Art

7764 replies to this topic

#7601 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 09 September 2017 - 05:19 AM

View PostN F X, on 14 August 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

I made a simple template for the Worlds most beautiful Mad Cat Mk.II Artwork by Shimmering sword:

Posted Image
https://nfx007.devia...10%3A1502755870

And my repaint, Käpt'n Sharky:

Posted Image

Nothing amazing, i just wanted a picture of my personal MCII for my MRBC Mechwarrior Arena Profile.

It seems to have a curious "Wait, what was that?" look to it.

#7602 Justin Kase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMerryland

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:32 AM

Keep this stone rolling Posted Image

Trying out the old Highlander template by SightsOnYou - 1st Kearny Highlanders of the Northwind Highlanders.

Still need to chip the paint and crack the plates (that's what Maximillian Liao hates). Also, need to add some more decal details.

Edit - and apparently get rid of the ghostly outside glow Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Justin Kase, 10 September 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#7603 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:43 PM

Any chance we could get the Gallowglas in the game?
Posted Image

#7604 Justin Kase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMerryland

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

Would love to see that :D

#7605 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:45 AM

Slightly updated version, closer to the original art.
Posted Image

#7606 N F X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 691 posts
  • Location48°52.6′S 123°23.6′W

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:23 AM

Ridgebrook Capellan March Militia, Zeus ZEU-6S

Request from FLG01

Posted Image

Edited by N F X, 28 September 2017 - 09:02 AM.

#7607 Colonel Flamestalker

Rookie

• The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

Greetings Mechwarriors.
First, I’ll introduce myself. I play here occasionally as “Colonel Flamestalker”, I am usually found over on the HBS’s COMSTAR: The Global Battletech Community forums. https://community.battletechgame.com/forums. There I am “Flamestalker”.

Over on the HBS forums “LegendKiller”, with a few of us helping, is putting together a Unit Colour Compendium, Guideline to “Battletech” Unit colour palettes and paint schemes. This is very similar to CamoSpecs using PGI Artworks and put into a PDF format. We are working on a second revision now.

Odanan invited us to post our art work here. As I do not have any of my artwork stored online I seem unable to post it here at the moment.
You’re all welcome to drop by and have a look at what we have compiled so far. Here is the link to the page over at HBS’s COMSTAR: The Global Battletech Community forums.[/color]

UNIT COLOR COMPENDIUM (Comprehensive "Faction Color Palette Reference" Guide)
https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/4713?page=60

Edited by Colonel Flamestalker, 30 October 2017 - 10:48 PM.

#7608 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 October 2017 - 06:23 AM

Wow, going through this thread, it's sad how decimated it is by Photobucket's Hostage BS.

#7609 Justin Kase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMerryland

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

View PostColonel Flamestalker, on 30 October 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

Greetings Mechwarriors.
First, I’ll introduce myself. I play here occasionally as “Colonel Flamestalker”, I am usually found over on the HBS’s COMSTAR: The Global Battletech Community forums. https://community.battletechgame.com/forums. There I am “Flamestalker”.

Over on the HBS forums “LegendKiller”, with a few of us helping, is putting together a Unit Colour Compendium, Guideline to “Battletech” Unit colour palettes and paint schemes. This is very similar to CamoSpecs using PGI Artworks and put into a PDF format. We are working on a second revision now.

Odanan invited us to post our art work here. As I do not have any of my artwork stored online I seem unable to post it here at the moment.
You’re all welcome to drop by and have a look at what we have compiled so far. Here is the link to the page over at HBS’s COMSTAR: The Global Battletech Community forums.[/color]

UNIT COLOR COMPENDIUM (Comprehensive "Faction Color Palette Reference" Guide)
https://community.battletechgame.com/forums/threads/4713?page=60

I don't know why that never occured to me :P

Yes, I'm still alive but barely online again :(

But, Odanan and I do have something new for everyone to play with!

(I still have to do weathering and add some more details, but I didn't want to hold up Odanan from being able to post his template)

How about a Valkyrie :D

Posted Image
Joint effort between Odanan and I - with a lot of input from Sigil on what it might look like in MWO (based off the Wasp / Stinger templates).

Odanan even made a wonderful template for everyone to play with !

This is for the TRO 3028 project - which has contributions from many members of this thread. Sigil is working to release an update to it that includes some new 3028 era mechs - I'll post details when he does.

Thanks all!

#7610 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 11:16 AM

Still going.
>> lore and build <<

Posted Image

#7611 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:41 PM

View Postjjm1, on 04 November 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Still going.
>> lore and build <<

Posted Image

Oh. My. God.

#7612 N F X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 691 posts
  • Location48°52.6′S 123°23.6′W

Posted 05 November 2017 - 07:04 AM

View Postjjm1, on 04 November 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Still going.
>> lore and build <<

Daaaaaaaammnnnn, you are absoloutly crazy, i wish i could get on your level Posted Image

Edited by N F X, 05 November 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#7613 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:19 AM

View PostN F X, on 05 November 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

Daaaaaaaammnnnn, you are absoloutly crazy, i wish i could get on your level Posted Image

We all wish, buddy. I even offered one leg to the Gods of Arts, but they didn't want to close the deal so far.

#7614 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

Black Lanner template is ready!
Posted Image

#7615 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:36 AM

View PostJustin Kase, on 06 November 2016 - 06:05 AM, said:

Let me know if this doesn't work :

https://www.dropbox....late_A.psd?dl=0

..and THANK YOU Posted Image

Edit : JV suggested making the Stinger a bit taller - here it is next to the Commando.

Posted Image

Just saw this while looking for a screen of my Supernova and it slightly irked me, becausewhile I like the attempted scales...

...I gotta wonder if that's a Shadowhawk 2 or a Shadowhawk 5.

Because the 2s effectively have the same amount of armor as the Locust and Commando there, sometimes a tiny bit more... and as such the 2s were...small.

Posted Image

The 5th gen SHKs, made nearly 400 years later... are quite larger and closer in size to their 55 ton brothers, as opposed to being Hunchback sized. This was largely necessary for significantly greater armor and room to be able to internally contain the double heatsinks, XL engine and any structure/armor type improvements. (The artist is also the same guy that wrote the first Battletech novel, in which several mechs are given scales).

Side note because I thought of it: The Hunchback's drum is its ammunition compartment (for the 4SP its on the rear CT instead), since the Komiyaba Type VII chassis was too small to fit it inside or double heatsinks or anything of the like. Granted the DHS was ever rare, but the mech existed well in the time when DHS was popular and no variant ever got them in the 4th gen. The Kali-yama newly licensed and produced "Classic" Hunchback 4th gens are brand new, using the same taller and new Crucis Type V skeleton that they used for the 5th gen. Technically from then on the drum has been lost with only a counterweight in its place, unless fitted with double heatsinks then the drum comes back. (Kali-Yama did this **** move primarily to make sure that all 'new' HBK 4th gens are bought from them, as they would be incompatible with the 4G refit kits that had previously created all 4# variants, that parts would have to come from them, etc., etc., etc. As a result, the eventual 5H refit kit from the Marian Hegemony -- also responsible for many 4G refit kits of the Komiyaba Type VII chassis -- was made as a big "Screw you" to Kali-Yama Weapons Industries...and a new market of refit kits soon began again.

(Kinda want to see a HBK without the drum.)

Okay rant and lore dump done, checking out now.

#7616 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

I hope you guys enjoy this, because I'm exhausted.
Sun Spider template.
Posted Image

#7617 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:12 AM

Cheers Odanan, thank you for keeping this great thread alive! This micro-community is the best what happened to the MWO.

As for mutated Locust - it's fugly as hell. Alex 'Flying Debris' Iglesias must be exhausted by MWO, I'm afraid. I just read that pretension of a 'lore' for the Sun Spider and found it equally fugly in literary sense. Thus both concept art and it's lore complement each other, in a way.

P.S. Sorry for negativity in the thread but I'm loyal to my Oath of the Hatred of the Knight of N.O.P.E. Posted Image

#7618 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

Indeed, many thanks to yourself, Alex and all the other contributors for keeping the art of Battletech live and kicking!

#7619 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 10 December 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

Cheers Odanan, thank you for keeping this great thread alive! This micro-community is the best what happened to the MWO.

As for mutated Locust - it's fugly as hell. Alex 'Flying Debris' Iglesias must be exhausted by MWO, I'm afraid. I just read that pretension of a 'lore' for the Sun Spider and found it equally fugly in literary sense. Thus both concept art and it's lore complement each other, in a way.

P.S. Sorry for negativity in the thread but I'm loyal to my Oath of the Hatred of the Knight of N.O.P.E. Posted Image

I haven't been keen on either of PGI's in-house 'mechs, but I do want to say that I'm appreciative of them only doing it once a year, instead of going all out and making a bunch of these. I'm sure Alex (or possibly someone directing Alex) needs some variety in their lives, and the possibility to make a mark (in whatever form it may take) on the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe is doubtlessly desirable. That PGI has tempered the in-house designs with a yearly release is at least reflective of a moderation that I am grateful for.
That said, I've been fairly consistent in throwing down money for 3025 era 'mechs, and this has been less true for the others.

Have a Vindicator.
Posted Image

#7620 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:03 AM

View PostHayden, on 16 December 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

I haven't been keen on either of PGI's in-house 'mechs, but I do want to say that I'm appreciative of them only doing it once a year, instead of going all out and making a bunch of these. I'm sure Alex (or possibly someone directing Alex) needs some variety in their lives, and the possibility to make a mark (in whatever form it may take) on the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe is doubtlessly desirable. That PGI has tempered the in-house designs with a yearly release is at least reflective of a moderation that I am grateful for.
That said, I've been fairly consistent in throwing down money for 3025 era 'mechs, and this has been less true for the others.

Have a Vindicator.
Posted Image

He is alive! (and kicking)

Don't be a stranger, Hayden. Feel yourself at home. ;)
Nice repaint, BTW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users