Clan Mechs

38 replies to this topic

#1 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:49 PM

Alright so the Clan Invasion did not arrive until 3050, and the game is supposed to take place 3015, right? BUT the Dragoons showed up in 3005, with a bunch of clan mechs. SO: Will we be seeing any of the Dragoon's mechs?

#2 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

I am pretty sure the game takes place in 3049-3050 and the Dragoons were simply using lostech, not clan mechs though I may be wrong with that a bit.

#3 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:52 PM

... sorry, I'm young and I'm not as wise on the history as most, but was it during the F=Dragoon's recon that the Timber Wolf first showed up?

#4 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostPetroff Northrup, on 14 January 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

I am pretty sure the game takes place in 3049-3050 and the Dragoons were simply using lostech, not clan mechs though I may be wrong with that a bit.

they did have the Imp I know that. And Annihilator.

#5 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

View PostPetroff Northrup, on 14 January 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

as for the year, wasn't that video with the Warhammer and Atlas a trailer for this game?

#6 Helltiger

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 January 2012 - 07:58 PM

it has been a little while since I read up on Battletech line of events, but from what I remember, the Dragoons did have clan mechs when they first showed up.

#7 Nerts

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostHelltiger, on 14 January 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

it has been a little while since I read up on Battletech line of events, but from what I remember, the Dragoons did have clan mechs when they first showed up.

I'm nearly sure they just had lostech that the clans also had, not tech developed by the clans, don't quote me on that though, I'd need to look it up.

#8 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Well Sarna Net says they had at least the Imp and Annihilator. Besides a few books, I supplement most of my facts from there, but as a youngster I dunno how reliable it is. Seems legit though, has a huge database.

#9 Pel Morba

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationHoth Dakota

Posted 14 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

Copied from Wolf's Dragoons

They were equipped with what the Clans erroneously believed to be an average lineup of outdated BattleMechs, supposed to make them appear wholly inconspicuous: Five regiments of ’Mechs, including designs that were either essentially extinct in the Inner Sphere (such as the Flea, Falcon, and Hoplite) or had never before been seen there (such as the Imp and the Annihilator), complemented with likewise extraordinary support units, Dropships, and Jumpships. The Dragoons also had Hephaestus Station, a (mobile) space station with a BattleMech assembly line for the Dragoons' exclusive ARC-2W subvariant of the Archer.

Edited by Pel Morba, 14 January 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#10 Larry Headrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

View PostPeachy Davion, on 14 January 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

as for the year, wasn't that video with the Warhammer and Atlas a trailer for this game?

No this was a vid for Mechwarrior 5.
Which later turned into mechWarriorMercenaries Online. The vid is a one shot and doesent represent this game. We do not have any actual game footage release yet.

#11 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:08 PM

View PostLarry Headrick, on 14 January 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

No this was a vid for Mechwarrior 5.
Which later turned into mechWarriorMercenaries Online. The vid is a one shot and doesent represent this game. We do not have any actual game footage release yet.

so like when are the test run vids from a few days ago gonna be put up?

#12 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVan Zandt

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

Didn't the Clans show up in the middle of 3049?

*checks Lethal Heritage*

Yup. August 13, 3049. Knowing my luck if the Clans do invade it will be the one time where I'm kicking @ss instead of just surviving battles.

#13 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

litmus test? hah. i dont know it depends on my mood...
BUT ANYWAY, Mech Warrior 3 intro, you know what they say... "Die Clanner!"

#14 S3dition

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

View PostPeachy Davion, on 14 January 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Alright so the Clan Invasion did not arrive until 3050, and the game is supposed to take place 3015, right? BUT the Dragoons showed up in 3005, with a bunch of clan mechs. SO: Will we be seeing any of the Dragoon's mechs?

A little reading goes a long ways.

#15 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostS3dition, on 14 January 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

eheh, thanx bru.
btw, why the warhammer? not a great legal move....

#16 Alistair Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 516 posts
  • LocationFlorence, SC

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostPeachy Davion, on 14 January 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

eheh, thanx bru.
btw, why the warhammer? not a great legal move....

It's an iconic 'Mech. Until the Mad Cat, I'm fairly certain it was the mascot of BattleTech, legal issues and all. If the Warhammer makes it into the game, then it will be a huge victory for the franchise, being able to bring back one of the most beloved Unseens. I still get goosebumps seeing them in MWLL.

#17 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

They did not rep the warhammers very well in the MEKTEK MW4 mercs make

#18 Nav

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 258 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostPeachy Davion, on 14 January 2012 - 07:52 PM, said:

... sorry, I'm young and I'm not as wise on the history as most, but was it during the F=Dragoon's recon that the Timber Wolf first showed up?

The first reported sighting of a Timber Wolf, was when it showed up during a pirate hunting mission conducted by the Kell Hounds, in The Rock system of the Oberon Confedration; located in the coreward periphery (above Lyran and Free Rasalhague Republic Space). Reports were that the targeting computer could not decide on the Mech in question being a Catapult or a Marauder. Hence the nickname of MadCat. :D

#19 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

The Dragoons brought, what the Clans expected to be, and they themselves considered old or second line equipment. But to the Inner Sphere, not even many of the houses had the kind of kit, or in the condition the Dragoons did. The Annihilator was a Star League mech which never got off the drawing board before the Exodus. The Clans ended up building them. The Imp was the first Battlemech constructed by Clan Wolf, designed as a Command Mech, and outlined by Nicolas Kerensky. Everything else the Dragoons had were Star League tech. Some of which had been totally lost to the Inner Sphere via the Succession Wars.

All of the Dragoon mechs come 3005 were downgraded to level 1 tech. Come 3049 / 3050 The Dragoons are indeed in possession of Clan Mechs, or at least the designs and means to build some Clan Wolf Omni Mechs, and Elementals. Their production facilities would of begun tooling up for if not started production of the Dire Wolf come 3049. They also were able to construct Clan weapons. and produce much of the Clan technology. Many of their mechs around this time would of been updated to Clan kit. So the downgraded Imp and Annihilator for example being fullfit with Clan weapon loadouts, Clan double heatsinks and such. But this stuff is ONLY available to the Wolf's Dragoons. They did not give the Inner Sphere direct and unrestricted access to Clan technology. The only way you'd get to use Clan tech would to be in the Wolf's Dragoons at this stage.

Edited by John Clavell, 15 January 2012 - 03:22 AM.

#20 Charlic Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

Now that is what I call informative. :D

Edited by Peachy Davion, 15 January 2012 - 10:09 AM.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users