45 replies to this topic

#21 Wooj

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 61 posts
  • LocationSparta, IL

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

I plan to be in a house unit with the FRR. Due to my love of heavies (I was a Lyran in a past life) I would be best suited for the Drakøns, preferably the 3rd since, unlike the other Drakøns, there is a good amount of info on the 3rd on Sarna.net.

#22 Gingo

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

My prefererence for the Hunchback probably means I'll join one of the Freemen units. The 1st sounds good.

#23 Vhyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

I know I have a fed sun portrait but i'm thinking of joining the FRR with the 3rd Drakons. I prefer the Awesome, so will more than likely be driving that either in the Fed Suns or FRR.

#24 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

FedSuns have more than enough players.
Join us and you'll be part of epic battles while we stem the incoming tide from the clans!

And as an FRR member you can also kill Snakes. You can only win!

#25 Vhyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

Yeah I'll switch to FRR, they are my favorite faction.

#26 Faenwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Nice choice, man.
Then let me be the first to welcome you in our ranks!

#27 Vhyle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationNewark, Ohio

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Thanks, it should be cool to see my Awesome in Kungsarmee colors, then later hopefully I can score a Maddog, or maybe even the scary Dire Wolf if the Devs bring that puppy in. A Kodiak would be sweet, too. I always liked the Kodiak, and it melds nicely with the Norse Viking theme of the FRR, at least in my opinion.

#28 Ledaal Liao

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

I'd like to join Gunzburg Eagles.

#29 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hopefully one of the Freemen or one of the Drakøns units.

#30 Solver

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSweden, Örebro

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

I have fully enjoyed the Mechwarrior games, but i have never realy taken the time to learn the lore, so i'm not sure if i will join a FRR assosiated merc unit or a house unit.
I think i want to join a house unit, just have to figure out how to do that...
Altas or jenner are the mechs i enjoy the most, so once again not sure where to go, Leaning towards Gunzburg Eagles and my atlas as main.

#31 Laserking of Murdervania

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

What's the CRAZIEST unit in the FRR? Because I think that's probably where I belong.

#32 Ulfried Tohrsson

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 39 posts
  • Locationeastgermany

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

I´m not shure what House unit i will join. but Drakon and Hussars will be my Favorits.

Ulfried

#33 Aodr Arnarson

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

No clue. One moment... -reading Battletech Lore, please wait...- K, either the Kavalleri, Hussars, or Freemen depending on location. I'd like to be on the front when the Clans invade. Drakons might be a strong possibility, I prefer heavies tbh.

#34 Dayuhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 385 posts
  • LocationCarse

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostLaserking of Murdervania, on 22 September 2012 - 02:01 AM, said:

What's the CRAZIEST unit in the FRR? Because I think that's probably where I belong.

There is not much lore available, but in one of the books a Gunzburg Eagle Aerospace pilot decides to suicide into a warship when her aerospace fighter is damaged in battle. The 1st Freeman on Last Frontier a mostly green training unit stood up against an elite Clan unit and even took out their Commander before being completely destroyed.

Edited by Dayuhan, 01 October 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#35 Einstein

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNiagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostWooj, on 14 August 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

I plan to be in a house unit with the FRR. Due to my love of heavies (I was a Lyran in a past life) I would be best suited for the Drakøns, preferably the 3rd since, unlike the other Drakøns, there is a good amount of info on the 3rd on Sarna.net.

nicely stated, about Sarna.net. Wooj. I also want to join the 3rd Drakons. Want to be a medium support mech though.

hopefully i see you at the front <_<

Edited by Einstein, 02 October 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#36 Revage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationCoos Bay, OR

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

I don't keep a ridgid schedule with gaming, but I'm intending to serve the FFR as a stand-by if folks want to add me to their friends list for invite when they're a body shot. Resume follows:

I've played Mechwarrior since 2, all the expansions in that series, 3 and 4 Mercs, and both Mech Commanders. I almost exclusively pilot assault, an Atlas outfitted with two large lasers, two medium lasers and two LRM 20 racks. My gameplay tactic is generally to hang near the base to guard against rushers, moving to a position where I can support-bombard from with the LRMs and large lasers until I am either confident I know we are not going to be rushed, or requested to move up the line. My most common death occurs when I get surrounded by heavies and above, regard the situation as futile due to their condition, then spamming the override key while unloading my lasers at the enemies cores to try and bring down a few with me and ease the burden on those that remain.

Game name is as forums, Revage

#37 Uragiri Miyuki

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Won't be able to play a whole lot, but love the lore. Husband and I are both staying faction to kick some Clan rear and for love of the FRR. I prefer scouting... but I also suck cause I'm new. :)

#38 Vengeance1

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

I honestly don't know. I'm kinda bouncing between Davion (least likely of my choices), FRR ( second of my choices), and being a money grubbing, no good for nothin, salvage stealin, merc. (Currently first choice). I Haven't made any decisions, maybe just kinda stay lone wolf... who knows. Either way, feel free to send me an invite in game.

#39 joedawg39s

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 239 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm not going to commit to anything until we know more about CW but, i am deff leaning KungsArmé. As far as units i don't think they will keep cannon on this and make it weight based. Since they intended for all weight classes to have a role they would allow you to pilot whatever mech you want regardless of unit. I would guess you start off in the Kavalleri or freemen and then you can get transferred to other units with faction loyalty points or whatever the house currency is. If it tries to drop you with players from the same unit anyway. That being said drakøns or 1st tyr.

Edited by joedawg39s, 14 January 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#40 gamingogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

I will be playing as/for the house. So far all I do is pug. Not sure what my plans are when this part roles out beyond the one fact that i'll be FRR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users