Honor Among Thieves (Signup)

736 replies to this topic

#61 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

god i keep contradicting myself. to summarize my character can be made awesome or normal but good depending on how you phrase his accomplishments. i phrased them in the most epic way possible in my bio but they can easily be made more normal.

#62 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Any limits to customizations on my mech? I feel like I'm spamming the thread with all these questions >_>

#63 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Okay, the last of the Tombstone Barbershop Quartet, signing in. (Though we're still waiting on Vodka's bio)

Name: Sierra Mueller
Callsign: Reaper
Role: Skirmisher/Light Support
Date of Birth: 18/August/3012
Planet of Birth: Shiro III
-Appearance-
Height: 5‘ 6“
Weight: 165 lbs
Hair Color: Bright red (naturally brown)
Hair Style: Shoulder length, normally loose
Eye Color: Brown
-Mech-
Mech Class: Trebuchet
Mech Type: Medium
Weapon Loadout:
R Arm: 2x Medium Lasers
R Torso: 1x LRM15
L Arm: 1x Medium Laser + 2x SRM6
Mech Modifications: Aside from the weapons swap, none.

Background: Sierra stole her first ‘Mech at 15, a move of peer pressure that became a lifestyle. As she drove the Spider on a breakneck chase through the backstreets of Shiro III’s capital, she realised this is what she wanted to do with her life. Not just pilot BattleMechs. Steal them and ride them to the ground. She managed to fence the Spider to a group of Liao-sponsored rebels on the planet and used the money to head to Galatea and start a shady career as a mercenary.

Since founding the Tombstone Barbershop Quartet along with Dirk, Nicoli and <Insert Vodka’s character’s name here>, Sierra has gone through 5 ‘Mechs. The most recent was a Kintaro KTO-18 lost on Luzerne to bandit fire. It was replaced by the Trebuchet TBT-5N formerly belonging to the local magistrate. Sierra rather liked the SRM launchers carried by the Kintaro, though, so had them installed in the Trebuchet’s arm.

#64 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

View PostRasengetsu, on 30 July 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

Any limits to customizations on my mech? I feel like I'm spamming the thread with all these questions >_>

'Mech customization is pretty expensive without Omnitech, so custom 'Mechs are supposed to be pretty rare. That said, we've got everything from stock variants to Frankenmechs already in our group, so it's certainly not unheard-of.

Customize to your heart's content, as long as there's a reasonable in-character justification for how your character came by the fancy hardware.

#65 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

nah, np :D

We´re here to help :> Tough i´m not the right one to do so, my BT Lore knowledge is limited too :unsure:

#66 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

View PostXinaoen, on 30 July 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Edit: Whaddaya know? Retractable blades show up on the equipment list for every time period, at least in SSW. They weigh 1.5 tons and take up 2 crits (double that if you want one for each arm). Go ahead, I guess? If it turns out to be anachronistic, we'll just call it a fudge.

Woah, yeah, that's right. The were popularised by the Word of Blake during the Jihad, but they were actually invented by the Terran Hegemony waaay back before the Succession Wars.

http://www.sarna.net...tractable_Blade

#67 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Dai, you honestly sound like you've learned all you know about hacking from watching Die Hard 4. I'm a computer programmer, and trust me, it genuinely just flat out is not that simple. Even windows will throw you off any attempts to access or change files on a shared network. The coordinator would be using very specific, constantly updated and changed networking security, and that stuff is very very hard to break into - for professionals.
Also battlemechs are coded to the neural signals of their pilot. For someone else to plug in can actually cause permanent brain damage. You need to hack the mech's software, get through the passwords and safeguards, scrub the existing pilot links and add your datastored copy of your own. In the lore, adding a pilot's signature to a mech can take anywhere between three or four hours, to three or four days if the correct equipment and fully trained techs aren't present.
So while you're right on some of your stuff, a lot of the rest of it is plain ridiculous, if this thread has any intention of following canon :/

#68 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostXinaoen, on 30 July 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

I told Dal10 in PM's that I don't mind if his character comes across as a bit OP, as long as he doesn't plan on upstaging the rest of the crew. We're all badasses here, after all.

PvP is off the table, though. I don't have a lot of rules, but there'll be no PK on my watch.

So planting a couple of kilos of C-32 underneath the seat of everyones command couch (You know, just incase) is out of the question? *Snaps fingers* Darn.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 30 July 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#69 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostSparks Murphey, on 30 July 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

Though we're still waiting on Vodka's bio

Working on it, but I had to find my vodka first.

#70 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 30 July 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

So planting a couple of kilos of C-32 underneath the seat of everyones command couch (You know, just incase) is out of the question? *Snaps fingers* Darn.

I know, I know. I never let you have any fun.

#71 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostXinaoen, on 30 July 2012 - 02:31 PM, said:

Don't think so. Sorry, dood.

Edit: Whaddaya know? Retractable blades show up on the equipment list for every time period, at least in SSW. They weigh 1.5 tons and take up 2 crits (double that if you want one for each arm). Go ahead, I guess? If it turns out to be anachronistic, we'll just call it a fudge.

Edit 2: Whoops. apparently the weight is variable, based on the weight of the 'Mech. Look it up on the wiki if you need to: http://www.sarna.net...tractable_Blade

I don't personally have any issues with anybody playing the character that he wants to play, but it does sound like a few of your teammates might appreciate it if you toned it down a bit. Do what you want, though.

Take up 2 crits? /confused face
>_>

Edit: Nevermind, I just read it. I feel stupid, but this is what I get for not reading general rules before trying to join. Could I get a link to a list of general rules please?

Edited by Rasengetsu, 30 July 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#72 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Your mech has "Hardpoints" on wich you can install stuff. That´s the deal.

Edited by ChaosGrinder, 30 July 2012 - 02:48 PM.

#73 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Each mech has a certain amount of tonnage it can support the weight of, and a certain amount of space it can fit those tonnes into! So some things like a gauss rifle take 9 slots, because they're huge, and others like a small laser take one, because it's the mech equivalent of a shiv.

View PostXinaoen, on 30 July 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

I know, I know. I never let you have any fun.

You know, I think I'm going to like you.

#74 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Oh and the Frankenmech, is your basic Chameleon it just has some of the high tech gear from the Raven (minus the BAP and TAG) Has the target and tracking system from the Phoenix Hawk, one of the XL enigines that were supposed to be mounted up on one of the newer Marauder configs...

Has 2 med lasers, 1 large laser, 1 SRM6 w/ narc equipted missiles, Narc missile beacon, and Guardian ECM..

#75 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

i will refer to duncan taking over a warhammer in 30 seconds in Star Lord and call it a day on that one. (yes i know that it was because it was an ancient warhammer but i really don't care at this point...) as for the mech i will just say it is occasionally used by instructors as an overseer for training exercises, i got a tech who works on mechs that i am friends with to add me to the list of instructors that have access to it, and lets just say i managed to get a virus that gave me the data onto the coordinators network (though for the record i actually have a part time job where i get paid to try and hack companies' systems. it can be a pain in the *** but is actually easier than one would expect to break into most of the time. people have a tendency to overlook some exploits and other ways in.) i really don't feel like going into this in more detail atm...

Edited by dal10, 30 July 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#76 Corpral ellenbogen

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 38 posts
  • LocationChampion PA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Id be interested if there is any room left. wil post bio asap

#77 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

So he allows instructors to go around in his personal mech? Seems unlikely.
As for Star Lord, I haven't read it, but what I have heard is that it rapes fluff. You'd need to refer to Thom or Sparks who have many more years of BT knowledge than I.

#78 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Okay, my bio is almost done, just a few quick finishing touches which I need to ask you guys for help.
1. Role: I have no idea what we need or what I could put here.
2. Current date as of the start of the RP.
3. Gonna send some PMs to Xinaoen about technical stuff. That means check your box! >B)

#79 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

#80 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I meant precise date, month and day included. If there is one, of course.

Edited by Rasengetsu, 30 July 2012 - 03:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users