Download Game Immages!

3 replies to this topic

#1 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 388 posts

Posted 17 September 2024 - 12:30 PM

Hey, I'd like ot have the option to download game immages as I see them, or load them. In the long run, this would allow the game to run better, as we aren't downloading the same immage every time we look at it. Example, Cockpit items, or owned mechs in the mech bays, or even the store! I or one would favore this, as I do play on a mobile hotspot. Yes, the initail hit on data, would be well... On the other side, the hit on data after a week of solid playing, would be minimal. ie: 45 gigs a month sucks on limited mobile hotspot data! PS: I drive a truck for a living, so no such thing as unlimited or wired!

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 September 2024 - 10:24 PM

I use STEAM MWO install, and my mech icon images (in * .PNG file format) are stored here:

C:\Users\user_name\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\UI\MechIcons

Enjoy ;)

#3 Tiy0s

Staff

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 112 posts
  • LocationEdo, Turtle Bay

Posted 18 September 2024 - 10:28 AM

All image icons are stored ingame. Any new items have their icons downloaded in the patch. There's no dynamic downloading of icons, even when you save mechs they're rendered on the spot.

#4 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 388 posts

Posted 20 September 2024 - 03:13 PM

Appreciate the info. Guess, I might need to figure out why crap seems to take forever to load. :( Oh, is there any reason, the game itself uses so much data? I use to play games like CoD, Black Ops, and World of Warcraft. They never used the data on a consistant level like MWO does. Unless of course, there is an update, which there were many. Or could it be due to going through steam?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users