Black Knight Needs Torso Turn Buff

11 replies to this topic

#1 ReginaldVanjaster

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 10:57 AM

since theres apparently no man hours available to working on the much needed short comings of the black knight, i suggest an increase to torso turn speed to better allow for arm blocking incoming dmg

My reasoning is simple, the black knight was rescaled years ago, yet the torso turn speed remains the same. Since the overall size and geometry of the mech increased, it is only right to make allowances for players attempting to twist and roll dmg across their mech

#2 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 August 2024 - 01:14 PM

Isn't there a skill point for torso speed?

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 August 2024 - 01:52 PM

View PostSwamp *** MkII, on 25 August 2024 - 01:14 PM, said:

Isn't there a skill point for torso speed?

Indeed there is. Five of them. If that's the critical shortcoming to your style of play on the Black Knight, drop points into it!

#4 DarkBazerker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 279 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWaffle House

Posted 26 August 2024 - 06:19 PM

I was looking at my black knight bl-6-knt and the only thing that came to mind was I thought it could use less heat for medium laser family. Most of the knights are pretty ok you just have to get used to using them in the current meta.

#5 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 August 2024 - 06:43 PM

As a mech that only has energy points, except for the Hero and Legend, the BlackKnight as well as the Grasshopper are seriously under-quirked.

Nobody seems to want to face the facts that that Black Knight is borderline hot garbage nor address why it is ignored across all variants.

#6 Pixel Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 374 posts

Posted 26 August 2024 - 08:08 PM

View PostCyborne Elemental, on 26 August 2024 - 06:43 PM, said:

As a mech that only has energy points, except for the Hero and Legend, the BlackKnight as well as the Grasshopper are seriously under-quirked.

Nobody seems to want to face the facts that that Black Knight is borderline hot garbage nor address why it is ignored across all variants.

I agree. If you don't see it played often it's probably under quirked

#7 BlueDevilspawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 August 2024 - 01:05 PM

?? Not only is the Black Knight perfectly viable in QP, it's even comp viable.

Not being a popular mech doesn't mean a mech is weak or underquirked, it's simply not as popular. And no, you're going to convince me that not popular = weak.

#8 Rist138

Rookie

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 5 posts
  • LocationThunderdome

Posted 27 August 2024 - 04:36 PM

I agree. I feel like adding that to the Black Knight and Onyx would make them a lot more fun. I really enjoy them both, but that could be a game changer and I don't think it would make them too broken

#9 RockmachinE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 29 August 2024 - 09:49 AM

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've seen a non legendary Black Knight in the wild for ages, ages I tell you!

Buff blakknight!!!

Edited by RockmachinE, 29 August 2024 - 09:57 AM.

#10 torsie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 253 posts
  • LocationLost in the snow :3

Posted 29 August 2024 - 10:08 AM

Black Knights are good Posted Image
https://youtube.com/...?feature=shared

#11 ReginaldVanjaster

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2024 - 11:26 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 26 August 2024 - 01:52 PM, said:

Indeed there is. Five of them. If that's the critical shortcoming to your style of play on the Black Knight, drop points into it!

why do you people insult my intelligence? Do you seriously think I using unskilled mechs?

#12 ReginaldVanjaster

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2024 - 11:44 PM

View PostDarkBazerker, on 26 August 2024 - 06:19 PM, said:

I was looking at my black knight bl-6-knt and the only thing that came to mind was I thought it could use less heat for medium laser family. Most of the knights are pretty ok you just have to get used to using them in the current meta.

The 6 quirks are the best of all the black knights, due to agility and torso speed being highest of all variants. However, while I would enjoy heat improvements, the black knight is essentially hot by nature, with the durability to compensate.

Given the size of the geometry in question is the question, I believe a more interesting game play balancing choice would be to assess whether or not a rescale would be A. beneficial. and B. necessary, and then to subsequently either/or* :rescale the black knight to provide the durability requisite to a high heat weapon system/ increase heat dmg that you can inflict on yourself/ increase torso speed as a way to simulate durability via rolling dmg/ increase torso armor to allow functional rolling given current torso turn speeds/ or provide more generous range quirks on medium lasers ( or other weapons depending on variant)/ or a hitbox redesign increase functional durabilty

Tldr: BK could likely use other quirks, but I find options that aid survival germane to the "character development" of the mech and the ensuing mech balancing within the whole.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users