7732 replies to this topic

#7161 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:48 AM

Nothing special, probably the easiest to do template ever.
Posted Image
Get it here.

#7162 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostOdanan, on 08 August 2016 - 01:48 AM, said:

Nothing special, probably the easiest to do template ever.
Posted Image
Get it here.

sad that I find this twice as sexy as the actual Marauder... and somehow it feels less bloaty despite being more. (Probably because the IIC is actualyl supposed ot be a chub, whereas the Maruader is NOT)

#7163 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 08 August 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

sad that I find this twice as sexy as the actual Marauder... and somehow it feels less bloaty despite being more. (Probably because the IIC is actualyl supposed ot be a chub, whereas the Maruader is NOT)

It's the cockpit, and the lack of taffy-torso. By that, I mean the MWO MAD has a torso that seems too long for itself. Like it was stretched. It throws its proportions out of whack. This has a more pleasant bullet shape to it - though I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on the aft vents. Yes, I know they're there on the reseen MAD IIC.

Call me a heathen, I don't care, but the reseen MAD always looked better to me than the original MAD. The original MAD IIC looked far too different to the original MAD to seem like related designs. I actually prefered the reseen versions of both, though the original MAD IIC art wasn't bad per say. Just looked too unrelated to the original MAD and even more so vs the reseen version.

The IS MAD II, however? That's just silly. Like some tech found some spoilers, thought it would look rad on the sides of a MAD, and somehow it gained 25 tons.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 08 August 2016 - 03:47 PM.

#7164 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 August 2016 - 04:16 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 08 August 2016 - 03:46 PM, said:

It's the cockpit, and the lack of taffy-torso. By that, I mean the MWO MAD has a torso that seems too long for itself. Like it was stretched. It throws its proportions out of whack. This has a more pleasant bullet shape to it - though I'm not entirely sure I'm sold on the aft vents. Yes, I know they're there on the reseen MAD IIC.

Call me a heathen, I don't care, but the reseen MAD always looked better to me than the original MAD. The original MAD IIC looked far too different to the original MAD to seem like related designs. I actually prefered the reseen versions of both, though the original MAD IIC art wasn't bad per say. Just looked too unrelated to the original MAD and even more so vs the reseen version.

The IS MAD II, however? That's just silly. Like some tech found some spoilers, thought it would look rad on the sides of a MAD, and somehow it gained 25 tons.

Dorsal weapon, pods on the side torso, cyclops cockpit on walker legs with Pod weapon arms?

While flatter and the arms are further back, I'd say the MAD IIC is pretty obviously related to the MAD.

That said, I've long been on record as preferring the reseen... just better rendered and proportioned.

#7165 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

Ok, been a while since I've touched MWO, or the forums even, but, the Marauder IIC brings back a lot of really good memories.
Specifically of this Posted Image
Yes, I started with Dark Age. I even still try to play it now and then. When I do, I always use Faber and her Marauder IIC, Vindication. Is she a little broken? Sure. Is the fact that she's still alive at this point, and able to pilot a mech a bit of a stretch? Sure. But this mech has a lot of emotional value to me, and when I saw the special paint job on the preview, I saw this mech hidden there. There are some differences, obviously, the feet stand out to me, but, with the debate above about the different versions of the IIC, to me, it screams the IIC started out with, this was one of the mechs that caught my interest enough to try and find out more about the universe, and I owe a lot of who I am now to this mech, that I can so clearly see with the concept art they released.

I hate to ask this after months of silence, but if someone could make a repaint of Vindication, you would make my month, really.

#7166 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostMensloWolf, on 11 August 2016 - 09:14 AM, said:

Marley Quinnauder IIC

(Bruce Timm version because screw the New 52)

Back in high school when I played Battletech rather regularly I bought a lance of spiders. First one I painted was robin, next Harley Quinn, and a venom as Batman. The last was painted as the Flash.

#7167 Justin Kase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMerryland

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:39 PM

Was working on the below as a modification of the Mauler to be a "Linesman" (the non-canon first generation prototype of the Mauler back in 3020's era.

Coming to the masters to see what else I could add to it to give the mech more of a Corp / prototype feel to it?

Posted Image
Thanks - in advance Posted Image

Made using Odanan's Mauler Template - with modifications to the arm lasers, the addition of the alternate shoulders and added in some details in the uncovered chest area. The EW crossed spears logo is for the Cappellan EarthWerks Security Force, courtesy of Fleiger.

Edited by Justin Kase, 26 August 2016 - 09:05 PM.

#7168 Justin Kase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMerryland

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:02 PM

.. and a Locust using Ironhawk's template and one of Fleiger's incredible Unit Insignia

Justine's Grenadiers, Capellan Defense Force

Posted Image

#7169 N F X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 691 posts
  • Location48°52.6′S 123°23.6′W

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:43 AM

Posted Image

Yen Lo Wang CN9-YLW2 (1x Gauss, 3x MPL) piloted by Kai Allard-Liao with the 1. St. Ives Lanciers. There is no official paint job for this, so i based it of this old painting of Yen Lo Wang:

Posted Image

I want this paintjob SOOOOOOOOOO bad on my CN9 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image but i guess i will never get it :``(

Edited by N F X, 05 September 2016 - 06:08 AM.

#7170 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:03 AM

View PostN F X, on 05 September 2016 - 05:43 AM, said:

Posted Image

Yen Lo Wang CN9-YLW2 (1x Gauss, 3x MPL) piloted by Kai Allard-Liao with the 1. St. Ives Lanciers. There is no official paint job for this, so i based it of this old painting of Yen Lo Wang:

Posted Image

I want this paintjob on my CN9 SOOOOOOOOOO bad Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image but i guess i will never get it :``(

Maybe if PGI one day releases the melee feteare? They could add a second Centurion hero.

#7171 N F X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 691 posts
  • Location48°52.6′S 123°23.6′W

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:07 AM

View PostOdanan, on 05 September 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

Maybe if PGI one day releases the melee feteare? They could add a second Centurion hero.

That would be great. if they really announce to implement melee, i will bring this up on twitter an the feature suggestion :)

#7172 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:34 PM

And the bushwacker is announced!
Eagerly looking forward to some kickass paintjobs to replace whatever mockery the blue & orange is.

Edited by Funkin Disher, 06 September 2016 - 07:24 PM.

#7173 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:45 PM

Bushwacker template 70% done. Will finish it tomorrow. ;)

#7174 Emilio Lizardo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 80 posts
  • LocationComing across from the 8th Dimension.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:28 PM

View PostOdanan, on 05 September 2016 - 06:03 AM, said:

View PostN F X, on 05 September 2016 - 05:43 AM, said:

I want this paintjob SOOOOOOOOOO bad on my CN9 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image but i guess i will never get it :``(

Actually, the scheme on the hero 'mech YLW is the closest to the official paint scheme we're probably going to get, just minus the claw and the symbol on the leg:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Emilio Lizardo, 07 September 2016 - 08:44 PM.

#7175 Max OConnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:33 AM

I was reading the Turning Points Widowmaker Absorption and in it, they describe Jerome Winson as piloting a Maruader IIC. This is my take on his Mech during the fight against Clan Widowmaker with some damage to it. Since they do not specify a Clan Wolf paint scheme, I went with their default of simple Grey. I added some damage and rust.
I hope you like it. Thanks to Odanan for the template.
Posted Image

Edited by Max OConnor, 08 September 2016 - 09:34 AM.

#7176 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

Bushwacker template!
Posted Image
Thanks NGNG for making available an image in good resolution.

#7177 Max OConnor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:43 AM

Any chance whoever painted this one
Posted Image

could paint the Template up too? I'd love to have this one in a larger scale.

#7178 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:45 AM

Here's an odd request. The Barghest was a quadmech essentially built off of the Bushwacker's fuselage. I am curious how it would look in MWO. The information on it states the legs on the Wacker were moved forward, and a second set mounted on the aft, which necessitated tonnage being increased to 70 tons. Being a quad, I would imagine it has no pelvis as they cannot torso twist.

Edit: Jesus, Juodas. That was fast!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 08 September 2016 - 10:48 AM.

#7179 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:11 AM

View PostMax OConnor, on 08 September 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

Any chance whoever painted this one

could paint the Template up too? I'd love to have this one in a larger scale.

This was done by Alex Iglesias himself (or anyone else at PGI). It's easier to ask him or anyone there the larger version.

EDIT: actually, the paint scheme is pretty easy to replicate on my template. Why don't you try it? ;)

View PostPariah Devalis, on 08 September 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

Edit: Jesus, Juodas. That was fast!

???

Edited by Odanan, 08 September 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#7180 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:13 AM

View PostOdanan, on 08 September 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

???

I'm pretty sure he went forward in time to "like" the post before it was even submitted. As soon as I made a super small edit, immediately after posting, it was liked. XD

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users