AWESOME! Happy Hunting

#22 Godmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 586 posts
  • LocationConfoederatio Helvetica

Posted 16 August 2024 - 11:48 AM

Dieses Event ist grosser Dreck, MM funktioniert hier anscheinend gar nicht, nicht das er sonst funktionieren würde. ausserdem eine riesengrosse Einladung an alle Comp-nicht fair Spieler.

#23 Damiiiit

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 August 2024 - 11:51 AM

so what i understand for this weekend, just comp play for quick play. if you are not into comp play, like me, i recon no play this weekend. sad

#24 NoZaku4U

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationThe Citadel, Pacifica

Posted 16 August 2024 - 11:54 AM

Hard pass.
MM is so broken and games so unbalanced as it is 12v12, when each mech lost is 8.3% of the team. Now each mech lost is 12.5%. Snowball routs will just increase.

#25 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 16 August 2024 - 12:11 PM

The only way this 8v8 could work is if NO groups are allowed. Just pug vs pug.

#26 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 12:45 PM

Solo queue and seperate group queue with groups of 2-4 players would be good for 8v8.

Other than that 8v8 feels way better than 12v12.

Edited by Serial Number, 16 August 2024 - 01:17 PM.

#27 UMPA Viper

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 12:58 PM

Congrats PGI. You just shined a huge light on your inability or refusal to fix matching on quickplay. This has been a complaint for years. Great job on calling yourselves out on it with this event , LOL. See everyone monday when this is over.

Edited by UMPA Viper, 16 August 2024 - 12:58 PM.

#28 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 01:18 PM

View PostLatika, on 16 August 2024 - 11:41 AM, said:

I hate this event.

I like this event.

I registered in Aug 2012, but I wasn't able tot play MWO until ~2017 due to lack of internet.

I missed the "good old days" of 8 vs 8, so this is a cool experience.

#29 Espire

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 01:19 PM

experience Comp? nah you can keep it to yourself. Cya on Monday.

#30 kalashnikity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 609 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 01:29 PM

View PostNoZaku4U, on 16 August 2024 - 11:54 AM, said:

Hard pass.
MM is so broken and games so unbalanced as it is 12v12, when each mech lost is 8.3% of the team. Now each mech lost is 12.5%. Snowball routs will just increase.

This is an unrealistic expectation.

Do you perform at exactly the same level, every match, no matter which mech you play in, on every random map?

Even Tier 1 players have Tier 3 matches, occasionally.

Are you willing to wait an extra 10 minutes for every match, to ensure you only have players in your own tier?

#31 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 01:45 PM

Just one note - most of players dont know how to play 8-8 and why it's different playstyle then 12-12. Example - in 12-12 when 2 assaults went sniping it can be fine, while when you see 2 players of 8 go sniping mean you can safe push 8 vs 6 and then deal with 2 snipers... 8-8 is MUCH better coz 1)less players = more affect of personal skill 2)much more "role" effect - in 8-8 100 tonn sniper is close to be a waste, same as 100 tonn lurmboat. If you play mech with 80+ tonns be ready to brawl as it was intended... IMHO
P.S. about maps - most of them need to be changed coz there are 1-2 of whole map pool when it's 100% of map is used, even on "small" maps like HPG we use like 70-80% of whole map, while on "big" canyon we use like 90% of space etc.

Edited by Pz_DC, 16 August 2024 - 01:56 PM.

#32 T33bor

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 01:48 PM

can't wait for all the players who are saying they will come back on monday to find out its still 8v8 because they didn't read the notice :D

#33 Mistah Boom

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 01:56 PM

Probably would have been a better choice to make it an actual event queue rather than replace QP with it.

#34 Glymbol

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 02:02 PM

Just remove groups and it will be OK. Right now it seems there are 4 man groups, without tonnage limit.

Edited by Glymbol, 16 August 2024 - 02:54 PM.

#35 Kray76

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2024 - 02:10 PM

just why? Make it as an event queue and not as QP. Now i cant play MWO this weekend, because half of our pitty playerbase dont want to play this ****. The times of 8v8 are over.

View PostPz_DC, on 16 August 2024 - 01:45 PM, said:

Just one note - most of players dont know how to play 8-8 and why it's different playstyle then 12-12. Example - in 12-12 when 2 assaults went sniping it can be fine, while when you see 2 players of 8 go sniping mean you can safe push 8 vs 6 and then deal with 2 snipers... 8-8 is MUCH better coz 1)less players = more affect of personal skill 2)much more "role" effect - in 8-8 100 tonn sniper is close to be a waste, same as 100 tonn lurmboat. If you play mech with 80+ tonns be ready to brawl as it was intended... IMHO
P.S. about maps - most of them need to be changed coz there are 1-2 of whole map pool when it's 100% of map is used, even on "small" maps like HPG we use like 70-80% of whole map, while on "big" canyon we use like 90% of space etc.

its not about skill. Its about group. This event is ********.

#36 Tenshi 0

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 02:19 PM

Love it when PGI runs events that show the community how bad at the game they really are.
Go play against ai in MW5 (you can turn the difficulty down)

#37 Kray76

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 20 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2024 - 02:29 PM

View PostTenshi 0, on 16 August 2024 - 02:19 PM, said:

Love it when PGI runs events that show the community how bad at the game they really are.
Go play against ai in MW5 (you can turn the difficulty down)

look at steamcharts. its not secret. QP Players are playing without group. That means, its like lottery in this case. If we get a good group, we win, if not, we dont win.
Finally realize, that the old times, where we had commanders for QP are over, since minimum 5 Years ago. They dont playi this game anymore. We are even dont have 1k players in steamcharts at the weekends.
What do you prefer, that a few groups have fun and more players leave?

Edited by Kray76, 16 August 2024 - 02:33 PM.

#38 BinaryFyre

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 02:33 PM

So, um. How do I put this. This community, the totality of MWO players, do not have the... ability, to - work together as a team, stick together, coordinate a murderball, cover each other's @$$'es, the list goes on and on my friends. And 8v8, though I guess lots of folks have be asking for this?? well, it kinda sucks. Matches, are the swingiest ever, as long as I play an assault I can pretty much rick roll as long as I hang back to play mop up. Most of the time in matches so far - that seems to be the trend anyways. I'm on my 4th back to back of QP of the day, nobody knows tactics, maybe folks talk about it on the forums but I never see it in game play - except every now and again with the MWO gods align. And there is always always one squirrelly **** that'll troll, or doddle - oh and speak of doddle, the penalty for being AFK with 8v8 has to be exponentially modified for reporting. E.g., AFK within 3 matches within an hour = 15min time out. When even one person is AFK with 8v8, it totally F's the team, don't matter what the tonnage.

Just my 2 cents for now, subject to change.

#39 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,756 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 16 August 2024 - 02:33 PM

View PostKray76, on 16 August 2024 - 02:29 PM, said:

Finally realize, that the old times, where we had commanders for QP are over, since minimum 5 Years ago.

In the old times we didn't have commanders in QP either Posted Image, but not sure why you think that remotely matters anyway.

#40 patrat124

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2024 - 02:42 PM

I really wish the 8v8 was an optional game mode and something that wasn't forced. I play quickplay because I love the chaos of 12v12 where its generally fine if you stick with the team and just shoot at things without being forced to NEED a strategy beyond "group up and stay in a firing line" sometimes it gets more in depth if there's many people using VOIP in one match but that's generally rare. now with the 8v8, especially on the large maps that haven't been removed from the map queue, strategy is required far more especially with the possibility of fighting a team of full groups. which makes it super difficult for many players such as myself who don't have many friends who play the game and don't use VOIP to be able to play the game effectively. I don't see myself being very useful in any matches this weekend which is unfortunate because this is going to be the time where I can play the most during the week. what's done is done but I feel like it could have been done better with slightly more thought put into it

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users