5 replies to this topic

#1 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 20 August 2024 - 03:06 PM

I have been messing around with Blight for some time and finally found what works best for me.
2UAC20 with 6 tons of ammo
2 LMG with 1 ton ammo
2 ML
LFE 265
10 DHS (nothing beyond those in the engine)
Endo Steel

I set the two UAC20 to chain fire. Expose and hose with the LMG while you fire off a UAC20 shot every second unitl all four shots are done. Either pull back then or repeat a second four shot volley then step back. Use the 2 ML as appropriate. The amount of firepower this puts in the face of anyone will make them flinch and back off. So long as you haven't bitten off more than one mech you can shred even most assaults should you get the drop. With decent aim they will be either critical CT or often missing a side torso. You then have time to get back and cool. The thing has performed great, give it a try.

http://mad-blgd

Edited by Ken Harkin, 20 August 2024 - 03:08 PM.

#2 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,949 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 20 August 2024 - 05:29 PM

Sounds fun! 19.7 burst DPS is nothing to sneeze at. 1200 damage in UAC/20 ammo might be too much, so you could make Minor Adjustments to get a hair more speed and fit in another LMG - or simply Ditch the LMGs Entirely.

Edited by Void Angel, 20 August 2024 - 06:07 PM.

#3 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 August 2024 - 06:39 AM

Both options are interesting. 5 tons of UAC20 ammo would probably suffice as I have yet to run out although I have often finished the match with the <25% ammo warning.

For this partiuclar build I am not partial to MPLs as I am pretty much face on for 4 seconds straight before backing off, in that time I can get one good ML shot off and often a second before pulling back while the target tries to figure out what just hit it for 80 - 100 points of damage.

I do really like the idea of a third LMG. Originally I was ambivalent on them but that 1.7 DPS on top of the other fire really adds up. Adding a third LMG takes that to 2.55 DPS

I will try tonight with:
2UAC20 + 5 Tons Ammo
2ML
3LMG + 1 Ton Ammo (I wish I could have a little more ammo but I'm out of space.)
LFE270 with 10 Internal DHS
Max Armor
Total 74.9 Tons. I'm giving up .1 ton but so be it.

I make pretty liberal use of the LMGs when on target so it will be interesting to see if I start running out of ammo now that I am increasing consumption 50%. If I find that happening I may change them over to standard MGs. I will loose range but increase damage output and should be using them less. I will see...

#4 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,949 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 August 2024 - 07:42 AM

Well, 25% of 1200 damage before skills is still a lot of ammoPosted Image. I should point out that the MPL will support your tactics better than the ML - it has a shorter cooldown and duration, so you'll get two shots in more often, with greater damage and less spread. Like the 3rd LMG, the damage will add up, and without needing to stare at the enemy.

#5 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,555 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 August 2024 - 07:18 PM

Using two UAC20 and chain firing it is basically a (drumroll): Clan RAC20 ;)

TTB in one of his videos introduced the MAD-IIC-A as using Clan RAC10, chain firing its 3x UAC10 ;)

View PostKen Harkin, on 20 August 2024 - 03:06 PM, said:

I have been messing around with Blight for some time and finally found what works best for me.
2UAC20 with 6 tons of ammo
2 LMG with 1 ton ammo
2 ML
LFE 265
10 DHS (nothing beyond those in the engine)
Endo Steel

I set the two UAC20 to chain fire. Expose and hose with the LMG while you fire off a UAC20 shot every second unitl all four shots are done. Either pull back then or repeat a second four shot volley then step back. Use the 2 ML as appropriate. The amount of firepower this puts in the face of anyone will make them flinch and back off. So long as you haven't bitten off more than one mech you can shred even most assaults should you get the drop. With decent aim they will be either critical CT or often missing a side torso. You then have time to get back and cool. The thing has performed great, give it a try.

http://mad-blgd

#6 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts

Posted 26 August 2024 - 10:18 AM

Tried it with only 5 tons of UAC20 ammo, 3LMG, and 2ML.

It definitely performed. I had two drops out of the roughly 10 I did where I got the 25% ammo remaining warning for the UACs but to be fair it was very late in the game and I never did run dry. Did I notice a big difference from the 2 LMG version, not particularly but it had to have been doing something. 30 seconds of it would have given only another 25 points of damage but the key is that it is most effective later in the game when armor is stripped where it is hard to direcly measure its impact. I will keep with this mix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users