ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 31 July 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

[color=cyan]Haha, yeah it's close to that. Though instead of light gray the main colour is white, and the dots are jet black. But yeah, we should add that![/color]

Posted Image
though what would be real neat is to find a way to use Cobra to add these to the back carapace of his cacada......
Posted Image

#4342 bloodybones jones

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:28 AM

these fed sun jobs need to go in soon.

#4343 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostGizmoGecko, on 01 August 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

Look at the lasers on the right arm. They're not stacked; side by side like the Victor's left arm.

The images that people had found in the files showed them stacked like on the hero (see link below).
http://www.nogutsnog...opic,687.0.html

I don't think it's appropriate to post pictures of them as it's not yet released, and Niko Snow made a post about it, but they might've given in to them all now.

Due to the fact the lasers are differently placed to the images that have been acquired, I wouldn't be surprised if they made anymore changes to the weapon placement and geometry.

Posted Image

#4344 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Kintaro... well, aside from some kick-*** FRR scheme, I don't see anything in particular repainters could do with it.

#4345 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostAdridos, on 01 August 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Kintaro... well, aside from some kick-*** FRR scheme, I don't see anything in particular repainters could do with it.

Yea agreed, I look at most concept art and have an idea of something... the Kintaro though, doesn't seem animated as much with it's straight legs.

#4346 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 29 July 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

These are still great, guys. I really, really want a camo I can use to paint my Cicada like a leopard moth. The Vagabond is CLOSE, but not quite.

It has been a long time since your last summons, Commissioner. Consider it done.

I needed a project this week-end anyway. And this time around, I'll let someone else start up the template work for the Kintaro. Oh and... I plan to release the template for the Locust pretty soon too. Any chance we will see other Phoenix concept art being released?

IH

#4347 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 01 August 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

It has been a long time since your last summons, Commissioner. Consider it done.

I needed a project this week-end anyway. And this time around, I'll let someone else start up the template work for the Kintaro. Oh and... I plan to release the template for the Locust pretty soon too. Any chance we will see other Phoenix concept art being released?

IH

https://plus.google....762003975772161

People found the Phoenix mechs and their standard variation concept art on MWO google+ account.

#4348 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

Template for the Locust would be totally epic IH B), scholar and a gentleman.

#4349 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:54 AM

Posted Image

Skye Rangers Victor "Galatea Gal" about 3049.

#4350 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Especially love the bandit mask effect.

#4351 Max OConnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Amazing coincidence that I've been on a Kintaro kick lately, I was pleasantly surprised to see the newest mech on here.
In an effort to stimulate some more repaints, here is the Kintaro minus the background.
I'm also including my poor attempt at redesigning the Kintaro yet keeping the original elements as much as possible.
Enjoy

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by maxoconnor, 03 August 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#4352 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

And with this, I am starting to agree that the chosen chassis are starting to get a generic human brick look.

And that doesn't even look at the part where the Dervish just totally outclasses the Kintaro as a chassis to begin with.

#4353 Tvae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 203 posts
  • LocationPort Sunkissed

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Conspiracy theory time!

I have agree with you, Bishop. With the Kintaro, even I have to admit that the newer mech designs just have been slowy becoming slightly more homogenous over time, except for the most obvious of features (the back ends the forearms on the Quickdraw, as well as the antennae on the sides of its head, for example). They still looked good, but something seems to be missing...

Anyways, I was just over looking at the basic Project Pheonix design artwork on the MWO google+ page. If you hadn't noticed, the Project Pheonix designs we initially saw were actually the Project Pheonix variants, with the extra parts already added on. The actual designs, on the other hand, mostly seem more reserved or closer to the original (the smaller arms of the Locust, less obvious shoulder pads on the Battlemaster, etc.).

This made me realize what it is they're doing: They are intentionally making the designs less over the top, or easily recognizable.

They've already stated that they plan to eventually add in purchasable 'body mods' to allow for slight variations in the look of the same mech (which allows them to have redesigns more closely resembling different redesigns from varying points in the Battletech art timeline). They just haven't said when they'll be adding in these 'body mods'... But, until that time, they must be leaving room so that these body mods, when they eventually are released, actually appear to pop out more from among the other mechs. (No more than the Pheonix, Founder or Hero mechs do, I would assume, but still enough to make them worth purchsing. Plus, less differentiation means an easier time making distinctive parts actually look distinctive.)

/End conspiracy theory time.

Edited by Tvae, 02 August 2013 - 04:49 PM.

#4354 Max OConnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how similar the new Kintaro is to an Apollo?
Posted Image

#4355 DiamondSkull

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGray Death Legion, attached to the Skye Rangers.

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

I have a few questions :

First, does anyone know how to make a marpat grey camo in gimp ? Manually it will take years, and what little i found on internet is just totally not it.

I would want something like this :
http://0.static.wix....e906.wix_mp_512
http://0.static.wix....8dd8.wix_mp_512
http://shop.hoodlamb...ges/MHT1X_1.jpg

Also how do you make the insignias look affected by relief ? I did found a deformation tool in gimp but i just end up with horrible results that are far away from what i see here whatever i do.

Thanks.

#4356 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:18 AM

In the lack of a template, I just changed colors of the dragon and added horns, glowin eyes and a maw to the concept art.
Posted Image

#4357 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:03 AM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 03 August 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed how similar the new Kintaro is to an Apollo?
Posted Image

Well, when all mechs are rendered as walking bricks with child bearing hips, that is bound to happen. It's just that the Kintaro and the Apollo are walking ricks wearing tutus.

#4358 Dragonstrike

• PipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 83 posts
  • LocationYorkshire England UK

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

Posted Image

#4359 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 29 July 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

These are still great, guys. I really, really want a camo I can use to paint my Cicada like a leopard moth. The Vagabond is CLOSE, but not quite.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 July 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

Posted Image
though what would be real neat is to find a way to use Cobra to add these to the back carapace of his cacada......
Posted Image

Voila!

Posted Image

#4360 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostIronhawk, on 04 August 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Voila!

Posted Image

I have a deep desire for red rope licorice right now.

104 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 104 guests, 0 anonymous users