ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

View PostWill9761, on 01 March 2014 - 02:35 PM, said:

This is my first time doing a repaint of mech art. I have repainted this Hunchback in my unit's colors of the Hesperus II Tamarind March Militia. So let me know any comments, advice, or feedback for painting mechs.
Posted Image

well done, but you might want to tone down the hue saturation a skosh. The colors are alittle more day-glo than canon, I believe, lol! :)

#5222 Iqfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Posted Image

Dat saturation!

Don't get me wrong: Great result for first attempt, just try to make your mechs a little more "real" looking.

Edited by IqfishLP, 03 March 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#5223 Ironhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hey guys! How have you been?

Super busy myself. Also, the Atlas Hunters are officially launched and actively recruiting since the last couple of weeks so the little free time I got was sucked away by logistics and MW:O gaming! The bloody grin and cool scratch marks ideas are his.

Alright, this custom job requested by NautilusCommand awhile ago was long overdue. Thanks for your patience, NC! The Marik insignia is by me also.

Posted Image

#5224 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Ironhawk, I love your artwork posted here, and others btw! I am requesting (because my time is limited creating awards artwork for my unit) from one of our guru painters here could paint up a custom Blue Star Irregulars Mech... take your choice of a Medium or Heavy mech (not too picky there). But... it has to incorporate our MWO unit colors of; Hellblau, Midnight Blue, and Grey (silver-ish) striping. Ultimately, we decided to mesh both BSI regiment colors into one theme for MWO. I can supply a hi-res logo of BSI, along with proper RGB color specs if needed. Msg me directly if you're interested.

#5225 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 03 March 2014 - 04:42 PM, said:

Hey guys! How have you been?

Super busy myself. Also, the Atlas Hunters are officially launched and actively recruiting since the last couple of weeks so the little free time I got was sucked away by logistics and MW:O gaming! The bloody grin and cool scratch marks ideas are his.

Alright, this custom job requested by NautilusCommand awhile ago was long overdue. Thanks for your patience, NC! The Marik insignia is by me also.

Posted Image

You have no idea.... NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS (starts to scream on the inside.) Thank you so, so much IH it's beautiful... shed a single tear.
Do you think you could upload this to a site like Photobucket so i can get the high resolution picture please?
Also I'm still willing to throw money at you for this.

Edited by NautilusCommand, 03 March 2014 - 06:14 PM.

#5226 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:52 PM

View PostNautilusCommand, on 03 March 2014 - 05:53 PM, said:

You have no idea.... NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS (starts to scream on the inside.) Thank you so, so much IH it's beautiful... shed a single tear.
Do you think you could upload this to a site like Photobucket so i can get the high resolution picture please?
Also I'm still willing to throw money at you for this.

Glad you love it! The image is available at atlashunters.wordpress.com. That's the highest resolution I've got for it.

View PostGrendel408, on 03 March 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

Ironhawk, I love your artwork posted here, and others btw! I am requesting (because my time is limited creating awards artwork for my unit) from one of our guru painters here could paint up a custom Blue Star Irregulars Mech... take your choice of a Medium or Heavy mech (not too picky there). But... it has to incorporate our MWO unit colors of; Hellblau, Midnight Blue, and Grey (silver-ish) striping. Ultimately, we decided to mesh both BSI regiment colors into one theme for MWO. I can supply a hi-res logo of BSI, along with proper RGB color specs if needed. Msg me directly if you're interested.

I did this awhile back. And because of other pressing duties I cannot accept more requests. Hope it fits your needs (though it is not a Medium or a Heavy)...

Posted Image

#5227 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

View PostIronhawk, on 03 March 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Glad you love it! The image is available at atlashunters.wordpress.com. That's the highest resolution I've got for it.

Thanks anyway, IH you are so many things I'd rather not fill this up with off topic man-crush stuff, as most of you wouldn't want to hear it ;)

#5228 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostBlackfang, on 27 February 2014 - 06:25 AM, said:

Sorry if this has been posted before, but did anyone post up a template file of the Thunderbolt already. I seem to remember there was but I accidentally cleared my templates folder on my drive :)

I made one, it's not as good as an Iron Hawk or Hayden template but I hope it serves it's purpose.

http://onuris22.devi...llows-397609060

#5229 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Thanks for your feedback guys, I'll take your advice to heart the next time I do this stuff.

#5230 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostJack Gallows, on 04 March 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

I made one, it's not as good as an Iron Hawk or Hayden template but I hope it serves it's purpose.

http://onuris22.devi...llows-397609060

Nice one :P for some reason it comes out blue in gimp though and the blue saturation runs through to the top layer? Not sure how to get rid of it?

#5231 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

It has been a long time since we got last proper concept art. I heard rumor that PGI plans to change the order of art releases, but can't recall who shared it. Mark, Alex, if you read this, can you please partially take role of [repainted art] community managers and bring us some good news?
  • What about full resolution art for Phoenix Project and Sabre Package?
  • Will Clan Mechs art be ever released into public in full resolution?
  • What about Banshee art and, the most intriguing thing, when we will see the rumored Mauler concept?
Since AtD sessions have been canceled I don't know whom else to ask or where to post questions as they are equally ignored almost everywhere, so I humbly solicit for your help.

Regards, FW.

P.S. Maybe someone can ask Russ those questions in twitter? I don't have "damnable thing" account :rolleyes:

#5232 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

By the way, I realized that the reason for why my Hunchback looked like a disco mech is because I had one of the pictures set to "Soft Light".

#5233 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

I should probably also say "Made On Hesperus II". The "Made in X" denotes a strictly defined barriers. "Made in Canada" is defined as being created with territorial boarder or Canada. "Made on site" means it is made right there.

#5234 BlackPhoenix01

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,459 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNJ/NY

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostOdanan, on 13 February 2014 - 02:14 PM, said:

I'm the self inflicted, mind detonator.
Yeah. I'm the one infected, twisted animator.
Posted Image
I'm a firestarter, terrific firestarter.

I know I'm late in this but

*sniffle* This... this is the most 'Murica!'n thing I have ever seen. Bravo.

#5235 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Well, here is a Timber Wolf I did in my unit's Charlie Regiment colors:
Posted Image

Edited by Will9761, 11 March 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#5236 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:35 AM

View PostWill9761, on 11 March 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

Well, here is a Timber Wolf I did in my unit's Charlie Regiment colors:

Will.. Can i be honest? Those colors, especially on that background.. Do not look very good ;)

It reminds me of my father's ski suit ;)

#5237 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 12 March 2014 - 05:35 AM, said:

Will.. Can i be honest? Those colors, especially on that background.. Do not look very good ;)

Maybe you could suggest a way he could improve?
Will, maybe try making them a bit brighter?

#5238 Nomex 99

• 1,558 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostHayden, on 08 November 2011 - 09:43 PM, said:

EDIT: Alright, for you folks who love the deep periphery or Bavarian motif Battlemechs: from the Hanseatic League a Hunchback of the 2nd Regional Defense Force.
Posted Image

Very nice work, but Bavarian colors on a Hanseatic mech are like a cactus on a canadian flag. The guys at Camo Specs seem to have no knowlege about the historical Hansa.

http://upload.wikime...a-optimiert.jpg

Edited by Nomex199, 12 March 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#5239 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,666 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 12 March 2014 - 05:35 AM, said:

Well, let me tell you something, I'm not going for pretty colors. I'm doing this for practice and skill.
Posted Image

#5240 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

What can you say? Will9761 loves his colors :D Photoshop type work takes skill and patience... patience to learn the skill, keep practicing Will9761! It pays off eventually ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users