Pilot Skill Rating System.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dayo

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:00 PM

How about a fix to the PSR b4 anything else?

Just saying it seems like the psr is more about the luck of the draw team wise than individual skill.

Anyone else feel likewise ?

Edited by Dayo, Yesterday, 07:01 PM.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,280 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:17 PM

View PostDayo, on 18 October 2024 - 07:00 PM, said:

How about a fix to the PSR b4 anything else?

Just saying it seems like the psr is more about the luck of the draw team wise than individual skill.

Anyone else feel likewise ?
Some players have climbed from Tier 5 to Tier 1. During their way to the top, they played with all kinds of players - from total beginners to top players. They also played various game modes on various maps.

It is difficult to believe that they were "lucky" in the span of hundreds of games.

Perhaps their skill actually had something to do with their rise to Tier 1.

#3 Unknown Pwn

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted Today, 12:42 PM

View Postmartian, on 18 October 2024 - 11:17 PM, said:

Some players have climbed from Tier 5 to Tier 1. During their way to the top, they played with all kinds of players - from total beginners to top players. They also played various game modes on various maps.

It is difficult to believe that they were "lucky" in the span of hundreds of games.

Perhaps their skill actually had something to do with their rise to Tier 1.

You would think so. But there are a lot of hard coded score items that generate a lot of score such as multiple AMS systems. Tag, Narc, staying in formation.

Then there is the damage component while in formation which is considerably less when you are not.

There are also a number of scoring factors that are anemic in rewards such as scouting.

Before you try to get ahead of me though, understand that I have been to 1 max to bottom of 5 minimum playing as a scout. So I know this is the case. I know what generates more score towards your pilot skill rating.

If as a scout, you are not dealing more than 450 damage, IN formation, AND AMS, AND TAG you are losing pilot rating as a piilot 1 every match.

A scout can not be expected to deliver an intel advantage on a target or formation, by staying in formation with their team.

So it may be that the OP is not sure how to articulate his argument. It may be that the scoring system really is more than a bit eccentric.

#4 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,377 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted Today, 02:43 PM

I have never been as tired of anything as I am of these light machs. When 5 light mechs come at me from every direction, what can I do? Especially if my team is really dumb, has light firepower, or is LRM-heavy and there are many ECMs, what can I do? Or if I'm using an LRM-heavy machine, what can I do? The only thing I can do is press the power button, shut down the machine, and quit the game. If the number of classes that can participate in a game isn't limited, that game truly becomes hell. And there's nothing you can do. It really makes me angry. Being helpless makes me angry.

Yes, I can carry multiple types of weapons, but an alpha setup focused on one class deals much more damage. For example, a build focused solely on LRM becomes very effective if it dedicates all its weight to ammunition and LRM weapons, provided it doesn't get caught. Or a build configured just for close-range becomes very effective in close quarters and deals a lot of damage, but becomes completely defenseless on a large map when faced with 4 or 5 snipers. Conversely, when we make a mixed build, like those in Stone Rhino chassis, they become weak in many ways. I can't escape this contradiction. Choosing a machine before a match is really difficult for me. I feel like I'm just rolling the dice. It feels like the game isn't really about tactics and strategy. Sometimes, my PR value increases with simple shots using very light weapons, and sometimes it decreases with a machine equipped with very heavy weapons. And there's nothing I can do about it.

I like fighting with heavy machines. Yes, I can use light mechs, but I don't like them. I prefer fighting to running away. And lastly, you go to a corner, start fighting an enemy, thinking your team has your back, and when an enemy comes from behind, you realize you are fighting with a cowardly team and die without being able to do anything. There's nothing you can do about it. Your teammates are just waiting for you to die to get a few more points. They are waiting for you to inflict maximum damage on the enemy. This is a vicious cycle. I understand it's a team-based game, but I rarely see a team. I generally feel like I'm playing with soulless bots. Especially when I read the constantly changing nicknames every day, this is all I feel. I don't think a person changes their nickname every day, who would pay for that every day? I don't understand.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users