• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 17 August 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

It'll look right when I'm done.

All i needed to know ;)
keep up the good work.

Edited by Skadi, 17 August 2012 - 08:57 PM.

#82 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 17 August 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

It'll look right when I'm done.

Ha! That's pretty awesome. Wait a bit longer and I'll post clear background PNGs of the completed model.

Right, it took me quite a while to block out the shape of the lower leg. At least it wasn't such a stopping point as the upper half. I tried a few different designs, but most of all I wanted to avoid a direct build of either the Tomahawk or the Warhammer. So I did what I could to blend them (and even threw in a little WHM IIc).

First is the basic shapes after I rounded the edges.

And then refining the shape and adding surface details. Though it looks like Vacu-Suck 3000!

Then added them to the rest of the body. A bit of adjustments to properly match the scale and a half hour render later.
Posted Image

All that's left now are the feet!

The modeling is amazing. I loved the details and the torso/head.

But I'm finding the lower arms (PPCs) way too big and the legs too large for the torso. IMHO, if you follow more the unseen proportions, the mech would be much better (the reseen Warhammer is deformed and ugly as hell).

#83 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Also the SRM missiles can't be that big. Do the math: this mech has 90 SRMs inside the right torso (in just one critical).

Edited by Odanan, 18 August 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#84 Logrey

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Awesome work! only thing i would suggest is , this IS the future... i would like to imagine that a simple thing like a spotlight could be just a fiber optic feed off the fusion reactor(it is a tiny sun..). so say two optic eyes, a 1/4 of the existing one, mounted on each shoulder for full 360 lighting or dual beans at a single target.

#85 Archerko

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostOdanan, on 18 August 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Also the SRM missiles can't be that big. Do the math: this mech has 90 SRMs inside the right torso (in just one critical).

They are on the original versions, and have you seen the Yeoman? :huh:

#86 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

View PostLogrey, on 18 August 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

Awesome work! only thing i would suggest is , this IS the future... i would like to imagine that a simple thing like a spotlight could be just a fiber optic feed off the fusion reactor(it is a tiny sun..). so say two optic eyes, a 1/4 of the existing one, mounted on each shoulder for full 360 lighting or dual beans at a single target.

The optics makes sense, but more on Star League and Clan designs. In the barely functional tech world of Battletech (pre-Clan BT anyhow) heavy energy fiber optics are a lost science (literally... the fluff for the Zeus points out how it is the only mech still produced that uses fiber ptics in it's large laser), and durable, simple and easy to fix and replace is the name of the game fo rstuff like that. Heck, look at the fire control computers on the US NAvy's Aegis cruisers..... the stuff is mostly running hardware fromt he 1970s still... because it's tough and dependable and does the job.

Same concept here (and of course, the original has a large spot, so it would not be very true to the original if it did not)

#87 BagOfMeat

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

its a dam good looking mech well done . . .

you looking to work for piranha ? :huh:

Edited by BagOfMeat, 19 August 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#88 Logrey

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 August 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

The optics makes sense, but more on Star League and Clan designs. In the barely functional tech world of Battletech (pre-Clan BT anyhow) heavy energy fiber optics are a lost science (literally... the fluff for the Zeus points out how it is the only mech still produced that uses fiber ptics in it's large laser), and durable, simple and easy to fix and replace is the name of the game fo rstuff like that. Heck, look at the fire control computers on the US NAvy's Aegis cruisers..... the stuff is mostly running hardware fromt he 1970s still... because it's tough and dependable and does the job.

Same concept here (and of course, the original has a large spot, so it would not be very true to the original if it did not)

Makes sense. plus, now that i think about it - a bulb and housing is peanuts in cost compared to even the cheapest fiber.

good call

#89 Deckard2

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

looking great to me :P

Edited by Deckard2, 19 August 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#90 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:38 AM

Alright boys and girls! Apart from some minor adjustments, I'd say this model is done!

Apart from continuing my style fusion into the foot, I also did some detailing on the rear of the lower leg. I then modified the PPC housing (removed a piece) to bring the arm weapons closer to the body.

Thanks for watching this thread! I really appreciate all of the comments, suggestions, and discussion on the size of short-ranged missiles. *grins*

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally, a pose test to show off all of the points of articulation.
Posted Image

#91 XTRMNTR2K

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:58 AM

I'm amazed how much of a difference your last changes to the PPC alignment made. At first I was skeptical about the way the lower arms are mounted to the outside, but the result is simply stunning!

Well done. I know a tiny little bit about modelling, so I can roughly imagine how much work this project was. I'd say it was well worth the hard work, though. :P

Edited by XTRMNTR2K, 20 August 2012 - 02:58 AM.

#92 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:06 AM

Awesome Job!!! :P

#93 MikeMurdock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 73 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7. residental district

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

you did a really good job with the warhammer. It feels like the classic only with a update for this generation. the articulation in the model is perfect as well :)

Edited by MikeMurdock, 20 August 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#94 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 20 August 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

Alright boys and girls! Apart from some minor adjustments, I'd say this model is done!

Apart from continuing my style fusion into the foot, I also did some detailing on the rear of the lower leg. I then modified the PPC housing (removed a piece) to bring the arm weapons closer to the body.

Thanks for watching this thread! I really appreciate all of the comments, suggestions, and discussion on the size of short-ranged missiles. *grins*

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally, a pose test to show off all of the points of articulation.
Posted Image

Terrific job!

#95 William Chase Davion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

It looks great.

#96 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

Outstanding!

#97 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:24 AM

Awesome! Now PGI has no excuse to leave it out of the game, right? Right? Yeah. :D

#98 BuddyBoombox

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Now all you need to do is export it to a 3d resin printer and I'll pay you money for it!

#99 Peace Possum

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 56 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC, USA, Terra

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

Sorry to bump this, but for the love of god please license this design to Catalyst and PGI. It would do so much for so many fans.

#100 Celesteel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

simply magnificent!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users