7732 replies to this topic

#3421 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:18 PM

Any chance someone could make this:

Posted Image

For the Cataphract. Based on Ceasar CES-3R. New Belt Pirates. Black and Dark blue with stellar (star) patterns.

"The group's crest is a skull set on a circular black field, wearing a crown of gold and rubies. A thick band of stars crosses the field behind the skull."

Edited by General Taskeen, 27 November 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#3422 lithu

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Posted Image

#3423 glycerin

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX, USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

hahaha JK (EDITED)

Edited by glycerin, 27 November 2012 - 02:10 PM.

#3424 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I've been out of the loop due to RL issues (bad ones,) but...

I can’t talk about Visual Customization without giving props to Mark Hayden, aka Hayden on the forums. Mark has been customizing Mech patterns on our concept art since the beginning and now he works on the game! So if you want an idea of the kinds of skins are going to be in your future take a look at this thread. http://mwomercs.com/...ed-concept-art/ We are extremely proud that Mark has decided to join our team to give you guys the best options for customization.

All the best for you Hayden, now and in the future. Never thought you'd be directly mentioned in patch notes, eh? Who better?

#3425 JorDash

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHomer, Alaska

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

View PostThor Gerwulf, on 27 November 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Here is my try at a USMC Dress Blues Canturion

Posted Image

That is freaking Awesome. Damn good job. Thank you

#3426 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

I couldn't find nor care to look for the like button, regardless... these pictures tell me everything I need to know about the future of MWO.

TY

#3427 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 27 November 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

All the best for you Hayden, now and in the future. Never thought you'd be directly mentioned in patch notes, eh?

I didn't expect it, but I'll take it. That said, I need to give props to Gabe Kessler, Alex Iglesias and the rest of the art team, because without them I wouldn't have any assets to work with. Also to the people above who decided to give me a shot.

A big thanks to everyone on the forums and the broader community as well: without your support I might not have come quite so far.

#3428 Zuesacoatl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

View PostTristan Arc, on 19 November 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Thank you, both. :) I'm finding that half the fun of these is looking into each unit.

I'm loving all the new repaints everyone's doing, and I'm glad to see some new people taking more shots at it. :)

Next up, I submit a Centurion (I just love the 'Mech!) from the 1st Fronc Cuirassiers. Thank you to Ironhawk for the awesome insignia design. I found the unit randomly on Camospecs, and wanted to take a shot at it as soon as I saw it. :rolleyes: I'm not feeling that it's fully done, while I'm not sure what else to do with it at the same time. I'll likely come back to it in the near future.

Posted Image

Reminds me of CLU from tron lol, I like it.

#3429 AlanEsh

• The Bludgeon
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

View PostIronhawk, on 19 November 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

That is a thing of absolute beauty.

#3430 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLyran Sector, Planet: Canal, Primary Base HQ

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:14 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 28 November 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

Reminds me of CLU from tron lol, I like it.

true, but more like Noisy Boy.. :angry:

Posted Image

#3431 Thor Gerwulf

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

View PostJorDash, on 23 November 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

First I'd like to say thank you for all the work you all have done on these repaints. They are just full of goodness. I spent my entire day yesterday going thru this epic post. :angry:
Second if anybody is still doing requests I'd like to ask for two. The first being a Catapult(not the K2) in the Flying tigers motif. Here is a link for what I'm talking about.
https://www.google.c...iw=1152&bih=703
The second being a Centurion or Highlander in USMC Dress Blues.
A link for that. http://www.marcorsys...form_plates.htm
Thank you in advanced

Here is my atempt at the Flying Tigers Cat

Posted Image

#3432 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

View PostThor Gerwulf, on 27 November 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

Here is my try at a USMC Dress Blues Canturion

Posted Image

I'm gonna have to find the colors to just top make this happen in game now lol. Semper Fi!

#3433 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostHayden, on 28 November 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

I didn't expect it, but I'll take it. That said, I need to give props to Gabe Kessler, Alex Iglesias and the rest of the art team, because without them I wouldn't have any assets to work with. Also to the people above who decided to give me a shot.

A big thanks to everyone on the forums and the broader community as well: without your support I might not have come quite so far.

(from Mechwarrior Online Inside Source)

Cinderella Comes to Town

We’ve brought on Mark Hayden to design new patterns and reboot some of BattleTechs most beloved and infamous camo specs. Mark, after contributing hundreds of amazing concept paint overs, was hired by PGI in a true Cinderella like story. Mark is now one of the team and is cranking out amazing new content daily. We look forward to his future here at PGI!

Congratulations, Mark, "Your Name in Lights"!! Way to be!

#3434 JorDash

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationHomer, Alaska

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostThor Gerwulf, on 28 November 2012 - 11:16 AM, said:

Here is my atempt at the Flying Tigers Cat

Posted Image

I like this. Now if I could only get one of my Catapults to look like it.

#3435 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostAngelicon, on 28 November 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

That is a thing of absolute beauty.

Thanks. Please don't tell my wife. All kidding aside, the second version appearing in the series of K2's on last page is better and a more accurate rendition of Otomo. Glad you enjoy.

View PostL zard, on 28 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

(from Mechwarrior Online Inside Source)

Cinderella Comes to Town

We’ve brought on Mark Hayden to design new patterns and reboot some of BattleTechs most beloved and infamous camo specs. Mark, after contributing hundreds of amazing concept paint overs, was hired by PGI in a true Cinderella like story. Mark is now one of the team and is cranking out amazing new content daily. We look forward to his future here at PGI!

Congratulations, Mark, "Your Name in Lights"!! Way to be!

Cool. Not sure about Cinderella though... I think it's more like Luke Skywalker story. And we knew he'd make us proud! So glad this working out. Can't wait to see his latest, official paint overs!

#3436 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Yeah, I'm a little iffy about Cinderella myself, but hey, they got his name right, LOL!

#3437 BigBadBug

• Pip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Let me introduce you to the Templars Cataphract and Catapult concepts.

#3438 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

This is my "Oni" themed paint job. Inspired by the Japanese "oni-ni-kanabō ( 鬼に金棒,)) )" or "Oni with an Iron Club". A term used to describe an invincible or difficult foe.

The story goes that the mech was originally salvaged by a DCMS officer who admired its prowess and fierceness on the battlefield. The once enemy mech was repaired and re-painted in the "Oni" theme, whose symbology invokes immeadiate recognition and respect by others DCMS pilots, and strikes fear in the hearts of DCMS foes.

The right arm's weapon cluster represents the iron club. The mech is adorned in the traditional 'Tiger skin loincloth'. The theme is rounded out by painting the mech in the traditional red skin of the Oni and it is crowned in a white mohawk hair style.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I hope you guys like it...Im still very new to image editing. Im still getting to learn the program.

Edited by CocoaJin, 01 December 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#3439 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

I'd like to get in on this, but I'm wondering whether anyone has done a nice set of renders (or 'cutouts' if you think that's the better term), whether in .PNG or .PSD form. That is, with the mech already masked out, and/or whited out already. The lasso tool isn't exactly something I've got expertise with.
And I'd loathe trawling through 175 pages for it...

Edited by Dukarriope, 29 November 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#3440 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

View PostDukarriope, on 29 November 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

I'd like to get in on this, but I'm wondering whether anyone has done a nice set of renders (or 'cutouts' if you think that's the better term), whether in .PNG or .PSD form. That is, with the mech already masked out, and/or whited out already. The lasso tool isn't exactly something I've got expertise with.
And I'd loathe trawling through 175 pages for it...

Look toward the bottom of the first post. There are links to templates.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook