#21 Tiy0s

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEdo, Turtle Bay

Posted 06 July 2024 - 12:21 AM

View Postlatinisator, on 05 July 2024 - 11:25 PM, said:

1:38: "What am I supposed to do? My entire life THEY'VE treated me like I need to live up to the heritage of my namesake."
Though this is not Jayden speaking, I still expect any trueborn Clan warrior of that era to slap the living hell out of a person to use contractions. Especially in the military ranks.
I have never been that proud to be a Jade Falcon. Posted Image

Oooooohhhh. Yeah that one. I was hyperfocusing on Jayden lines and missed that!

What Matt said. All will become clear in time...

#22 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia.

Posted 06 July 2024 - 12:25 AM

View PostTiy0s, on 06 July 2024 - 12:21 AM, said:

Oooooohhhh. Yeah that one. I was hyperfocusing on Jayden lines and missed that!

What Matt said. All will become clear in time...

Hmm, maybe he was freeborn ? :))

Edited by Pyc_MadWolf, 06 July 2024 - 12:32 AM.

#23 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 02:13 AM

I am looking forward to it, I also was focused on Jayden's lines and missed the other person speaking the contraction.

#24 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 701 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 08:16 AM

will we get more highlights on new gameplay mechanics and features? that's the kind of things that would make me keep playing a game.

#25 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 02:26 PM

View Postmartian, on 05 July 2024 - 10:13 PM, said:

You can read his message regarding the upcoming MW5:Clans here:

I stand by my surprisingly legible rant. Prove me wrong.

#26 Rhaelcan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 347 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 06:43 PM

View PostFar Reach, on 05 July 2024 - 10:33 AM, said:

Hard. Pass.

Ok, carry on.

#27 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 06 July 2024 - 09:12 PM

View PostFar Reach, on 06 July 2024 - 02:26 PM, said:

I stand by my surprisingly legible rant. Prove me wrong.
Why should I prove you anything?

#28 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 July 2024 - 12:55 AM

Dear developers, i want to thank you for your wonderful videos on the presentation of the characters and their actors. It is clear that you have done a lot of work on cinematography and put your soul into it and try from the bottom of your heart. You've done a great job for the actor. It feels like they are also imbued with the plot and the history of the universe. The atmosphere, spirit and way of the Clans are noticeable in your videos. It's very cool and pleasant. Keep up the good work and thank you for choosing the path of linear campaigns with a good narrative in a new format. This has always been a dream in Mechwarrior games. Keep it up!

P.S. Mechwarriors, I want you to pay attention to this.
Agree that in all the characters shown there are features inherent in their roles. A galactic commander with charisma, well-politically savvy, which is just as important for motivation and speaks like a speaker. Keith is a veteran craftsman, also charismatic, experienced. He knows how to talk like a teacher, cool down his ardor and direct in the right direction.
Mechwarriors are former young cadets, with their own dreams and fantasies. They show their character as best they can. They are green and it is noticeable externally. As for me, it is very wonderful for developers to show completely different roles, characters that are felt with their inner self.

#29 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 07 July 2024 - 02:14 PM

View PostTiy0s, on 05 July 2024 - 01:01 PM, said:

What do you dislike about it?

He just has a grudge with PGI and the Cauldron and this is his way to take it out on you.

View PostFar Reach, on 05 June 2024 - 11:29 AM, said:

After that last disastrous MW5 dlc, I'm not holding my breath on this being a high quality product.

This company moves at a glacial pace and is quite out-of-touch with it's (remaining) average userbase. But to heck with normal, average, regular -people- players! Let's instead cater to the ultra-minority of "pros"!

*But* only the ones who check all the diversity boxes and are willing to ignore and condone the _creeps_ who've captured this title.

Solaris Showdown was a decent DLC, but the only thing that killed it for me was how the AI would bumrush you all at once if you had aggro on the last missions.

Let's see here, what he's talking about with his points.

1. PGI makes moves at a glacial pace when it comes to content. Let's see how slow they made their content.
  • Hellebore Outpost Released
  • Vitric Station Released
  • Emerald Vale Released
  • Hatchetman Released
  • Crusader Released
  • Free Worlds Colosseum Released
  • Ceres Metal Scrapyard Released
  • Bearclaw II Released
  • Stone Rhino Released
  • Longbow Released
  • New Clan Weapons Released: Hyper Assault Gauss Rifles-20,40 and 30
  • New IS Weapons Released: Binary Laser Cannon and X-Pulse Lasers: Small, Medium and Large
  • New Clan Weapons Released: Plasma Cannon, Beam Laser, Proto AC/2,4,8 and AP Gauss
  • New Inner Sphere Weapons Released: Thunderbolt Missiles: 5,10,15,20, Magshot Gauss, Light AC/2 and 5, Silver Bullet Gauss Rifle
  • Black Hawk KU - the first IS OmniMech for MWO Released
  • Bullshark Released
It looks like they've been on the ball as of late with pace of content to me

2. PGI being out-of-touch with the average playerbase and goes to "pros" to balance the game.

From what I've been seeing lately, there is a high number of people who like this game. If they were out of touch, then the game would be sitting in mixed reviews. As for the pros (i.e. The Cauldron) they've been doing more than PGI to balance the game. While there are some normal players who are decent people with legitimate criticisms, other average people on the forums are ungrateful, entitled and spiteful people who offer nothing but vendettas or insults. Either complaining about "clanner crap", free events or whatever else. It's no wonder why the MWO forums is referred to as "The Brown Sea".

3. Checkboxes on diversity and creeps owning the title.

He might be leaning into some prejudice viewpoint.

PGI is far from a perfect paragon but I appreciate their efforts to try to revitalize MWO with new weapons, maps and mechs. Do I wish that the game could improve in other areas? Sure, but I'm satisfied with what we have now. But as for Far Reach, it's best to ignore him. He's just want to be all doom and gloom.

As for me, I'll keep a watchful eye on MW5: Clans and reserve my judgement on it until it comes out. It does look promising though, and I'll continue to look at any other information.

Edited by Will9761, 22 July 2024 - 09:39 AM.

#30 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 July 2024 - 12:16 AM

They have previously mentioned gameplay will be revealed post-Gamescom which is late August.

View Postsimon1812, on 06 July 2024 - 08:16 AM, said:

will we get more highlights on new gameplay mechanics and features? that's the kind of things that would make me keep playing a game.

#31 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 08 July 2024 - 11:14 PM

Jayden being a freeborn wouldn't be that odd. Even if the Jags are notoriously dickish about them gaining any station, they'd still recognize Talent. It just means that Freeborn Warrior is likely a lot more angry than most who already had to go through crap in any Crusader clan.

Also, you guys claiming he used contractions need to rewatch the video. Not once is a contraction used in character.

Edited by Arkhangel, 08 July 2024 - 11:25 PM.

#32 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 July 2024 - 11:46 PM

Are we going to see Kit Masters or Sarah Weaver this week? :))

#33 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 576 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 July 2024 - 05:52 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 08 July 2024 - 11:14 PM, said:

Also, you guys claiming he used contractions need to rewatch the video. Not once is a contraction used in character.

Reread! It is not Jayden using a contraction but the other guy (1:38 into the video). He must be a freebirth and a filthy one at that. My point stands: Any trueborn warrior would give him five across the eyes.

Since that dirt is referring that he has to meet expections due to his namesake, I guess he will be some sort of Diana (Pryde) - the freeborn child of two trueborns. That would be kind of ok, if he were Diana, daughter of the one and only hero Aidan Pryde.

Still, I want MW5:Clans now, as in NOW. Right now. Can we have a beta, please? Alpha maybe? ;)
Damn, I feel the urge to reread the Jade Falcon trilogy.

#34 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 09 July 2024 - 06:24 PM

I didn't hear a "they've treated me". I heard a "they treated me". I think the MechWarrior just talks fast. YMMV.

I'm hyped, but I'm not getting this unless it comes out on GOG or a non-DRM physical release.

Edited by TELEFORCE, 09 July 2024 - 06:24 PM.

#35 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 July 2024 - 07:22 PM

Will they show a video about a new character and his actor today?

#36 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 July 2024 - 05:09 AM

Will we be able to choose our own answers in the dialogue with the NPC?

#37 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 16 July 2024 - 06:21 AM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 09 July 2024 - 06:24 PM, said:

I didn't hear a "they've treated me". I heard a "they treated me". I think the MechWarrior just talks fast. YMMV.

I'm hyped, but I'm not getting this unless it comes out on GOG or a non-DRM physical release.
I agree.

#38 Enamillion89

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 July 2024 - 10:58 AM

Wishlisted on Steam!! So excited to play this game!!!

#39 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 July 2024 - 04:12 PM

Will the game have a logbook of the main character, where we can read about all the past events? So to speak, a personal diary, a code.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users