74 replies to this topic

#41 UMPA Viper

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 August 2024 - 11:19 AM

View PostRhaelcan, on 18 August 2024 - 02:20 PM, said:

Guys, we found him, the guy 4 man dropping in warthogs.

100% was strong. Way too strong, needed to be toned down slightly. Already crying about it not going to be played anymore. You know damn well you'll keep playing it.

Wow , nice attack. Apparently you are not good with the mech , why you say its OP. Practice a little , lights arent easy. Either that or you got owned by some of them. Has to be one or the other , lo.

#42 T B Kind

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 August 2024 - 12:38 PM

View PostSATAN 666, on 18 August 2024 - 10:45 PM, said:

Yeah and bring back solaris

and scouting

#43 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 19 August 2024 - 12:51 PM

View PostWraith 1, on 18 August 2024 - 10:44 PM, said:

Something doesn't have to be popular to be overpowered. Short-range light mechs aren't the most common in the first place, but there isn't a single other light knife fighter that can beat a Warthog in a 1v1, assuming high and close pilot skill. Every light only event queue has been completely dominated by Warthogs ever since APG were added.

Besides, if you want to make an appeal to popularity, when's the last time you've seen any other Adder variant? Why should the already far superior 16 ballistic variant get so much more armor than the other ones? It's just getting the same armor as the other variants, and then the originally intended build is getting substantially buffed. The biggest shame here is that it can't lose the heat quirks too, thanks to the omnipod system.

Because the Adder is slow, bulky and has horrible weapon mounts? And if you're using AP's then you gotta get in super close? I've never had an issue taking one down. I'm just not seeing what you guys are saying. There are more than a few light mechs capable of taking it down. I know because I've done it. You stay out of range and/or you out manuever it. You adapt. That simple.

Edited by -Ramrod-, 19 August 2024 - 12:53 PM.

#44 Xaius

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 August 2024 - 01:09 PM

View PostWaponiwoo, on 18 August 2024 - 09:46 AM, said:

idk how we got commando love but ill take it!!
the 30 laser dur is the whole reason i was running the tdk, you might have made me swap to the ct mounts and masc with this, but there are still trade offs with eng size and armor bonuses and range.
confused by the extra coolshot buffs. heat on tdk doesnt seem to be an issue unless running 4mxpls. might have to try that again, coolshot adds like 2 seconds firing time. the info gathering is helpful and interesting.
2d could use the extra 4amor on the laser arm to go with the new laser cooldown possibilities, and to match the missel arm. idk bout the 1d still
will have to retry all varients. good stuff.
and raven buffs!

I have a commando I haven't touched in ages, went to see if I should try it again with the buffs, only to go, "Wait wtf, this thing runs 167kph!"

#45 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 August 2024 - 06:18 PM

View Post-Ramrod-, on 19 August 2024 - 12:51 PM, said:

Because the Adder is slow, bulky and has horrible weapon mounts? And if you're using AP's then you gotta get in super close? I've never had an issue taking one down. I'm just not seeing what you guys are saying. There are more than a few light mechs capable of taking it down. I know because I've done it. You stay out of range and/or you out manuever it. You adapt. That simple.

It already gets a bunch of armor quirks outside of the SO8 because of how slow and bulky it is. APG isn't the only short range Adder build either. The hands-down best build for the chassis doesn't need even more.

APG outranges SRMs, all small class lasers, MGs, and HMGs; and matches C-HMLs, all IS medium class lasers except IS ERML, and SNPPCs. It is NOT short ranged for a high-damage light mech. There are a handful of good builds that simultaneously outrange and outmaneuver the Warthog, but I'm guessing you didn't play much in any of the light event queues, because most players stopped trying to do that very quickly.

#46 Waponiwoo

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2024 - 07:55 PM

View PostXaius, on 19 August 2024 - 01:09 PM, said:

I have a commando I haven't touched in ages, went to see if I should try it again with the buffs, only to go, "Wait wtf, this thing runs 167kph!"

right! these guys are little bad asses. think im doing like 135 with 8 tons of guns at the moment. they already had damn decent armor and other quirks, idk. lowish arm mounts is painful sometimes but thats it.

Edited by Waponiwoo, 19 August 2024 - 07:56 PM.

#47 Martaloc

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 50 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 20 August 2024 - 01:21 AM

As for the Stone Rhino, we were doing a review of all the assault mech standings in MWO and one thing was very clear. Mechs like the Kodiak 3, Moonwalker, and Annihilator 2A were all lacking as ballistic based assaults. Rather than buff all three of those along with countless others, we decided to target the outlier mech. The Stone Rhino. When the SR first came out we tried to be extremely conservative in the quirks and stats we gave it, but even then we underestimated the sheer power that comes from being a clan 100 ton battlemech with good mounts and geometry.

Then buff the Kodiaks, Annihilators and Moonwalker , especialy Kodiak has realy **** chasis/hitboxes, i dont even play my bears.
Time to make them smaller as you PGI guys said 3 years ago that you will rescale the too big mechs.
You can make the lights bigger too, they are too small, no way that a 20-25 tons mech is smaler as an assault knee hight.

Edited by Martaloc, 20 August 2024 - 03:33 AM.

#48 Pyc_MadWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia.

Posted 20 August 2024 - 02:07 AM

https://i.ibb.co/tH1...wg-B2-Y8l-A.jpg

#49 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 937 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 20 August 2024 - 06:45 AM

Now that the two new legendary introduces partial wing there is no more excuse not to have winged mechs!
The way is paved. Walk not along it would be craven cowardice. Pioneering done, so let's take a walk!
Winged mechs. Mechs with wings, we all know what does it mean: PREYBIRDS!

For lights, there is the 35tons participant:
Posted Image
Eyrie. A battlemech and not an omni, so it may have some very good quirks!

The medium class' champion weights 55tons...
Posted Image
Gyrfalcon. Who may not want such a sterling beauty in their hangar?! Could be turned to a real hitter for such a weight.

Heavy class? No, Jade hawk looks strange, sorry! Out of place among mechs with outwordly beauty...

Assault class on the other hand could bring us the 95tons of agression bend with exctatic rapture!
Posted Image
Shrike! Fast, potent, can jump. An assault with strange hardpoints (shared between torsos) but that could be solved by simply split the LRM10 to 2xLRM5s...

And put these all in a mechpack would be even better!
See, PGI, how good idea were you to introduce partial wings? Now we could have really nice things!
And a cheap trick for a new chassis: Take the Spider, add +5 tons and voilá! You have the Venom! Seriously!
Also a cheap thing to convert the Crab to the Night chanter. Visually little changes (I look at you, Black hawk KU!) but a brand new (omni)chassis!
Or Hauptmann :)

OK, enough trolling for the whole week! I know ;)

#50 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 August 2024 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

#51 lammaer

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 01:57 PM

Why Stone Rhinos are not on sale? They had some adjustments in the patch... not to much, still, adjustment is an adjustment...

#52 T B Kind

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 01:58 PM

is 6.5 mil c-bill really a half price warthog?

I thought Stone Rhino was going on sale?

#53 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 02:48 PM

View PostMartaloc, on 20 August 2024 - 01:21 AM, said:

As for the Stone Rhino, we were doing a review of all the assault mech standings in MWO and one thing was very clear. Mechs like the Kodiak 3, Moonwalker, and Annihilator 2A were all lacking as ballistic based assaults. Rather than buff all three of those along with countless others, we decided to target the outlier mech. The Stone Rhino. When the SR first came out we tried to be extremely conservative in the quirks and stats we gave it, but even then we underestimated the sheer power that comes from being a clan 100 ton battlemech with good mounts and geometry.

Then buff the Kodiaks, Annihilators and Moonwalker , especialy Kodiak has realy **** chasis/hitboxes, i dont even play my bears.
Time to make them smaller as you PGI guys said 3 years ago that you will rescale the too big mechs.
You can make the lights bigger too, they are too small, no way that a 20-25 tons mech is smaler as an assault knee hight.

-some assault mechs are ridiculously huge (looks at banshee) so huge the amount of armor they carry doesnt do anything for them, they are a prime target in the battlefield. the rest of the lance has to stand beside them to properly bring their firepower into play or just watch from the distance while a lone assault is ganged upon by faster enemy mechs, I have seen 3 lights mechs just eat an atlas (while twisting its torso frantically as an attempt to spread damage) before anybody can help it.

and not just the assaults, cmon the centurion is not supposed to be that broad in the shoulders, a lot of mech in this game as proportions issue, and yes I think I can objectively call it an issue.

PGI did bother..."fixing" the arms for the nightstar, sure they can do more for other mechs.

Edited by simon1812, 20 August 2024 - 02:48 PM.

#54 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 812 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 20 August 2024 - 03:49 PM

So the enormously wide wings on the Champion - can they catch on buildings (or other terrain), or do the wings clip through?

#55 solarmus

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 04:28 PM

Aren't the buff/nerf/adjusted mechs in a patch usually on sale? The Adder-W seems to be missing, the other adders are on sale though.

#56 Scrapped

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 04:31 PM

Hi Everyone. Hope you are all having a good night.

Something strange with this patch is that I can't seem to set up weapon groups. I can go into Weapon Groups, select what button I want, save it, and then when I drop it reverts to whatever it was originally.

For example I just bought the Cinder from the store and all weapons are set to 1. I set them to the buttons I want, save it, it shows its saved, then when I drop into the Testing Grounds they are all set back to 1.

Is there any way to fix this or is this a bug of some sort from the patch?

#57 solarmus

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 05:40 PM

View PostScrapped, on 20 August 2024 - 04:31 PM, said:

Hi Everyone. Hope you are all having a good night.

Something strange with this patch is that I can't seem to set up weapon groups. I can go into Weapon Groups, select what button I want, save it, and then when I drop it reverts to whatever it was originally.

For example I just bought the Cinder from the store and all weapons are set to 1. I set them to the buttons I want, save it, it shows its saved, then when I drop into the Testing Grounds they are all set back to 1.

Is there any way to fix this or is this a bug of some sort from the patch?

If you change them in the testing grounds do the revert on exiting?

#58 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 692 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 06:28 PM

is the new champion any good? or better than its variants?...champion was not a great mech to begin with...

Edited by simon1812, 20 August 2024 - 09:21 PM.

#59 Scrapped

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 06:35 PM

Um, no. Not sure how to change a grouping while in a match but when I change in the Mech Lab it will show they are changed, then when I go to the Testing Grounds the saved changes aren't there. Repeated attempts to save don't fix the issue.

Not sure what to do to fix this.

Thanks

#60 solarmus

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2024 - 07:15 PM

FWIW, in game you can use left-CTRL to set up weapon groups. Usually they'll save automatically afterward but might not for you.

I'd try the usual verify the integrity of game files through steam stuff just in case.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users