45 replies to this topic

#1 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

We have seen discussion of the differences between Mercenary (Player-run) Units and House Units. The FRR already has several Mercenary units in play. This thread is for those who are seriously considering fighting as a member of one of the FRR Kungsarmé units.

I will start off with myself: Dayuhan, 1st Freeman, stationed on Last Frontier.

Additionally,
If you are planning on joining a House Unit, and you are in the Beta, go ahead and send me a Friend request and we will try to put a Unit together.

Edited by Dayuhan, 03 August 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#2 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Well I hope to be ablke to be a proud member of the 2nd Hussars right from the start. If not possible, I'll see to it that I can get transfered ASAP.

No wonder that is my goal with the sig i'm carrying around. :P

I really do wonder if we can keep "lower" military ranks while getting the perks of having a higher rank/loyalty level.

Edited by Faenwulf, 03 August 2012 - 12:00 PM.

#3 Someone2000

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm going to be in a house unit, I dont know which one exactly, just a recon and souting unit.

#4 Redheat

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

not sure at the moment it will all depend on the number of players on ,I get home 12am pst

#5 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

Posted Image
was what I was going with at first, who knows lol I think to start Id rather join a "existing" company rather than try to start up my own especially with no friends in game to start with (Im used to bringing my IRL friends to MMOs an my IRL friends hate games like this and were never into BT or MW).

So whats a good Fire support unit?
I perfer raining death from afar

Edited by 514yer, 06 August 2012 - 03:39 AM.

#6 PanzerSwe

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

I will wait and see if I joine a house unit or not.

#7 UberPatriot

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

(free bump)
i would have to agree with PanzerSwe it is still to early to figure out where but this feels like the right home for me!

#8 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

Ithink i might be making a brigade or corp for the FRR my goal as of now is a company (3 lances) we will be called "Whale Squirrels"
I am makeing the image; it will be awesome! it is not breaking cannon because the Federated Suns had brigades and corps that where there armies.

http://www.sarna.net..._Federated_Suns
I used the Fed Suns because when you look up FRR it has none but all other houses have brigades and corps so why not the Free Rasalhague Republic!

Anyone else making brigades that are the inner workings of the FRR? Not merc units but companies in the Free Rasalhague Republic.

Edited by Blaze32, 06 August 2012 - 09:26 PM.

#9 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:03 AM

You won't be able to set up a completely new unit for a House/Faction. You will only be able to join the canon ones or make a Merc Corp that affiliates itself with the FRR.

But Sarna has information on the FRR Units, you just need to look at the right place. Which is here by the way. There's not as much as with the other Factions, but thats because the FRR has only palyed a minor role in all books etc.

#10 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:50 AM

Also in the pinned History at the top of our board you will find pretty much a cut and paste from the 20 Year Update Battletech book. It lets you know how the FRR House units were organized.

#11 Black Metallic

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Have to see whats out there first, but partial to Gunzberg.

#12 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostFaenwulf, on 07 August 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

You won't be able to set up a completely new unit for a House/Faction. You will only be able to join the canon ones or make a Merc Corp that affiliates itself with the FRR.

Darn only join cannon ones i guess i will join the 1st drakons, but i guess I could make my idea work by being with a group of friends and give our company a nickname...

Do you know if you can switch canon units like if i want to piolt a light instead of my normal Catapult can i change to hussars and switch back when i want to do heavys again or is it set in stone...

Edited by Blaze32, 07 August 2012 - 11:01 AM.

#13 PanzerSwe

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Will of course fight all enemies of the FRR but still there are is a small peace with both Lyran and Draconis.
Wonder how long that will last :)

#14 Red squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostBlaze32, on 06 August 2012 - 09:24 PM, said:

Ithink i might be making a brigade or corp for the FRR my goal as of now is a company (3 lances) we will be called "Whale Squirrels"
I am makeing the image; it will be awesome! it is not breaking cannon because the Federated Suns had brigades and corps that where there armies.

I like the name :D too bad it seems not to be possible to create new units?

#15 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

Only merc units for the time being.

They've said they'd like to find a way to allow for player-created or controlled Faction units somewhere down the road, but I think you'd be waiting quite a while.

#16 Drudgewerk

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

Where exactly is the FRR located? I've been out of the TT game for a while and I can't place it. Is there a link to a map somewhere?

Many thanks!

#17 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Here you go, lad!

The blue part is the FRR.

#18 Drudgewerk

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostFaenwulf, on 08 August 2012 - 07:39 AM, said:

Here you go, lad!

The blue part is the FRR.

AHA! Thank you very much!

Been thinking of going that direction, just needed to know where it was. ;)

#19 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

No problem. I'm always helping out fellow FRR- Members and possible recruits. ;)

#20 iiiTRiBEiii

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWest of Boston MA

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

View PostFaenwulf, on 07 August 2012 - 01:03 AM, said:

But Sarna has information on the FRR Units, you just need to look at the right place. Which is here by the way. There's not as much as with the other Factions, but thats because the FRR has only palyed a minor role in all books etc.

Great historical reference there Faenwulf. Being that I am a Jenner pilot through and through I would like it very much to support the Drakøns Unit as a member of the Hussars Unit, I can also recon with the Kavalleri Unit but that goes without saying, recon, teamwork and communication are key, oh and don't forget the blasting!

I can fire away all day & night all the while cooking along at 140.8 KPH. Just unlocked my first Elite Perk and took speed increase, paired with a 300XL, this boat cuts along nicely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users