#1241 Ironhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

View PostKaemon, on 02 March 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

So I went through this entire thread last night (yes I was working...yes...I was bored).

And I thought, dang man I wish there was an easier way to view all of these repaints.

So I created one (I'm trying to fix the by:mwo.kaemon issue, but Flickr blows, everyone who made a repaint is listed on there, if I missed anyone or have the wrong person let me know).

This is not to direct attention anywhere else (it's the longest running thread in the forums) but just for a way to people to quickly find repaints they like without going through 62 pages of forum posts.

If people have major issues with it, PM me and I'll send it up as a group in Flickr (that might be better, as the batch file I wrote to upload this had serious issues dealing with the quoting pics, especially when people removed the quote frames).

:)

Also...it makes a killer slide show for your second monitor!

http://www.flickr.co...132114502/show/

It would be cool if PGI could open up a community library with a repainted art section. That's where it'd all belong I think.

#1242 Kaemon

• 1,924 posts
  • LocationMN

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 02 March 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

It would be cool if PGI could open up a community library with a repainted art section. That's where it'd all belong I think.

Agreed, maybe Garth or Kyle could whip something up.

#1243 Larry Headrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostIronhawk, on 02 March 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

Hayden's work is outstanding as always. The problem with the re-edits over time on such a long thread is that we don't go back a few pages over time to see them. Thanks for quoting it Hartsblade.

To avoid the same problem, I am posting here my teaser trailer Atlas re-edition. A few details have been changed. Mud added on feet. AC details corrected. Missile side rack removed (was a hell of a job to remove 'cause it was screwed solid and the attach rail inside was full of grease :) )

EDIT: Added final version at the bottom of this post). LRM problem fixed. Facial neon lighting corrected and faceplates altered slightly for a closer resemblance to the trailer. There. All systems nominal.

Posted Image

Final version:

Posted Image

beautiful just beautiful. I love Death Metal.

#1244 Max OConnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

I know its not FD art but what can you Photoshop geniuses do with this pic? I took time to armor plate the original line art and tried to color it as best I can but obviously nowhere near the quality you guys have shown.

Posted Image

#1245 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

View PostGrafvitnir, on 22 February 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

Request: A non-canon Dragon 'Mech for my pilot.

FRR insignia, GRAFVITNIR written somewhere on it.
A Valnott (http://www.sunnyway....nes/valknot.gif) and an Aegishjalmur (http://upload.wikime...shjalmr.svg.png, http://www.thebigide...protection2.jpg) on it as well would be awesome.

As for the colours themselves, I'm thinking heraldric blue and yellow on most of it, checks, chevrons, quarters or whatever you fancy, with dark Khaki or Olive Drab on the less important areas; a single band of tartan around the upper arm or thigh would be great for reflecting my old-days RP character's partial Northwind and Skye heritage as well.
Inspiration: (http://2.bp.blogspot...ellow+check.jpg, http://images.suprem...-1?$mainshot-2$)

In the RP backstory for Gravfitnir, the 'Mech also has various small runes hand-painted on it's feet and shins by local villagers during it's 'retirement' on a backwater planet after my father was injured in the Ronin Wars. Runes of protection and gratitude for helping raise barns, fell trees, and basically acting like a glorified IndustrialMech until Graaf was old enough to pilot it and leave to join the KungsArme.
Here are some sample runes if you want to do the little details: (http://www.sunnyway....es/warrior.html, http://img1.liveinte..._myth_runes.jpg)

Many thanks for helping a sentimental roleplayer bring his 'Mech to life; whatever you come up with will be great if it's as professional-looking as your stuff so far!

Unveiling of your Dragon repaint art below. Enjoy!

Posted Image

#1246 HIemfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

I am not sure how easily done this request could be but I am going to throw it out there. A Commando with the right arm SRM 4 replaced with a large laser and the center torso SRM 6 with a pair of medium lasers (the COM-2D is a death trap with it's ammunition distribution). I would like the mech to have a paint scheme simmilar to the Swamp Camo Icon from Camo Specs (shown).
Posted Image

I am thinking that if it ends up allowed in game that this will be my 'mech.

#1247 Grafvitnir

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Many thanks Ironhawk! A beautiful interpretation. It is wonderful seeing Graaf's baby come to life!

#1248 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Colleagues,

Continuing to tick off items on my backlog list. A template 'a la Hayden' was promised for the modified Centurion model for the Yen Lo Wang repaint I did at the end of January. Here it is for your enjoyment, along with its custom Coliseum background (with the flare removed so you can position your stadium spotlights as you see fit.)

Clicking here will download Yen Lo Wang .psd template

Thanks.

#1249 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 03 March 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

Unveiling of your Dragon repaint art below. Enjoy!

Posted Image

Very nicely done!

#1250 Reinhardt Drescher

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

great work all 'round, I'll have to see about thieving some of your designs once I've got a mech to rattlecan

#1251 iGrok

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

Read through this thread for close to 8 straight hours. Then had to recreate my old unit, the Men At Work. I'll have to see if anyone from the old unit is still around...

Thanks to Alex and Hayden for the template ^^.

The Men at Work was nothing more than a battalion of friends loosely associated with the FWL (our CO favored contracts from them over any other house for whatever reason). Rather than keep track of kills with silhouettes, we kept track with hammers. Paint scheme was traditional construction colors, but flipped - dark grey with orange accents - because we focused on destruction not construction. It was the little things like that that really sucked me in when I joined this unit. If custom skins ever become legal, expect the Men At Work to make a reappearance!

Posted Image

#1252 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostiGrok, on 04 March 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Read through this thread for close to 8 straight hours. Then had to recreate my old unit, the Men At Work. I'll have to see if anyone from the old unit is still around...

Thanks to Alex and Hayden for the template ^^.

The Men at Work was nothing more than a battalion of friends loosely associated with the FWL (our CO favored contracts from them over any other house for whatever reason). Rather than keep track of kills with silhouettes, we kept track with hammers. Paint scheme was traditional construction colors, but flipped - dark grey with orange accents - because we focused on destruction not construction. It was the little things like that that really sucked me in when I joined this unit. If custom skins ever become legal, expect the Men At Work to make a reappearance!

Posted Image

Great 1st post!

#1253 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

Sharing the template for MW:O's Teaser Trailer Atlas model. Original template by Hayden (of course!) Template was substantially modified for the new 'Mech model's alterations and also with some touch ups. Just like Catapults at one time, this should offer a variant to the original Atlas concept. Due credit has been provided for the various artists, including Hayden, FD and PGI on the background image. Enjoy!

Clicking here will download the MW:O teaser trailer .psd repaint template file.

#1254 iGrok

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

3rd Lyran Royal Guards scout, reporting for duty!

Unlike the rest of the Royal Guards, the 3rd Royals are an active fighting command. So instead of flat blue, I gave him a bit of Steiner Multicam! It might not be much use in actual combat, but the 3rd takes pride in being the "Active" Guards. Prior to 3057, their opponents are almost always Kurita forces, so there's a nod to that as well. Right over his heart ^^

Insignias: Lyran Commonwealth, Lyran Royal Guards, 3rd Royals

Posted Image

Never been a fan of the traditional Free Worlds Guards paint scheme. The purple and white checks never work. But I saw a model of a sectioned two-tone scheme that I had to do! There isn't enough FWL love in this thread.

The 1st Free Worlds Guards are the premier fighting unit of the Free Worlds League.
EDIT: Fixed FWG Insignia

Posted Image

EDIT: Time for a Davion Mech. Specifically, a Centurion from the 7th Crucis Lancers, 1st Battalion, 1st Company (McKinnon's Company), also known as The Fox's Teeth. This is the unit that stopped an assassination of Hanse Davion and are rumored to have assassinated Minoru Kurita. This particular mech isn't as shiny as the above ones. I wanted it to look like it's actually been fighting!

Posted Image

Also, seems like I'm getting compression issues when I upload. Any tips to fix this?

Edited by iGrok, 05 March 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#1255 Darknstormy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:55 AM

Posted Image

#1256 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:15 AM

This one wasn't actually done by me, it was done by one of my fellow Skjaldborg members, Orcinus.

Still, he deserves some credit here for this awesome artwork. :)

Below: My personal Jenner paintjob, 2nd Drakjargare. Mech name, Amai Sakura. (name is the Japanese characters on the center torso)

Posted Image

#1257 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Pffff, no mention that he actually used my repaint as the base huh? I see how it is!

To the latrines with you! :)

#1258 Hartsblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostDarknstormy, on 05 March 2012 - 01:55 AM, said:

Posted Image

Very nicely done.

#1259 Siilk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Posted Image

Lots and lots of excellent camos and paintjobs! I hope devs are taking notes. :)

#1260 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Delivering order for Bluey. Enjoy!

Assignment as stated by requestor:
===========================
Centurion ;

#2A2A2A Trim color
#00FF01 Cocpit Lenses and quipment
#2511A8 Primery color *COULD BE A DARKER SHADE ON IT*
#EDEDED Secondery color

http://th08.devianta...olf-d3h9qqo.png
As emblem

number "27" and on shield there will be 6 slashes and a line *like 7 mechs ve been killed by it* in white color

Artist's note:
==========
- Since secondary color was used for the shield to highlight the logo's howling blue wolf, the 7 kills are in dark gray color. Logo orientation on shield was done with respect to attack position vs. at rest position shown on concept art picture.
- Limited the lime green to cockpit

Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook