• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

View PostCW_Enchanter, on 30 December 2011 - 04:48 AM, said:

I'll just leave it here...

Nice work on the K2 variant! while I may be in the minority that doesn't care for the Catapult sans missle launchers, that is still some good work there... i like it way better than my mish mash rough draft K2 variant I posted over in the missle door thread. I think your image more closely represents what the K2 would look like. good job!

and for the record it's not that I dislike the K2 totally, i think it is more of an aversion to PPCs in general :huh:

#462 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:58 AM

I'm not going to mince words, the K2 is a niche 'Mech; plenty of others to put dual PPCs on. However, I think the artwork is outstanding; nicely done.

#463 Ra-ul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 122 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:37 AM

If you guys go on like this the devs can look into creating media subsections per faction and regiment :huh:

#464 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

Thanks for the Diamond Sharks Hunchback! It looks mean!

#465 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

View PostGraySho, on 30 December 2011 - 09:37 AM, said:

If you guys go on like this the devs can look into creating media subsections per faction and regiment :huh:

More like hiring a person to list through all of those 477 replies. :wub:

Edited by Adridos, 30 December 2011 - 10:45 AM.

#466 MajorTom

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNew Kyoto

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

View PostCW_Enchanter, on 30 December 2011 - 04:48 AM, said:

I'll just leave it here...

<snip>

Posted Image

ok, i know it's bit early, but C3 variant for examlple.

Point of order!!

The -C3 has been displayed in canon as having 5 tubes in its Arrow IV bay, as well as still retaining the empty bay on the other side.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Just sayin :huh:

#467 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

I think we should absorb the original Catapult before we start hankering for significantly different remodels.

Although, the images are well done.

#468 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

View PostMajorTom, on 30 December 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

Point of order!!

The -C3 has been displayed in canon as having 5 tubes in its Arrow IV bay, as well as still retaining the empty bay on the other side.

Just out of curiosity. Why didn't they refit the second launcher too? And with that thing in mind, why did they leave the second launcher there? Dropping useless tonnage is good after all. :huh:

#469 MitchellTyner

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

Could I pretty please get a set of the Kell Hound mechs ??? I'm looking for great backgrounds for my pc :huh:

#470 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

View PostMitchellTyner, on 30 December 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

Could I pretty please get a set of the Kell Hound mechs ??? I'm looking for great backgrounds for my pc :huh:

Here's one Hayden already made:

Posted Image

#471 MajorTom

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNew Kyoto

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

View PostAdridos, on 30 December 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

Just out of curiosity. Why didn't they refit the second launcher too? And with that thing in mind, why did they leave the second launcher there? Dropping useless tonnage is good after all. :huh:

A single Arrow IV weighs as much as both LRM launchers together and there is not enough tonnage on the 'mech to mount two of them. The canon reasoning behind leaving the other launcher housing in place (yet empty) probably has something to do with the fact that the -C3 is a field refit and removing the empty launcher housing (thus requiring a reworking of arm-mounted structure and armor) was too much of a hassle in the field. That, and it provides something non-vital to absorb enemy weapons fire.

#472 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

Ok, thanks for the info. :huh:

#473 Ra-ul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 122 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:10 PM

View PostMajorTom, on 30 December 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

A single Arrow IV weighs as much as both LRM launchers together and there is not enough tonnage on the 'mech to mount two of them. The canon reasoning behind leaving the other launcher housing in place (yet empty) probably has something to do with the fact that the -C3 is a field refit and removing the empty launcher housing (thus requiring a reworking of arm-mounted structure and armor) was too much of a hassle in the field. That, and it provides something non-vital to absorb enemy weapons fire.

Being that heavy it could also be for balancing reasons, though counterweights are not implemented in BT AFAIK :huh:

#474 MitchellTyner

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 30 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

View PostAdridos, on 30 December 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Here's one Hayden already made:

Posted Image

Yeah I saw this one, it's beautiful! Would really love to see a Hunchback with the scheme

#475 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

that C3 looks like a lop eared c o o n hunting dog, that had a horrid accident! LOL just sayin' :huh:

Edited by Metro, 30 December 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#476 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:01 AM

View PostKevin Kirov, on 30 December 2011 - 05:44 PM, said:

Saw you post this today in a different thread Hayden I was wondering if you could do a mech in one of thier colors with all the advertisements you could think of? lol
and also any mech from the Clan Goliath Scorpion Delta Galaxy
http://camospecs.com/Unit.asp?ID=514 for reference.

PS i love Highlanders, if that means anything :huh:

Highlanders... what... what is that word? I don't comprehend.

Hayden Policy Recap: Due to time constraints and high volumes of requests and personal projects I'm kinda focusing on a couple key areas, for now Insignia work and repainting concept work. It's true that I have taken other jobs in the past, but I'm kind of trying to ease away from those now, especially in the new year. If I had my way, I'd be doing all kinds of work for people, but as it is there are just limits to the amount of time I have.

So technically, even though the Highlander was made by the same artist it isn't part of the MWO concept art and therefore I'm not doing work with it right now (maybe not ever). But I'm happy to handle those other requests. Also, should a piece of official MWO Highlander concept art appear on the media page one day... well. I think you can figure out the implications of that. :wub:

ED: Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! Let's make 2012 an extra special year for this little community ;)

Edited by Hayden, 31 December 2011 - 02:18 AM.

#477 Kharrn

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:17 AM

View PostHayden, on 31 December 2011 - 02:01 AM, said:

Highlanders... what... what is that word? I don't comprehend.

Hayden Policy Recap: Due to time constraints and high volumes of requests and personal projects I'm kinda focusing on a couple key areas, for now Insignia work and repainting concept work. It's true that I have taken other jobs in the past, but I'm kind of trying to ease away from those now, especially in the new year. If I had my way, I'd be doing all kinds of work for people, but as it is there are just limits to the amount of time I have.

So technically, even though the Highlander was made by the same artist it isn't part of the MWO concept art and therefore I'm not doing work with it right now (maybe not ever). But I'm happy to handle those other requests. Also, should a piece of official MWO Highlander concept art appear on the media page one day... well. I think you can figure out the implications of that. :wub:

ED: Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! Let's make 2012 an extra special year for this little community ;)

Time is a valuable thing...especially when it comes to such a nice hobby like repainting and "Insignia work"!
Thank you Hayden for all your work on these things, thank you for your tips and your inspiration. (I read your thoughts on the 3rd LAG and i have some ideas in mind for a FRR (house or merc) unit with a nice story etc B))
A Happy New Year to you too and to everybody else!!!
Especially a happy year 2012 :D

I also have to thank flyingdebris for his concept arts. As always..pretty damn awsome stuff!

All you ppl keep up the good work! :huh:

btw...still roughly 6 hours left till 2012 xD

#478 Iron Horse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationIjima, Xinyang; Benjamin Military District, DC (IRL: Inglewood, CA)

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:48 PM

View PostHayden, on 30 December 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

Benjamin Regulars generic Catapult. This was a request but for a Benjamin unit in general, instead of a specific unit of the regulars. I decided to just go on ahead and just use the most commonly accepted Benjamin Regulars paint scheme. I did the Benjamin Regulars insignia for this and will be posting them up later.

Great job as always!

#479 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

View PostMitchellTyner, on 30 December 2011 - 03:28 PM, said:

Yeah I saw this one, it's beautiful! Would really love to see a Hunchback with the scheme

It's up, along with a couple others on page 24.

#480 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:37 AM

View PostHayden, on 02 January 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

It's up, along with a couple others on page 24.

Everything is nice, except that Hunchback. You could have made it a bit more "interesting", but that's just me. ^_^

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users