My lil jingle:
Guinness Harp Smithwicks
Heineken Pilsner Urquell
Microbrewed IPA
PBR or some swill

Anyway;
Current go-to beer: Smithwicks
Favorite: Berliner Pilsner
What's in-hand?: Heineken (Ugh, but it was an Xmas gift from my new landlord so that is pretty cool)

What are you beers of choice fellow BT/MW beer drinkers

/Damo

#2 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

I'm drinking Trippel - a triple-fermented, Abby-style ale from New Belgium Brewery, the guys who also make Fat Tire. I prefer the Trippel because I like the maltiness and the yeast-forward flavor, and I'm very sensitive to hops. I do enjoy a good IPA, but my head will thump the next day if I get too hopped up.

#3 almighty_bungholio

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Zywiec, Black Boss, Okocim, Guiness, Sam Adams, and when I feel like channeling the nerd, rolling rock

#4 OnLashoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:38 PM

Blue Moon, Rolling Rock, Twisted Tea, Miller Lite.

#5 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

My current favorite is Newcastle, I also enjoy Becks and Heinekin (sp?). At the moment I'm having rum and coke while I'm blowing **** up on MW4.

#6 devangelis

• PipPip
  • Heishi
  • Heishi
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:50 PM

I drink coors light 24 oz cans ghetto style.

#7 Brenden

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

The Autocannon - a bear so strong it makes you feel like you were shot shot in the face by an AC/15, and that doesn't even exist (yet).

#8 Tweaks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 959 posts
  • LocationLaval, Quebec, Canada

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

I love good tasty and spicy beer, not that crappy American crap that tastes like water... I generally prefer local micro breweries brands (we have a ton of great ones in Quebec), but otherwise, I have a knack for Irish beers.

Notably...

Spoiler

...and...

Spoiler

Edited by Tweaks, 11 December 2011 - 09:04 PM.

#9 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

A lot of it depends on the situation. If I'm drinking to enjoy a beer then I usually go with the Newcastle. If I'm looking to get drunk quick with friends then my water-down American pallette prefers Miller Lite or Coors Lite. If I'm out on the lake and want a quick buzz I get the cheapest **** beer that I can drink quickly, like a 24 of Natty Lite that's not going to weigh heavy on my stomach.

#10 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

Ah my kind of thread! Currently Moose Drool, Guiness, Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, Chimay, Black Butte proter and Red stripe

#11 Grotonomus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 367 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMorningside, Pandora OA, Tamar March, Lyran Space, Federated Commonwealth

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

Schell's Dark & Paulaner Salvator Dopple Bock................Love me some dark and strong German beers.

#12 Blackfire1

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:30 PM

I'm a big fan of Ayinger Celebrator Dopplebock, Belgian quads, and on a light occasions Belgian white ales (blue moon if I want to go cheap). I tend to shift towards lagers more then ales. Samual Adams does make a nice brew every once in awhile. But they've always been hit or miss with me.

There was this imperial stout I tried back in Michigan called "dark lord" It was from an Indiana company that I don't know if is even still around. Hand bottled. It was yummmy but thick, black, almost evil. lol Rich in vanilla, chocolate cherry, and something else I couldn't pick up.

For those who want to learn more of beer here is a great review site: http://beeradvocate.com

#13 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

Düsseldorfer Altbier! (Füchschen, Schumacher, Frankenheim Alt, Diebels Alt, Schlösser)
What else! :P

Edited by The_Birdeater, 11 December 2011 - 11:58 PM.

#14 Mindwiper

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:26 AM

From my hometown brewery:

Hasseröder Premium Pils
Hasseröder Schwarz

When in an English Pub:

Guinnes

#15 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:30 AM

I drink Trappistes Rochefort 10. It's an Ale made in Abbaye St. Remy, Rochefort, Belgium by monks. It's very deep and rich with a hint of caramel. Alcoholic Volume 11.3%. Win! Seems to be a lot of people here who like to drink Guinness or other Irish porters. Basically, I'd suggest looking up the Porterhouse Plain. It's an amazing porter, and well, the awards it has pretty much back this up. This is the only Irish owned brewer in the Republic. If your ever been to the Porterhouse, you'll know what I'm talking about, if not, and your in Dublin, get your arse in there. Another really nice stout, for a bit of fun, is Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, it's rather yummy. There is another stout I've tried before called 'Black Sheep' or something, it was some years ago, and it's only sold in casks. It was seriously good. It's available in Wales somewhere or other.

Edited by John Clavell, 12 December 2011 - 12:45 AM.

#16 benefedaykin

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationEarth... possibly

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:37 AM

In the UK: Whatever the local pubs got on handpump. Any other CAMRA members here by the way?

In the US: Some of the great microbrew stuff that's coming out now. In particular, I'm loving the stuff from Stone and Dogfish Head

Also, my mate Dave's got a sweet homebrew setup and I usually get to imbibe a few of his creations every month or so.

EDIT: My favorite beer that I've tried so far (both on tap and bottled) is Straw Dog by Wolf's Brewery in Norfolk, England. I actually went so far as to visit the brewery myself and pick up a case XD

Edited by benefedaykin, 12 December 2011 - 12:45 AM.

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

Killian's Irish Red.

Or when I'm in the area
ButtHead Amber Ale from the Ram in Indianapolis!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 12 December 2011 - 09:51 AM.

#18 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:16 AM

Beer?

#19 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

Yeah, Beer.

Nice responses so far, see a lot of beers that I enjoy and a few that I should probably try out.

Czechvar and Weihenstephaner are a couple more favorites, but can be hard to find.

Rainier and Olympia are my local PBR equivalents and not too bad for their price.
Red Hook is probably one of the more enjoyable local brews

Cheers! Prost! Salud, Sláinte, Na zdraví

#20 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

most of the ppl here are Americans, so I doubt they will ever get a hand on my fav brands anyway, even doubt my fellow germans would.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users