Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PosteXecute, on 21 January 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Posted Image Thats the first BT game I ever played..... Was in the 90's before PS even was out. MW3 for PC in 2003 is when I got into MW/BT even more.

That is awsome!

#82 Razor Kotovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 754 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussian Death Legion, Golden Lion lance lieutenant

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostOmigir, on 08 January 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

and finaly, games dont get nurfed becuase consoles are incapable

Graphics wise a PS3 can keep up with most PC's
Remember how Crysis 2 (city) looks worse than Crysis 1 (equatorial jungle)?
Scene complexity in the first one is so much higher i doubt it is possible to port it on currentgen consoles via CryEngine 3.

PC has immensely much more raw computing power than PS3. Always had since Wolfdale, DDR3 and G92 hit the shelves.
The only technological advantage consoles have comes from their consistency which makes it easy to optimize applications.

Edited by Razor Kotovsky, 21 January 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#83 Omigir

Can I have a hug? :(

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationVa

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

View PostRazor Kotovsky, on 21 January 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

Remember how Crysis 2 (city) looks worse than Crysis 1 (equatorial jungle)? Scene complexity in the first one is so much higher i doubt it is possible to port it on currentgen consoles via CryEngine 3. PC has immensely much more raw computing power than PS3. Always had since Wolfdale, DDR3 and G92 hit the shelves. The only technological advantage consoles have comes from their consistency which makes it easy to optimize applications.

Granted, but how much does that cost compaired to a XBox or PS3? and, is it hard to reduce overal all graphics from what a high end computer can do, down to what an xbox can do? Ontop of that If you on your pc can have your fancy graphics, can I on my xbox not have the 'lesser' graphics but the joy in my heart knowing I didnt have to shell out an aditonal $6,000 for a new computer.

#84 Razor Kotovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 754 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussian Death Legion, Golden Lion lance lieutenant

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

It's all nice and dandy but the least i personally don't want to see dumbing of the mechanics down to suit gamepads.
Besides CryEngine3 got massive physics system that can extend mechanics far beyond the levels of past MWs but may be just too much for currentgen.

WoT is mindblowingly successful even though it's mechanics, gameplay and customization are inferior even to MW3 and a lot of people leave after they get bored of the grind.

Most console owners that would be interested in MWO, no doubt, also have a PC. So why spread it if you can focus on one dominant platform that also provides best versatility for development?
Not to mention that there is yet to be a game that allows both PC and console players to fight each other.

View Poststatler, on 20 January 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

i would love it on xbox almost just cuz of community functions.
Check out BF3's battlelog. It's basically a battlebook.

Edited by Razor Kotovsky, 21 January 2012 - 04:54 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users