Bring Back True Solo Queue

4 replies to this topic

#1 Benjamin357

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 September 2024 - 07:34 PM

Even if just for a week or two (like was done for 8v8). A true solo queue would be a lot of fun. The matches would be more random, fewer blowouts, each individual would have a chance to sway the battle.

#2 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 554 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 03:22 PM

How about a rotating night situation?

First week of the month - solo queue on Monday. Second week of the month - solo queue Tuesday...

With everything else they have done with the event queue, I would think they could arrange a weekly solo queue night.

Let's face it, the matchmaker can't handle balancing groups.

Edited by Remover of Obstacles, 17 September 2024 - 03:36 PM.

#3 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,549 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 04:23 PM

View PostBenjamin357, on 16 September 2024 - 07:34 PM, said:

Even if just for a week or two (like was done for 8v8). A true solo queue would be a lot of fun. The matches would be more random, fewer blowouts, each individual would have a chance to sway the battle.

Y'know what? Sure. Run a week of "TRUE SOLO" queue. And maybe - just maybe - when people see that games play out THE EXACT SAME GOD DAMNED WAY, with ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE due to the absence of People With Friends Dropping With Those Friends? We can put this miserable wretched idea of BANNING FRIENDSHIP 4EVAR to bed, ne?

#4 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 18 September 2024 - 12:41 PM

I play around 99.5% solo. I am more than happy to trade the occasional group roflstomp for not going back to consistent queue waits longer than match times.

I played an entire HBS Battletech campaign whilst in MWO queues.

#5 Jon Gotham

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 18 September 2024 - 05:23 PM

View PostBenjamin357, on 16 September 2024 - 07:34 PM, said:

NO.
Multiplayer online games are not solo games.
"The matches would be more random, fewer blowouts, each individual would have a chance to sway the battle."
Completely untrue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users