Repainted Concept Art

Art

7732 replies to this topic

#4841 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 20 December 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

So, wait, the Clan mechs get their art work posted before the rest of the Phoenix Mechs get posted? That's not right. Unless they've been posted somewhere else and just no one's said anything.

Edited by ShadowbaneX, 21 December 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#4842 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,595 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostIqfishLP, on 21 December 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Timberwolf Template V2

Instructions are in the .PSD file!

Click me to Download!

http://www.mediafire.com/?8hpdmppu5m6zv6x

Timberwolf Tamar Jäger Version

Posted Image

Yeees. Great Job Iq.

And from the Tamar Jaegers,Merry Xmas to all.

#4843 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Updated, more gloss, less plastic-like:

Posted Image

#4844 Bushmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts
  • LocationSomewhere within FRR territories

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

anyone got a template for the Summoner yet??

#4845 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia, Terra.

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:18 PM

I think the problem was there isn't (or wasn't) yet any pics of the Summoner in a decent resolution.

Didn't stop me messing around with the low-res image we got :P

Posted Image

Edited by Tyberion, 22 December 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#4846 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostFeatherwood, on 21 December 2013 - 06:38 AM, said:

His badge clearly shows his belonging to PGI's staff. My questions had nothing with N.O.P.E. And I don like the tone you chose to mention me. Please mind your own business, Thanks,

Keep this chaff out of the thread. Mark Hayden works on designs and other art related issues, as if asking him questions is really going to get you an answer.

Unless it's how to be effing awesome at repainting 'mechs. He's got that one covered!!! =D

View PostOdanan, on 21 December 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

OK, this is what we were waiting for:
Posted Image
Thanks Fishy for finding the complete image.

EDIT: a more dramatic effect to the sky.

PS: Merry Xmas to you all.

EDIT: I just found that the gun in the right torso is actually a machinegun, not the medium pulse laser. Removed the green lens.

Great job!

Really makes me wish I was still enthusiastic about the project, I'd make a lot more repaints based off this!

Edited by Jack Gallows, 23 December 2013 - 01:28 AM.

#4847 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

Do you have a Dire Wolf template ready? That would be awesome to see!

#4848 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:01 AM

As already said, creating a template takes about 4-5 hours of time.

I have to mask the mech out, refine the edges, mask the non-painted parts, create the bleach and lighting layers, create and add GFX, paint shadows, paint lighting.

This amount of work would be a total waste of time for the low resolution images. Sorry guys!

#4849 MCXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 465 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostMark Hayden, on 21 December 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

Unfortunately, that kind of call is above my station. I'm going to decline further comment on that, because I don't really have anything productive to add.

Never hurts to ask! :(

Appreciate the response, and keep up the good work. It's very hard to not buy more patterns than I have on these mechs. I just need MORE.

Also who should I contact about texture stretching and mismap bugs? Just normal support channel or is there someone I can PM some good screenshots too to get right through to the guy who needs it?

#4850 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 23 December 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

Keep this chaff out of the thread. Mark Hayden works on designs and other art related issues, as if asking him questions is really going to get you an answer.

Another narcissistic lad, who have asked your advices? Are you Hayden's advocate or does he need some one to speak on his behalf? I doubt so. If Mr. Hayden could help all of us to get high-res. art of omnies everyone would benefit from it, that's how I see it. If not, well, never hurts to ask, quiaff?

#4851 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostMCXL, on 23 December 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Never hurts to ask! :)

Appreciate the response, and keep up the good work. It's very hard to not buy more patterns than I have on these mechs. I just need MORE.

Also who should I contact about texture stretching and mismap bugs? Just normal support channel or is there someone I can PM some good screenshots too to get right through to the guy who needs it?

There are threads in the Developers' Corner and Support & Feedback sections of the forum for that (if my recollection is correct.)

View PostFeatherwood, on 24 December 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Another narcissistic lad, who have asked your advices? Are you Hayden's advocate or does he need some one to speak on his behalf? I doubt so. If Mr. Hayden could help all of us to get high-res. art of omnies everyone would benefit from it, that's how I see it. If not, well, never hurts to ask, quiaff?

Hey Featherwood, we are just trying to focus on sharing and commenting repaint jobs here. A plain, fun, non-political thread. If you think a gentleman like Jack Gallows is narcissistic, please view me as a super-self-centered, ultra-arrogant wannabe artist. ;-)

Agreed that we all want hi-res for the Phoenix and Clan 'Mechs. Garth Erlam is the PGI Community Manager for this site. You can connect with him regarding site specific feedback and requests. I did ask him face to face not so long ago and even used Jedi mind tricks on him... He knows we want those hi-res!

IH out.

#4852 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:31 AM

View PostIqfishLP, on 21 December 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Timberwolf Template V2

Instructions are in the .PSD file!

Click me to Download!

http://www.mediafire.com/?8hpdmppu5m6zv6x

Timberwolf Tamar Jäger Version

IqfishLP, I have downloaded your template. Well done. Hope you don't mind if I tweak it just a bit to remove some of the Smoke Jag markings. I'll need time and my Wacom to do that (will start in 2 days).

Cheers!

IH

EDIT: Forgot to spam everyone with a joyful Merrrrryyy Christmaaas! to all of you! :-D

Edited by Ironhawk, 24 December 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#4853 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostIronhawk, on 24 December 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Hey Featherwood, we are just trying to focus on sharing and commenting repaint jobs here. A plain, fun, non-political thread. If you think a gentleman like Jack Gallows is narcissistic, please view me as a super-self-centered, ultra-arrogant wannabe artist. ;-)

With all due respect, but my posts contained no at all or 'just on a tip of the knife' anti-PGI-rethorics, but instead I got at least two quite directive answers, which I do not tolerate. My general intention was to draw attention to the issue with low quality art published on facebook and wish to get better ones, nothing more. I never meant to bring flames here, though I'm quite disappointment and bilious ex-white-knight. Thank you for model good tone answer, I hope that your personal inquiry will find a response in Garth, I know no one who deserves better to get those high-res pictures.
Sorry for too many off-topic posts, I'll stop by now.

Merry Christmas everyone!

P.S. This evening english words have some struggle with islay scotch inside me, apologies for muddled speech.

#4854 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostTyberion, on 22 December 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

I think the problem was there isn't (or wasn't) yet any pics of the Summoner in a decent resolution.

Didn't stop me messing around with the low-res image we got :unsure:

Posted Image

*sigh*

Not your fault... but the Summoner leaves me cold. For one thing, it was always noted as being a very tall mech, and that version looks very squat to me. And the massive bubble canopy just leaves me cold. I really prefer David White's MW4 iteration, though with some obvious MWO tweaks.

#4855 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

The cockpit doesn't bother me but I agree it does look a bit too squat. I'd lengthen the legs a bit.

I remember thinking that the Highlander looked very squat in the concept art, but ended up being very tall in game. Looking at the art now it must have just been the way the legs were bent, unfortunately the Summoner's legs look more or less completely straight.
Posted Image

I've made the lower legs too thin but I feel like that's a better height.

Edited by Tyberion, 24 December 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#4856 Bushmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts
  • LocationSomewhere within FRR territories

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Merry Christmas repainty arty thready peoples :unsure:

Spoiler

#4857 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostTyberion, on 24 December 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

The cockpit doesn't bother me but I agree it does look a bit too squat. I'd lengthen the legs a bit.

I remember thinking that the Highlander looked very squat in the concept art, but ended up being very tall in game. Looking at the art now it must have just been the way the legs were bent, unfortunately the Summoner's legs look more or less completely straight.
Posted Image

THAT looks sexy.

#4858 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

View PostTyberion, on 24 December 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

took it and modded the cockpit and the laser barrel to make it look less clumsy...and gave it the proper paint job!
Posted Image
It's a quicky, but with such a low res image, didn't see the point of taking a lot of time, ya know?

If the modded the model like that, I would buy the Thor Pack, for sure!

Also, I don't think the legs came out too thin. The original models always were way to chunky, IMO.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 25 December 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#4859 Tyberion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 25 December 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

took it and modded the cockpit and the laser barrel to make it look less clumsy...and gave it the proper paint job!
Posted Image
It's a quicky, but with such a low res image, didn't see the point of taking a lot of time, ya know?

If the modded the model like that, I would buy the Thor Pack, for sure!

Also, I don't think the legs came out too thin. The original models always were way to chunky, IMO.

Looks SO good. That barrel was bugging me too.

#4860 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostTyberion, on 25 December 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Looks SO good. That barrel was bugging me too.

you did the first and most crucial step, fixing the legs.
Now if we can just slip this version to the modeler. After all. it's still 100% Alex's concept, just re proportioned. I'm usually guilty of the stumpy legs on my mech, but with the ape hangers on that Summoner it was just too much. I would LOVE to figure out how to 3d model it myself.

60 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 60 guests, 0 anonymous users