Increase Number Of Skills

4 replies to this topic

#1 weaponsgradedumb

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2024 - 09:00 AM

I would like to see an increase in the number of skill points that can be used. 91 is nice but there are over 200 skills available and only around 40%of them can be used at one time. Once you skill for firepower and armor you can really do much for the mobility of your mech or targeting and consumables. Being able to use all would be nice but even up to 115-120 would be allow a more even distribution of skills across the tree.

#2 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 August 2024 - 07:43 PM

Maybe not 120, but I have often found I need just a tiny bit more on some builds, maybe like 100.

#3 Ttly

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 September 2024 - 05:35 PM

If anything the amount of skill nodes should be reduced/removed.
Just remove the +structure, +armor, adv.zoom, cool run, and one +1 consumable slot nodes, maybe radar deprivation and seismic too, instead just integrate them to all mechs by default.

There you go, suddenly points that otherwise gets swallowed up by all those "mandatory" skills suddenly are freed up for other stuff.
Also indirect nerf to LRMs because everyone hates those despite of their actual relative inaccuracy thanks to their spread+low velocity on top of need for lock-on if this were to be implemented (by-default 80% r.dep).

Edited by Ttly, 03 September 2024 - 06:08 PM.

#4 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 714 posts

Posted 06 September 2024 - 08:53 AM

it is fine as it is, finding myself having some good matches with mechs where I only have like half of the survival tree skills or the bare minimum for the skill tree that rules over weapons heat. keep going back to temper with it fairly often. discovered that acceleration is more important in some mechs than the max speed possible, or that weapons cooldown is very worthwhile for certain mechs with certain loadouts, etc etc.

if PGI give us120 or 200 we gonna skill the crap out of our mechs and never take a look back at the skill tree ever again and thats not the point. you have to choose what is important for your mech with consideration to your playstyle (and vice versa) yes compromise have to be made, there has to be a trade off, other wise you screw up balance.

#5 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 714 posts

Posted 06 September 2024 - 09:00 AM

View PostTtly, on 03 September 2024 - 05:35 PM, said:

If anything the amount of skill nodes should be reduced/removed.
Just remove the +structure, +armor, adv.zoom, cool run, and one +1 consumable slot nodes, maybe radar deprivation and seismic too, instead just integrate them to all mechs by default.

There you go, suddenly points that otherwise gets swallowed up by all those "mandatory" skills suddenly are freed up for other stuff.
Also indirect nerf to LRMs because everyone hates those despite of their actual relative inaccuracy thanks to their spread+low velocity on top of need for lock-on if this were to be implemented (by-default 80% r.dep).

first, I like where this is going.

second, I do have noticed that indirect dmg with lrms is powerful, but!!!... dangerous ONLY when the missile boat in question have some really good quirks regarding missile spread and/o fire rate...and the target has like no AMS...and neither his surrounding mates....seriously been playing longbow as soon as it became available and LRM40s+ become a minor annoyance when the whole enemy team pack AMS

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users