736 replies to this topic

#81 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

18:40 local, August 19th, 3044 is the date on the first RP post.

#82 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

[color=#959595] August 19, 3044[/color]

#83 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Oh dang, I totally forgot there was a link to the RP in the first post, my bad.
Wait, I just realized Sparks said he was the last... No spot for me even though I finished my bio... I'll go cry in a corner now. And post my bio anyways, just in case.

Name: Revin "Spike" Keed
Callsign: Reckless
Role: Brawler, Flanker, Mechanician
Date of Birth: November 22nd, 3019
Planet of Birth: Unknown
-Appearance-
Height: 5‘ 6“
Weight: 168 lbs
Body Type: Muscular
Hair Color: Brown
Hair Style: Short & Spiky, 3 day rugged beard
Eye Color: Brown
-Mech-
Mech Class: Assault
Mech Type: BattleMaster Custom "Iron Hyena"
Upgraded to have 15 double heat sinks.
5 Jump Jets added.
SRM Launcher and ammo removed.
Machine guns replaced by a Retractable Blade.
Fortified knee joints.
Spiky Pauldrons.
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/BattleMaster

Background: Revin Keed, more commonly known as "Reckless", and nicknamed "Spike" by people close to him, is an infamous thief, raider and shady businessman. No one actually knows anything concrete about him, other than the fact that he's got near legendary skill in 'Mech tinkering and close combat whether it be with guns or blades, in or out of 'Mechs. One thing people know for sure is he seems to have little if any sense of guilt and will almost always accept a paying job. For some reason, probably personal experience, he always carries 3 combat knives and none of the 'Mechs he's used have ever gone without a Retractable Blade and reinforced spiked knee joints for his machine. His callsign came from the fact that he attempts to make all fights into a close quarters one, and he f***ing loves it.

Keed is greedy person, he'll work as hard as the pay is worth, or even harder if he actually likes the people he's working with or for. He is a manipulative and smooth talking person and doesn't seem to have much of a sense of guilt. He gets the job done efficiently, usually better than what was anticipated, and, although he would rather steal things than work for them, never breaks a contract. He's made a fortune selling stolen 'Mechs along with parts on the black market and tinkering people's machines for a high price. He loves melee combat, so much so that he'd be the kind to bring a knife to a gunfight, but doesn't know any actual style, people have compared his fighting to that of wild beasts, or at least from what the survivors say. He's been known to be nimble in most 'Mechs despite their weight, and skillful in dodging enemy fire. He seems to speak English and French as fluently as if they were both his main languages, but has a slight French accent and favors the language a bit.

He's got some untold history with Sierra, which not many know the details. (There is actually a story, keeping it secret though! :3)

Edited by Rasengetsu, 31 July 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#84 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostRasengetsu, on 30 July 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Oh dang, I totally forgot there was a link to the RP in the first post, my bad.
Wait, I just realized Sparks said he was the last... No spot for me even though I finished my bio... I'll go cry in a corner now. And post my bio anyways, just in case.

Nah, you're in! Sparks was just the last member of the Tombstone Barbershop Quartet - a Mercenary unit that'll be participating in the operation.

#85 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'M IN? *dies of excitement*

*revives of excitement* WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

#86 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Hey, Roguespear - you posted your question in the wrong thread! XD

But yeah, I'm fine with the salvage team.

#87 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

*Cringes with embarassment*
Oops ><
Sorry, post deleted. Thanks Xin!

#88 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Name: Chris Dezene

Callsign: Blackjack

Mech: Custom modded Shadow Hawk SHD-2K minus the LRM 5 for two MLs and a heatsink, to make it ammo independent, as I hate to run out of ammo.

Short bio: Chris is a bit of a wanderer, and a gambler. He has been on the frontier as long as he can remember, and has picked up a few tricks while he was out there. One, was a natural skill, at poker, blackjack, and other card games, he became skilled at bluffs, reading bluffs, and was also very lucky. It was this luck, that won him a pirated Shadow Hawk, as Chris was down a little bit in a game of poker, but on the last hand, he called out to the man across from him, a small time pirate of the 'Shpere, double or nothing, winner takes all. The pirate, confident that he would surely win, agreed, and put up his Shadow Hawk, an SHD-2K without the LRM 5 and in its place, 3 MLs, against Chris's salvage truck, all the equipment he had collected that day, and his services. Chris got 'lucky' and with a hand of an Ace of Spades, and a King of Spades, managed to pull a Royal Flush, against the pirates measly 2 pairs. The two being friends honored the agreement, and Chris even stayed a while so that the mech could be replaced, which it was with an even bigger Black Jack, a mech that they had taken in a raid out in the Periphery (planet name needed). So, his friend in good hands, Chris left with his brother, called Bubba, also his mechanic, to seek out some more work, when he came to wherever we are at now. Chris is decently good in his Shadow Hawk, and his skills with his slug thrower pistol, are not to be joked about, as his biggest motto is, "Having the great hand, is a great idea, but being able to defend your winnings, is a perfect idea," as he has experienced people try to cheat him.

Physical description: A little over 2 meters tall, and right in at 200 pounds lean. Brown hair, brown eyes, and an Ace of Spades tattoo on his left shoulder.

Complete bio:

Born and raised in the Taurian Concordant, Chris recieved most of his 'real' education in the "School of Hard Knocks". He was for the most part from a small family that worked in a tireshop in the big city, and at the age of 6 years was helping around. At the age of 12, he earned half pay in what the hands called On the Job Training, and finally he got to see why his father, was coming home late at night on Saturdays. Every Saturday was Poker night, and all of the workers came in on several makeshift tables, made out of tires and sheets of plywood. Chris caught onto the game fast, and soon began to play, it was not long when he finally started winning. At first he won with sheer luck, as he did not figure out the bluff, but after two years of working and playing poker, he finally got it. At the age of 16, he was one of the best poker players in the shop, and though his mother and father wanted him to stay there for the rest of his life, Chris had other plans. He wanted more, he wanted to see the universe, and to try and do something greater than being just a guy who changes tires. He wanted adventure, danger, and to finally feel alive. He found his answer when a small time merc Corps, Tuarian Raiders, made a resupply run on Taurus, and he joined up with several friends. When asked where he wanted to go, at first he said infantry, because he was too big to fit in a tank, and as such he and his friends would end up fighting pirates along the Taurian Borders. Finally, in their first engagement with battlemechs, Chris lucked out, as he managed to get to one of the doned hulks, a mauled Commando, first. His CO though ordered him to surrendur it, but Chris, thinking on his feet, said that he would play him for, in a game, of poker. Chris easily won, and the agreement was sealed. Clumsy at first, Chris after a few weeks of fooling around with it, managed to be able to fight in the *what seemed like* enourmous beast. A makeshift lance was formed, called the Raider Cavalry, all of which were salvaged mechs. This however was where it took a darker turn, low on contracts, the Raiders turned to banditry and pirating to fill there needs, and Chris, was one of the worst. This would continue for a whole year, when after seeing a small family killed in old blood, Chris wanted out. He left the Raiders and wandered for a short time, finally getting back to Taurus, a whole 6 years later, when he reunited with his little brother, Bubba. Bubba was still at the shop, he and Chris teamed up for a little while, lending their services to other merc groups in the area, for a price.

________TO BE CONTINUED___________________
(must go now, will continue later at home.)

Edited by guardian wolf, 30 July 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#89 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

View Postguardian wolf, on 30 July 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Name: Chris Dezene

Callsign: Blackjack

There he is!

Good to have you on board.

#90 ChaosGrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Now i´m up and running too :3

I´m so happy B)

#91 Xinaoen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 382 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

Update: As of now, I've locked open recruitment while I wait to hear back from people who have standing invites (such as the members of the "Nothing Ever Goes According to Plan" RP thread). The OP has been edited to reflect this. Lemme know if I've forgotten to include anyone who's posted so far, and I'll add you to the list!

#92 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

You know what I'd love? I'd love it if Keed and Mueller knew eachother already. The bio says she likes stealing 'Mechs and selling 'em, my bio says I like selling parts from 'Mechs I stole. >_>

#93 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

First post from Dirk up. Obviously I'm looking for one or more of the remaining Quartet to back him up here B)

#94 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Sorry got sidetracked playing COD while the wife homeschooled our daughter. Will scramble up something of a post shortly.

#95 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

I have something to ask you guys, my 'Mech now has jump jets, would I be able to use those for dashing a short distance?

#96 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

CoD, pah. Play a real game B)
Also, technically yes. You can also jump a distance equal to how many metres it lists, but something I've always wondered is how high can you jump?

#97 Rasengetsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationCanada, Quebec

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Huzzah! I posted something in the RP thread! Also, CoD? REALLY? What the hell, play a REAL game for REAL men. AKA, Barbie Shopping Online Ultimate Edition, duh. Still better than CoD. B)

Edit: Not serious, by the way, CoD is pretty decent but the legion of yelling kiddies is horrible.

Edited by Rasengetsu, 30 July 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#98 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

Rest of bio coming soon. Nearly home.

#99 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

*shrugs* It's what I got.

Okay question. In Rogue's post there were two doormen, who didn't let him in. In the very next post Rasen knifed and beat on one guard. So is there more than one entrance? I'm guessing so.

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 30 July 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#100 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Finally, someone who causes more trouble than Jack...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users