Mechwarrior Online - Bane Preorder Is Here!

56 replies to this topic

#21 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:17 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 13 September 2024 - 04:53 AM, said:

UAC's become an OS weapon, or behaves like a MW5 Rifles?

By this post? UACs fire like IS UACs - a single slug that you can doubletap to fire faster.

#22 kaleking14

• PipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 07:40 AM

As much as I love the Bane from the tabletop, I both think it will be OP or at best borderline OP, and I think that PGI needs to do a nice medium mech, like the Starslayer for example, to give us a break from more and more assault mechs. In addition, I'm sad that the bane that scares me the least is the one they choose to do platinum, the Bane 3.

#23 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 937 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 September 2024 - 08:20 AM

I am very curious about the lurmer variant.
On paper it would be a monster rain like hell (better than any Nova cat ever did)

I have some very nasty idea about an ATM-bane :)

#24 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 13 September 2024 - 09:38 AM

Quirks?

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#25 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,677 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 13 September 2024 - 09:47 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 13 September 2024 - 08:20 AM, said:

I am very curious about the lurmer variant.
On paper it would be a monster rain like hell (better than any Nova cat ever did)

I have some very nasty idea about an ATM-bane :)

ATM 3's anyone? Launch them by the sh*t load!

#26 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 10:56 AM

"Experimental ammunition? What does that do? The Modified Ballistic Loader is a locked item exclusive to the Leviathan that will convert UAC/ACs to single shot ballistics. This will not apply to LBx weapons. The Loader will also convert Gauss/HAG rounds into flechette rounds that spread. Clan Gauss will essentially become Silver Bullet Gauss on the Leviathan, and HAG will become... rapid fire LBx I guess? I dunno I'm not sure if there's an analogue I can give that players have already seen."

...it kinda makes me wish for those characteristics to be weapons of their own added to the game...

#27 Goggles Paesano

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 12:01 PM

Well, since the Bane has been on my want list for a looooong time It is going to be hard to pass it up but I'm going to try my hardest...

Why is the official top speed 54KPH but in PGI land its only 48.6 with the top engine? To paraphrase Sheriff Buford T Justice, “What we’re dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the lore.”

I've always hated the hard point system and this Mech highlights that. If i could, I would dump the 4 machine guns and replace them with 4 micro lasers. I'd rather have energy back up then another ammo dependent weapon.

And why is the main variant, the one that all other variants stem from, one of the specials????

Is it just me or has the price of these Mech Packs gone so high that they are practically in orbit? Didn't you used to get a discount for buying all of them? I thought you did. IDK, they are pricing them beyond my reach. Posted Image

I would like to get the other Mechs on my want list(Penetrator and Conjurer) but I won't be able to afford them when its all said and done if they ever did make them. Posted Image

BTW, Conjurer #4 is sweet! Just sayin

Edited by Goggles Paesano, 13 September 2024 - 12:09 PM.

#28 Obsidian Howell

Rookie

• The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 12:59 PM

Cool! Anybody know when the Bane will be released for C-Bills?

#29 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 01:36 PM

so to get the bane variant I actually want (The Bane-1) I have to spend 40 bucks to get 5 variants I'll likely never play unless the quirks are awesome, and then spend another 15 on top of that?

You guys smoke some good stuff.

I mean how much is Mech5:The Clans going to cost? I'm kinda betting less than $55, and that's for a full game, not just another single mechpack...

#30 Monsieur Mocha

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 01:51 PM

modified ballistic loader... modified missile loader... inferno srm/lrm when?

#31 DoucheNugg3t

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts
  • Locationbeyond the dune sea california

Posted 13 September 2024 - 02:11 PM

looks a little like the Tank from left 4 dead !!

#32 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 750 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 13 September 2024 - 02:22 PM

Meh... If you were going to release a Clanner assault pancake the Turkina would have been much more exciting and welcomed by players. The special equipment could have gone into the Turkina hero just the same.

#33 Goggles Paesano

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 02:44 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 13 September 2024 - 02:22 PM, said:

Meh... If you were going to release a Clanner assault pancake the Turkina would have been much more exciting and welcomed by players. The special equipment could have gone into the Turkina hero just the same.

I've been wanting the Bane for a long time. The problem I have is that I don't know why the speed is lower then the one in the lore and the price of these Mech Packs just keeps going up and up and up

#34 trans catgirl

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 31 posts
  • LocationMagistracy of Canopus

Posted 13 September 2024 - 03:46 PM

View PostGoggles Paesano, on 13 September 2024 - 02:44 PM, said:

I've been wanting the Bane for a long time. The problem I have is that I don't know why the speed is lower then the one in the lore and the price of these Mech Packs just keeps going up and up and up
both of these are established precedents. the dire wolf functions the same. the mech pack pricing, while I agree it is archaic, is also identical to the last full chassis release.same price as it always has been bestie.

#35 Akamia Terizen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ravenous
  • The Ravenous
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, just about everything is running slower than lore suggests they should, and they literally always have in this game. The Bane is not at all special here. If you want them to move closer to their lore speed without upgrading your engine (or in some cases, even with that, not that you can do that with the OmniMechs of course), then invest in Speed Tweak skills. You won't necessarily be a perfect match even with a full skill point investment, but you'll be a lot closer to what you want.

Edited by Akamia Terizen, 13 September 2024 - 06:39 PM.

#36 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 493 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 06:55 PM

Looks cool, of course.
But...
The latest mechs are increasingly leaning towards anime style in their design.
I hope we never see Gundam in the Canyon Network or Frozen City, for example.

#37 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 September 2024 - 07:12 PM

View PostGoggles Paesano, on 13 September 2024 - 12:01 PM, said:

Well, since the Bane has been on my want list for a looooong time It is going to be hard to pass it up but I'm going to try my hardest...

Why is the official top speed 54KPH but in PGI land its only 48.6 with the top engine? To paraphrase Sheriff Buford T Justice, “What we’re dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the lore.”

If I'm not mistaken, lore isn't based on any strict rule for speeds in kph.
It is based on number of hexes a mech can move. And a custom speed is assigned to the max number of hexes.

2 hexes: 32.4 kph --> hex = 16.2 kph -- (Like Annihilator)
3 hexes: 54 kph --> hex = 18 kph -- (Like Atlas)
4 hexes: 64 kph --> hex = 16 kph -- (Like Warhawk)
5 hexes: 86 kph --> hex = 17.2 kph -- (Like Summoner)
6 hexes: 97 kph --> hex = 16.2 kph -- (Like Adder)
7 hexes: 118 kph --> hex = 16.9 kph -- (Like Black Lanner)
8 hexes: 129 kph --> hex = 16.2 kph -- (Like Locust)
9 hexes: 151 kph --> hex = 16.8 kph -- (Like Incubus)
10 hexes: 162 kph --> hex = 16.2 kph -- (Like Fire Moth)

The number of hexes is the mech's engine rating divided by mech tonnage. As you can see, the assignments for each hex move limit is all over the place (in terms of how "fast" a hex is)
And to top it off, in "lore" you can not have any engine you want, only engines that give you an integer hex count based on your mech's tonnage.

MWO is not table top. You can customize and use any engine you want. You need rules for that. So, the most common ratio (16.2 kph per hex) is picked, and is used to come up with speeds from non-integer engine/tonnage ratios.

In Table top terms, in MW games for movement speed, each hex is equivalent to 45 meters in a 10 second long turn. That is 4.5 m/s, or 16.2 kph for each hex in a single turn of TT.

MWO in fact is respecting the "lore" rules very well.
And it is not just MWO. It's been like that since MW3 in 1999.
There are reasons behind everything.

Edited by Navid A1, 13 September 2024 - 07:44 PM.

#38 ironlegion60

• PipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 September 2024 - 08:49 PM

Ehhhhh, at some point. They've got to run out of assaults right?

Edited by ironlegion60, 13 September 2024 - 08:50 PM.

#39 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 13 September 2024 - 11:08 PM

To be fair IS assaults tend to dominate Clan assaults in Faction Warfare. The Bane is basically the Clan Annihilator. While I would like to see more Clan lights the Bane I think will fill a niche. But this mech is going to be very quirk dependent. And I'm weary about getting it because it'll get nerfed because of the Cauldron IS bias. Quirks need to start being locked. If it's OP then too bad. Learn to adapt. Every mech and every variant has its weaknesses. It's what balancing the mech before launch is for.

Edited by -Ramrod-, 13 September 2024 - 11:09 PM.

#40 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 14 September 2024 - 05:57 AM

Maybe balance these mechs BEFORE people buy it? I don't think nerfing the mechs after a month or two of release all the time is a good idea, especially when people who paid real money for it aren't compensated at least with some in-game rewards at least.

These mech packs, for comparison, cost more than Space Marine 2. Just food for thought.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users