Changing Armor Or Structure Should Only Incur A C-Bill Cost Once

No replies to this topic

#1 Zen Dragon

• PipPip
  • The Divine
  • The Divine
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 August 2024 - 09:24 PM

For each mech changing your Armor type or Structure type on a Mech you own should only incur a cost once the first time you buy the armor/structure for that mech. It shouldn't incur a cost every single time you switch the armor type or structure type because you already purchased the armor or structure once for that mech. Why force the player to buy it over and over again when they tinker?

In it's current form it penalizes the player for experimenting with different loadouts. It discourages the player from making changes to the mech if it will cost C-Bills every time they switch the structure or armor in order to fit a new armament they would like to experiment with.

Please consider just making the purchase of armor and structure a one time purchase. For example, Once you own EndoSteel for a given mech variant you shouldn't have to buy it for that mech variant ever again. You should be able to swap to standard armor to try out a different loadout and then switch back to endosteel for free. Currently, it charges you to switch to standard, then charges you again to switch back to endosteel. That's just discouraging experimentation in the mechlab.

Also, the same would apply to ArtV and Double/Single heat sinks. Buy the modification once and swap it on or off as many times as you like per that chasis/variant.

NOTE: I want to be rally clear about this. I am NOT saying endosteel should be a component that you buy once and can put on any mech. I am saying that PER MECH you should be able to buy structure or amor types that are permanently availble for THAT MECH ONLY. If you buy another mech (or variant) you have to buy the upgrade ONCE for that new chasis / variant, then you would be free to swap it on or off of that variant as many times as you want for no additional fee.

Edited by Zen Dragon, 23 August 2024 - 09:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users