Building a Solid Base for Greater Things

25 replies to this topic

#1 THE 3rdbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:45 AM

Fellow Capellans, with Xin-Sheng years away, I would like to put forth this idea:Attack the Free Worlds League to build a power base for our eventual counter-strike.
In the scenario I am envisioning, the Capellan Confederation would take a swath of planets that are not under the control of any internal division of the Free Worlds League, but that instead stretch between the Oriente Protectorate and the Duchy of Anduerian. The worlds are Shen-Wuan, Ipswitch, Goodna, Iknogoro, Cronulla, Wallachia, Kujarl, scarborough, and Furud. Not only were most of these planets of Capellan ancestry, but some are not even posted with military units(Goodna, Iknogoro, Kujari). Another side result would be that by taking this swatch of planets we would isolate the Duchy from the Oriente Protectorate, maybe even allowing them to throw off the yoke that the Marks have put on them. The main military forces would easily be nullified by the taking Cronulla, as that is where the largest threat of the BlackHeart mercenary command is stationed at this time. The production in this area is concentrated in Scarborough Limited industries which is easily taken, but could be used to increase political clout if the confederation were to send the garrisioning force(the defenders of Anduerian) back home without too much hurt.

Anyway, I was just speculating on an idea I had. If anyone has comments please feel free to say.But until the game actually comes out, I leave it to the higher intelligence of our commanders.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

We still have a cease fire with them and should consider them as allies. As much as we are backstabbers, we are strategists too and because we know what Fed Com wants to do after 4th Succession Wars, we have to make as much allies as possible, not enemies. :)

#3 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

And what is it exactly that we wish to do my Capellan friend :)

#4 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostWilliam Knight, on 16 January 2012 - 07:48 AM, said:

And what is it exactly that we wish to do my Capellan friend ;)

Managing our worlds until we come back. :)

#5 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 16 January 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

Managing our worlds until we come back. ;)

On that note I am proud to announce the grand opening of several new Quiki Woks. They are, coincidentally only I assure you, strategically placed on a least time route between Sian and New Avalon. The newest is actually right next door to the NAIS. Feel free to drop in for a quick bite. :)

#6 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostKyll Long, on 16 January 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

On that note I am proud to announce the grand opening of several new Quiki Woks. They are, coincidentally only I assure you, strategically placed on a least time route between Sian and New Avalon. The newest is actually right next door to the NAIS. Feel free to drop in for a quick bite. :)

Not really in the mood for chinese right now.

#7 HIemfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

If not Oriental Cuisine then you could try the Vlad's Pirozhok Hut that is open next door to every Quiki Wok. Sure to have a pie to your taste. The all you can drink Kvass bar is only 5 C-Bills extra with every order.

Edited by HIemfire, 16 January 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#8 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostKyll Long, on 16 January 2012 - 11:11 AM, said:

View PostHIemfire, on 16 January 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

If not Oriental Cuisine then you could try the Vlad's Pirozhok Hut that is open next door to every Quiki Wok. Sure to have a pie to your taste. The all you can drink Kvass bar is only 5 C-Bills extra with every order.

Jus what we need....food supplys on our Journey to N.A. ;) Now as long as there is a cigar bar with cognac...next to those...we have it made. :)

#9 HIemfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:26 AM

View PostMetro, on 17 January 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

Jus what we need....food supplys on our Journey to N.A. :) Now as long as there is a cigar bar with cognac...next to those...we have it made. ;)

I'm sure a humidor could be added to some of the Pirozhok Huts. As for cognac........ Sigh.. Unfortunatly getting it from Terra is quite the problem now a days, what with the mongrels blocking the trade routes. Now I know of a grape derived brandy alternative to cognac that is made on Randar that is quite exquisite. It isn't "Cognac" but it is sure as close as one can get with out being on Terra right now.

#10 metro

• 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

Looks like I will be hiring out a couple of smuggling operations in the near future.

#11 KeifferTron3000

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

i heard that we were getting allies, so i gotta ask whos gonna back us up in a fight?

#12 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Did you not hear? Capellans are despised by all.

#13 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:52 AM

View PostKeifferTron3000, on 07 March 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

i heard that we were getting allies, so i gotta ask whos gonna back us up in a fight?

A few mercenary gropus, but that is all.
Yeah, joining a nation which had some communistic features in a game written in 80s is not very easy fact. ;)

But do not worry. Brain is more than muscles and skill is more than trash-talk. And we are known for both our great skill and minds (and I am for my trash-talking <_< ).

On a serious note, we are more than able to get to New Avalon ourselves. B)

Edited by Adridos, 08 March 2012 - 04:52 AM.

#14 Karel Spaten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHallam

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

O_o

#15 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

... I feel there are flaws in the logic applied to this situation, but cannot tell what.

#16 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostPetroff Northrup, on 08 March 2012 - 09:25 AM, said:

... I feel there are flaws in the logic applied to this situation, but cannot tell what.

Logic? Since when are we known for logic?
I mean, we've got Romano for a leader, after all...

#17 Bernardo Sinibaldi

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationThe Perfumed Garden, Cathay

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostKeifferTron3000, on 07 March 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

I'll back you up. Keep the funds flowing and I'll keep the shots coming.

#18 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostExilyth, on 08 March 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

Logic? Since when are we known for logic?
I mean, we've got Romano for a leader, after all...

You know things are spiraling out of control when Romano Liao is the voice of reason. :P

#19 KeifferTron3000

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

oh ok i waswonderin because i heard someone was gonna make a treaty or something like that. and i agree, brains are better!

#20 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

View PostKeifferTron3000, on 09 March 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Oh, ok, I was wondering, because I heard someone was gonna make a treaty or something like that. And I agree, brains are better!

Treaty of Kapteyn.

It is a cease-fire agreement between us, Kuritans and Marik to counter Fed Rats.
It boosted research production, etc., but it is not as "official", as Federated Commonwealth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users