• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hmmm... so many choices.
I love variety, but if I had to choose just one my choices would be:

IS: Stalker
Durable, versatile and reliable. And I actually like its sturdy looks a lot too. Will definetly be my first assault to buy in MWO.
Clan: Summoner/Thor
Very agile 70 tonner with balanced loadouts and can be customized for almost every role. Like the looks too.

#162 Ach

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

Thor and Atlas are my two favourites.

I like the in your face brawler types.

#163 Tomtricity

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Victor. Moved 4, had jump jets and an AC 20. And at 80 tons could still take a little bit of a beating.

Posted Image

#164 Lucidreality

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

Stone Rhino.

Why? Well this 100 ton behemoth was so expensive to build that commanders did not use them cause they couldnt afford to lose one! 18 Tons of armor, Jumpjets capable of propelling it 90 meters, and a top speed of 54 kph. Top that all off with a fearsom array of weapons (detailed below).

The design featured Large Pulse Lasers in each arm, twin Gauss Rifles in the torsos fired through the dorsal barrel, and an almost superfluous Small Pulse Laser located just below the cockpit. The Stone Rhino also sported an interesting feature; each arm contained a retractable, shock-absorbing cowl covering the weapon barrels. This allowed MechWarriors to use the arms as battering rams without damaging the weaponry.

And last but not least, It just looks so badass. I want to rub it all over my body.

Posted Image

Edited by Lucidreality, 25 July 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#165 Cyntari

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Sunder. So versatile and nice armor.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sunder

Posted Image

#166 JudgePunisher

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Hi!

My favorite is the Timber Wolf (and yes, Timber Wolf is the correct clan's name). Nice balance of Weight and Power... you can get some nice custom versions from this one

#167 Th3 James

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Catapult.

#168 Wydell

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Kit Fox. Able to inflict a surprising amount of damage in hit and run tactics, and has a variant for nearly any situation.
Posted Image

Also, I really like the Fafnir. If you are going to bring firepower, bring as much as you can.

Posted Image

#169 Vanessaira

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

My favorite big mech has always been the Viking. Often neglected and never thought about. Its LRMs will make you think twice before ignoring it...
Posted Image

I also have to say that I also love the Firemoth/Dasher. Another favorite of mine.

Posted Image

#170 The God of Hell

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHell, NC, USA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

The Summoner / Thor.

Posted Image

My original choice would be the Hellspawn, given its balance of speed, armor and firepower, but I feel the Summoner is basically a much larger Hellspawn. It's a omnimech, it has a top speed of 86.4km/h, it has jump jets standard and it can equip a barrage of weapons. The Prime model even comes with my favorite type of weapon, a LB-X AC, as well as LRMs. Quick enough to outmaneuver most mechs, armed to engage targets long range and obliterate in close range, and with a decent 9.5 tons of armor, the Summoner is my favorite all-around. I hope they put it in if / when they include Clan mechs in the game.

The closest thing to the Summoner that is currently confirmed to be in the game is the Dragon. And while I think I will greatly enjoy using it, it is not my favorite confirmed MWO mech. That award goes to the Cicada.

Posted Image

A medium mech, not a light mech mind you, that can go 129.6km/h. The extra tonnage allows for more armor (6.5 tons or more on some models), as well as larger weapons such as the Ultra A/C-5 and the Heavy PPC. It may even be possible to add jump jets, allowing it to fully surpass the Jenner. With heavy enough weapons to wake up an Atlas and fast enough to escape before it even knows what hit it, I can already tell the Cicada (which I will call Abaddon, after the king of an army of locusts mentioned in Revelations) is going to be the mech for me.

#171 Hidran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 131 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

The cougar. Since I almost finished the solaris VII colloseum championship with it. (but the last daishi always gets me!) It is the BEST light mech.

#172 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

MAULER! CAUSE ITS JUST FRICKIN AWESOME!

#173 Brian Pryde

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:13 PM

Normally asking me to pick a single Mech as my one favorite would be an impossible task, since I love so many, but looking back over the one that I keep using over and over again, I would have to say the Rifleman in many incarnations has always been my best and favorite Mech.
Especially my modified Rifleman IIC
Posted Image

Edited by Brian Pryde, 15 August 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#174 DDTT4

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

i like the annihilator. it was my first 100 ton assault mech in mechwarrior 3 (my first mechwarrior game) Posted Image

#175 xRatas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

Destroid Tomahawk (WHM-6R)

This was the one I used through the first Mechwarrior game. And it looks like it means business. Too bad it became unseen.

Posted Image

Edited by xRatas, 15 August 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#176 Dragunz Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Have to say the BZK-F3 Hollander!!!
Posted Image

How can you NOT love a light mech with a freekin GAUSS CANNON!!!! I always had one of these in my lances just because of the shock value of them taking THAT much damage from a LIGHT mech...lol. Yes it had very little armor, and was not fast enough to run down other light mechs, but its got a GAUSS CANNON!!!

#177 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostBrian Pryde, on 15 August 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Normally asking me to pick a single Mech as my one favorite would be an impossible task, since I love so many, but looking back over the one that I keep using over and over again, I would have to say the Rifleman in many incarnations has always been my best and favorite Mech.
Especially my modified Rifleman IIC
Posted Image

Hmmm... what about the Rifleman featured in the Japanese release of BattleTech (where, as it happens, the 'Mech designs were done by Studio Nue, creators of Macross and the original Unseen artwork)? :)

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

#178 Dimuborg

Rookie

• Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationON a small rock in a middle of ocean..

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

View PostKodiak Jorgensson, on 09 January 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

soo many choices.

Posted Image

of all time, it has to be the Warhawk. 85ton clan omni mech, 4 ERPPC LRM10 + targeting computer 20 double heat sinks 340 XL fusuion engine gives ti 64.6 KPH.and 13.5 tons ferro fibrous. dislikes the MW4 re-design.

totally agree - is my favourite since MW2

Edited by Dimuborg, 16 August 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#179 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 697 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

I'd have to say the Daishi/Dire Wolf. I know I know its huge. But I made the perfect weapons loadout for it in Mech 4. 4 ER med lasers, 2 ER large lasers, 2 LB-20x autocannons. A few cycles of these weapons brings down any mech.

#180 Sgt Pilsung

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

trebuchet, good long range weapons and good up close weapons.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users