How many are remaining loyal to the Republic?

370 replies to this topic

Poll: Where do YOUR loyalties lie? (472 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will you fight for?

1. Republic: "You can have our worlds when you pry them from my cold, dead hands." (335 votes [70.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.97%

2. Dominion: "I for one welcome our new alien overlords." (46 votes [9.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.75%

3. Clans: "Arg! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" (91 votes [19.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAround the world ...

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostZaius Ex, on 10 February 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Ok. So are you guys actively opposed to CDS after having labeled them as traitors to the spirit of CSF, or is it one of those you shame your forefathers and we don't associate with you but we don't actively try to undermine you situations?

Sorry if you feel I'm prying into your unit's story. It has intrigued me and the prospect of fighting with the Sea Wolves as allies has intensified that intrigue. -finger steeple-

We did not label them as traitors as that would go against our spirit of being open and accepting culture. We do not actively try to undermine them, unless we are hired to do so. We are primarily a mercenary unit after all, and that would not give us contracts. CSF and CDS while the same clan have different manners of looking at things.

CDS went with the attributes of the diamond shark which is basically saying that they gave up on the Sea fox's way of life and fell into line with the Snow Ravens. (the ones who introduced a genetically created predator to wipe out the Sea Fox's) in a way of looking at it, it is a betrayal of the clan itself.

We will not actively seek to undermine them, many of us look at CDS as a completely different clan so there is no "bad Blood" between the two it is merely business. That being said, when the CSF finally come back around 3100 they are more inline with the original spirit of the clan, but by that point they operate as a primarily mercenary/Merchant clan to the point they have enclaves in almost every house, and live primarily in large city ships in space.

The current CSF members that we have are mostly people who like CSF as a clan because of their open and business like mentality, if called out for 1 on 1 combat we will do so, but otherwise like i stated earlier it is swarm tactics with lighter mechs. Obviously we adapt to IS style of fighting, easier then the rest of the clans given our penchent for working in together in small fast mechs.

In a sense the contract has become the honor, while we may follow the letter of the contract we also have an honor to follow the spirit of the contract as well :D

Edit - and yes ... the old symbol is waaaaay better then the CDS emblem :wub: hence the reason most of the Sea Wolves have the old Sea Fox symbol in their tags

Edited by Rabbit Blacksun, 10 February 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#82 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

Well I have to admit, your unit origin is pretty interesting. I imagine the Sea Wolf Exodus would be a good trilogy if it were written. One last question, though, and I'll my curiosity will be satiated: Are you going for the Sea Wolves arriving before or after Wolf's Dragoons?

#83 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

Given that my knowledge on Dragoons is a bit limited and I am unable to locate an exact date on when they changed to diamond shark merely that they did, how ever when the wolf's dragoons where sent out in 3005 the clan was already called diamond shark so I have to go with before the wolf's dragoons, so several generations would have passed in the meantime :) with those core families that came in passing down the lore to their children and others that where deemed acceptable to enter into the "clan" part of Sea Wolves.

If you where to look at it another way, the commanders of each unit (company) are those who are part of the clan, while the common soldier is treated with respect but they are not part of the clan (umm ... rather like having a free bondsman) when the mechwarrior reaches maturity and is considered ready they are shown the Sea Wolves past and promoted to the command structure. If they are not deemed acceptable then they are promoted but not given the real history of the Sea Wolves, obviously given how it is here, that part is a bit difficult so it had to get modified a bit or they just gave up trying to keep it secret after all at this point in time no one knows of the clans and who is going to believe them :)

Puts a whole new emphasis on the meaning of family run business xD

Edited by Rabbit Blacksun, 10 February 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#84 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

Cool. Yeah. I would totes read books about the exodus. Especially the assimilation back into the Inner Sphere way of combat.

#85 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

well that's actually a fairly easy transition for them since there way of combat was always considered "dishonorable" by a large majority of the clans, given their nature for working together, and their lack of larger chassis and their penchant for using mechs that they themselves bit to exclusion of all others, it doesn't seem to far a stretch to see them adapting fairly easily to the IS way of doing things. At least on one part, granted i can see issues of them breaking off the attack when it is down to a single light or medium class mech and going the one vs one route at that point, and if it is seen as a bit strange, it would be no different then many of the oddities that many mech warriors have

#86 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:20 PM

True. In that case assimilation wouldn't be much trouble at all. And any fancy tech would be attributed to a lucky star league cache find, same as Wolf's Dragoons. I would imagine Comstar would still be a pain in your side though. They don't like not knowing everything about everybody. >.>

#87 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

thats true ...

Ran with a planet in the outer fringes and the merc company itself remaining mostly on its ship for location lol, not like any one really goes to the periphery worlds :)

#88 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Indeed. They're kind of like the child that gets put in the background of all the family pictures.

#89 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

exactly and other then pirates no one cares about that particular child. so it leaves a lot of room for play

#90 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:51 PM

Leaving your training cadre behind as defenders gives you a chance to use the constant pirate fighting for some pretty brutal combat experience for novice pilots too. Nice little fluff tidbit that adds to why your "green" battalions fight like veterans, in addition to the CSF Sea Wolf (since you've already said it's a hybrid of Clan and IS combat styles) training methods.

#91 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

ja ... we put some thought behind it, figured it would make the most sense, being one of the deep periphery worlds, its easy to be "missed" by Com star, and gives them a plausible reason for not being as known as they are :)

#92 Zaius Ex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

Crafty, haha.

paranoia/
That does lead me to wonder if there is a group of players that consider themselves Com Guard Mechwarriors that are joining up with various factions and Merc units to get information on their members and fighting styles. Could be pretty advantageous to relay information to other members in another faction about enemy movements and completely screw over a unit.
/paranoia

#93 Frosty Thundertrod

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:58 PM

Spy alts are a staple of any set faction based PvP game

#94 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

mmmhmmm .... frosty has a point there, but fluff is fluff and with out proof its rather difficult :) soooo -claps hands together- i ....forgot where i was .... oh yes ....

#95 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Back on topic....

FRR forever! Live free or DIEEEEE!!!

#96 Tramalhas

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:40 AM

I say Live Free or Live killing those stopping our freedom.

#97 KillBox

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:12 AM

My life for the Republic... now, and forever.

Keep bringing the baddies - I'll line up thier wrecks in a nice metal wall.

#98 Jacob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

Its better to die free than live enslaved.

#99 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:44 AM

This is what I love about the FRR, no one cares that we eventually become a protectorate of comstar. All that matters now is killing Dracs and Clan test-tube babies

Edit: oh hey 100th post alright!

Edited by Watchit, 21 February 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#100 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

gaaaaah! why does it keep saying I have unread posts in this thread if i'm the last one to have posted!!! D: lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users