173 replies to this topic

#1 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

Several come to mind depending on what role it's playing and being a light/med lover it's difficult to just say one in particular lol. I'll just list my favorite favs...javelin, spider, ostscout, valkyrie and panther.

#2 Ariemeth

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

This is a tough one. I don't think I could pin it down to only one light mech. It would be a toss up between the Commando 2D or the Panther 9R. These mechs always appealed to me and I have used them extensively in TT. This is of course not considering the non-existent LAMs.

#3 Vulpesveritas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Ocelot, Mist Lynx, Incubus, Fire Moth, and Kit Fox for me. My top choice is Kit Fox though.

#4 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

What about one of the Marik designs. Flee, the Flea is coming! ;)

#5 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

I would say Puma, unless I'm doing a scout mission for the Lyran Commonwealth, then it would be the Zeus.

#6 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Light Mech? What's a light mech? You mean battle armor? If so then, Commando.

#7 Snark

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

Uller all the way ;)

#8 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

I like the COugar and Uller.....though isnt the KitFox the uller? In every game but MW2 the Uller has a torso twist, it was a real shocker when I went into MW2 awhile back in the CJF trial mission and tried to torso twist and was met with nothing......I suddenly realized the I didnt like that mech....

I kinda like the Puma, for its looks anyway and the 2 PPCs is always a nice touch. A Light with firepowah! cant ever go wrong there.

#9 Lovegeometry

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well in the beginning when there was only about 10 mechs the Locust was my bread winner (tons to damage it was the perfered), but when I was introduced to the Jenner, and took away that SRM4 for more heatsinks, that was a beautiful mech. witha Walk of 7 and a run of 11, firing medium lasers into the firefight with good heat management and no ammo to worry about. Liked that I coudl always makeit move far enough were I woudl get the +3 to hit modifier vs my +1 for walking or +2 for running. and then there was a few token jump jets to get you out of trouble. By far supper nice. But if I had to pilot one into combat then the Marauder or the Awesome could not just give it out at range but also take some hits to boot.

#10 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

I have said it before, and I will say it again: the Clan Fire Moth.

#11 Kobol

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

JVN-11a Fire Javelin.

#12 Datum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

I've got a bit of love for the Wasp recently.
It's tiny, slow, and undergunned, but can be remarkably useful against other lights in the hands of a decent pilot.

#13 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

Wolfhound, Valkyrie, Jenner, Javelin - I've used all 4 in a scout lance before on the table-top and they are killer.

#14 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

without a timeline or house restriction being involved in the decision i would have to say owens. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Owens. gonna want to swap some stuff out for some jumpjets tho

Edited by Geist Null, 07 January 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#15 John Talbert

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

hands down it was the mongoose thought i did enjoy using the commando also. fyi i'm basing this off playing table top. mongoose was never in a mechwarrior game and i believe was comstar.

Edited by John Talbert, 07 January 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#16 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

ya i was gonna add in the OP that it was in this games timeline but forgot, but it's still the same idea

#17 Soturi05

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

never really piloted light mechs but if i were to i would probably pilot a Panther as it is usefull for direct fire support and possibly hit and fade tactics even though it is rather slow for its weight class.

#18 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

This really is contingent on whether you're counting Clan omnimech designs (and what period you're talking about). Obviously, Clan light omnimechs are superior in most ways to their IS counterparts, even though they have the battle values of IS mechs twice their size.

For my money, the IS Specter is an impressive mech, and the Jenner has a great balance of speed and firepower. The Clan Puma and Cougar omnimechs are both pretty amazing. Its hard to beat the pure damage potential of a light mech with two PPCs.

My favorite though? The Wolfhound.

#19 Ratt Tzu

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:06 PM

Unfortunately my Mech experience stopped at Mech4 merc's. But then it is the cougar all the way. I love the solaris fights (Duncan Fisher for Prez!).

#20 Vincent J Magnum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 131 posts
  • LocationRegulus

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:48 AM

only light I piloted on Solaris was a Jenner. Was "schooled" to many times by their firepower and manuverability. As for Clan mechs Id say the Cougar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users