• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

View PostAdridos, on 05 December 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

It's an Orion, the poor man's Atlas.

When the Orion is playable I will probably retire my Atlas so don't talk about him like that. :lol:

PS: And I wouldn't say Alexander Kerensky and Theodore Kurita are poor men...

Edited by Odanan, 05 December 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#3462 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

View PostOdanan, on 05 December 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

When the Orion is playable I will probably retire my Atlas so don't talk about him like that. :D

PS: And I wouldn't say Alexander Kerensky and Theodore Kurita are poor men...

Theodore also drove a Dragon so... yes :)

#3463 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

View PostHayden, on 05 December 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Theodore also drove a Dragon so... yes :)

You got me there.

Hey, say to your fellows in PGI that we, the people, are not happy with the delaying of the Orion announcement. As revenge, I will start spamming this:

Posted Image

Edited by Odanan, 05 December 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#3464 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Still working on a few repaints, but had RL rear it's ugly head in some (very) bad ways the past few weeks. I've spent maybe...2 hours at my computer since mid Nov. Hoping to bang out the 1st BBR Highlander soon (still having issues with Nacon's template in GIMP...but I put that down to user error on my part,) since Ironhawk did such a simply amazing job with the Blackjack, and hopefully start tackling some community requests.

Hope you all are safe and having a good December.

#3465 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Sorry to hear about RL problems, Jack. Hope all gray clouds do clear up. Let me know by PM if you need help.

#3466 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Jack, when you get around to it, I'd like to see some mechs done with rank markings (ours, of course) if possible.....

#3467 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

Hang in there Jack, looking forward to seeing what you've been working on!

Edited by Hayden, 06 December 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#3468 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostFredrick, on 02 December 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

CocoaJin: I ADORE that Cicada repaint. I'd wear that ingame.

Thanks! I'm hoping Hayden "borrows" it for an official release!!! When I started on it, I wasnt sure if it would come out ok, but the more I see it, the more I LOVE IT!!!!!

#3469 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

Thanks guys, repaint wise I'm just having a bit of trouble with Nacon's Template of the Highlander. I don't know if it's me or GIMP or a combination of the two (probably me, I've only be doing this a month, lol,) but I can't get a good selection on the Highlander to paint it. Fuzzy Select in GIMP selects everything inside the nook and crannies, and selects the cockpit/etc. Not sure how you guys got those by themselves in other templates, as I guess I've taken for granted all the pre-work your templates really do for us. Whenever I try to select stuff it just picks up a few pixels or part of a arm/etc

#3470 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Ok, I have to admit, Im not really sure about this one, but its done, so I'll post it...in the meantime, Im going to brainstorm another approach on the theme. Its a theme based on the Japanese(and Chinese) Shenlong or "Azure Dragon" of the East, Master of Storms, who governs rain, wind, and clouds", and thus determines the abundance of harvests.

When spun with Imperial analogies, one can also associate Shenlong with the darking skies of an Invasion force, the raining of ordnance onto the battlefield, and reaping of the spoils of war.

Posted Image

Edited by CocoaJin, 07 December 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#3471 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:59 AM

I wish you luck solving the issues in RL, Jack. And don't forget... Maskirovka sees you. :)

And Cocoa. The basic idea is nice, but now you've posted it, you'e responsible to make it as amazing as it could possibly be. So, if you don't mind, here are a few tips on how to make it look better (all is personal opinion, and I can and will be wrong on few points).

1st: Your repaint is "all over the table". You picked the dragon scale, tried to immitate it on some places and then stopped without any clear results. It's a cool idea, but it needs to be polished further. The same goes for the bottom scale. Try to have a clear picture when implementing this sort of things, which melds with the second point.

2nd: References. If you're making a dragon-looking repaint, then you should look up a good azure dragon picture. It doesn't matter if it's from a cartoon, game, painting, etc., etc. Once you have that, it would be a lot easier to get the color scheme right, since someone did it for you already. This also helps with details. What if you tried to emulare Dragon's mouth, eyes or something like that around the cockpit?

3rd: Personalisation. Keep in mind this is a mech someone actually drives and he painted it, because he wanted it to look this way. Adding killmarks, scratches, logo's, motto's, nicknames and such all help it look less like a bunch of paint thrown in the general direction of the picture and more like an actual machine someone painted or himself, whcih you should almost always shoot for when repainting something so personal as mechs.

4th: If possible, try to post it in a non-converted way, so the picture doesn't have artifacts of the downscaling.

5th: More diverse paint. You should try to make the sense of non-fluidity. You see, right now, the legs and foot look like a single, unmovable part that would never change it's position, because it feels like a statue. If you gave the foot a different color than lags, it would make them a separate entity, which they should be and thus help the real mech part of your repaint.

#3472 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 06 December 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Thanks guys, repaint wise I'm just having a bit of trouble with Nacon's Template of the Highlander. I don't know if it's me or GIMP or a combination of the two (probably me, I've only be doing this a month, lol,) but I can't get a good selection on the Highlander to paint it. Fuzzy Select in GIMP selects everything inside the nook and crannies, and selects the cockpit/etc. Not sure how you guys got those by themselves in other templates, as I guess I've taken for granted all the pre-work your templates really do for us. Whenever I try to select stuff it just picks up a few pixels or part of a arm/etc

Can this Highlander template be of use? Hope it helps.

Cheers!

>IH

#3473 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 07 December 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Cheers!

>IH

Posted to OP template list.

#3474 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 07 December 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Cheers!

>IH

Ironhawk to my rescue!

Work In Progress!

Posted Image

#3475 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Re-make of the my Shenlong Themed Raven. I like this one much better!

Posted Image

Edited by CocoaJin, 09 December 2012 - 01:49 AM.

#3476 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

That's a lot better! Though I have to admit, if you could figure out how to do some of that scaley texture you did on the last one, that was really neat.

#3477 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 07 December 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

...if you could figure out how to do some of that scaley texture you did on the last one, that was really neat.

I was considering the scales again, I wasnt sure if it would be too much. I'll look into making another scale texture and adding it in.

edit:
Scales added. I think it works well.

Posted Image

Edited by CocoaJin, 07 December 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#3478 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:30 AM

Excellant, CJin, now you've got it!

Col.Jack, let's see who gets to upload this on our site,eh?

Edited by L zard, 08 December 2012 - 03:35 AM.

#3479 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

Orca (Killer Whale) themed Stalker.

Posted Image

Im still trying figure out how to make dark and white colors blend better, I think its because Im using "Bucket Fill" instead of "Colorize" and/or "Color Balance" on this one, which seems to work with the background textures instead of just covering them. In hindsight, I think I know how to do it...I think I pulled it off with my Cicada on pg 176.

Edited by CocoaJin, 08 December 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#3480 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:02 AM

Could also alter the opacity of them a bit, also could try and change the saturation on the color hues to make it a bit more natural?

View PostL zard, on 08 December 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

Excellant, CJin, now you've got it!

Col.Jack, let's see who gets to upload this on our site,eh?

Have to finish it first, L'zard, lol.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 08 December 2012 - 05:03 AM.

50 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users