ISN News Flash

14 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

Wed. Jan 11, 3049: Duke James Sandoval officially made Field Marshal, commander of the 50 ’Mech regiments of the Draconis March.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

Another bunch of FedRats trying to run against a wall? :P

#3 Scarlett Avignon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 913 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Better than being a bunch of limp-sword scum suckers.

#4 Glorius

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPesht, Pesht Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hmm... Another thanks to the FedCom free press. 50 regiments in Draconis March. Would you inform us about date and targets of your next operation, please.

#5 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:17 AM

If I remember my fluff (waiting on Ghost here) James Sandoval is one of the main reasons that Victor Steiner-Davion was never able to marry his Kuritan "Lady Friend". James was a proponent of the Draconis March seceding the FedCom if the marriage took place.

Edited by Mason Grimm, 11 January 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#6 Jerrard Cranston

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

I believe the Sandoval's were always something of a problem to be reined in, even for Hanse Davion.

Of course I'd get antsy too if I spent everyday waiting for the next Kurita raid.

#7 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

Posted Image

Duke James Sandoval is a native of Robinson in the Draconis March. A graduate of the Robinson Battle Academy at age 20, his military career was a fast-track to success--rising from lance to batallion command in just seven years, and earning the favor of Hanse Davion as well as a promotion to Major General of the 2nd Davion Guards with a reptutation as a skilled motivator. In 3022 he attended NAIS's War College under an unusual program, which had him teaching at the NAIS College of Military Science at the same time. Several years later he was named head of the Federated Commonwealth's first unit created under their new flag, the 1st Regimental Combat Team, and stationed in the Draconis March during the Fourth Succession War. This position naturally led to his appointment to command the Federated Commonwealth Corps, representing the military forces that belonged solely to the Federated Commonwealth, and not its member states. In the War of 3039 he was in charge of the main thrust towards an important Draconis Combine world, Benjamin. Despite the Combine counterattack later in the war that brought things to a brief stalemate, Sandoval believed they could still win the war and conquer the Combine. It was over his strident objections that the armistice was signed.
Sandoval was an important political figure in the years that followed, becoming an opponent of Victor Steiner-Davion over his romantic involvement with Omi Kurita. He remained fiercely loyal to the Draconis March in his hatred of the Combine, and threatened to secede the March if Victor married her.

Edited by Ghost, 11 January 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#8 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:42 AM

Pretty strange hate for a guy that has asian monastery monk type of hair. :P

#9 Skwisgaar Skwigelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationMordhaus

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:46 AM

View PostAdridos, on 11 January 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Pretty strange hate for a guy that has asian monastery monk type of hair. :P

I thought the same thing! Why style yourself after someone you don't like?

#10 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Look at that smile though. You can't trust a face like that.

#11 Khushrenada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 251 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostGhost, on 11 January 2012 - 09:35 AM, said:

In the War of 3039 he was in charge of the main thrust towards the Draconis Combine's capital world, Benjamin.

i might be missing something here, but since when did our coordinator give up on luthien as capital of the combine?
benjamin is the capital of the benjamin military district, but our coordinator will never turn his back on luthien as capital of the combine.

#12 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostKhushrenada, on 11 January 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

i might be missing something here, but since when did our coordinator give up on luthien as capital of the combine?
benjamin is the capital of the benjamin military district, but our coordinator will never turn his back on luthien as capital of the combine.

You got me! I'll fix it.

#13 verybad

• 4,229 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:45 PM

View PostGlorius, on 11 January 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Hmm... Another thanks to the FedCom free press. 50 regiments in Draconis March. Would you inform us about date and targets of your next operation, please.

Hai! An excellent idea if I do say myself. We are most grateful to the Federated Commonwealth's free press. We will be sure to provide them with a pleasant reception with this information.

While Mr. Sandoval may not like us, and we certainly do not like him. I must agree that any romantic ties betwen Omi Kurita (leader of the 5 Pillars) and that little gnome of a useless leader Victor Steine-Davion would be highly unseemly (thankfully that is only speculation at this point).

It would be best in my opinion if any ties between the Federation and the Combine are cut, and we get back to the business of war.

Edited by verybad, 11 January 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#14 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 11 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

this is the key to the hairstyle. Draconis March.

#15 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

View Postverybad, on 11 January 2012 - 02:45 PM, said:

Hai! An excellent idea if I do say myself. We are most grateful to the Federated Commonwealth's free press. We will be sure to provide them with a pleasant reception with this information.

Beleive what you want, thats what got the Capellans in trouble. January is information warfare month afterall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users