Who is looking forward to this too?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Fence

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationYour Mother's Cockpit... Wait...

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:11 AM

Not to insight a flame war of superiority here but I surely can't be the only one anticipating this: http://www.hawkengame.com/flash.html as well as MW... can I?

#2 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

I'm looking forward to it, but it is a completely different style of mech game. It won't fill that void in my heart that Mechwarrior can. :)

#3 Fence

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationYour Mother's Cockpit... Wait...

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

I agree with you there. It seems like it's going to feel like a "lighter" game in terms of the game play... In my mind I kind of associate MW and Gears of War together (both seem to have this heavy cover-based gameplay associated with them) while Hawken seems like it might be comparable to TF2.

Dunno, just my two cents.

#4 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:24 AM

Reminds me of Heavy Gear meets Call of Duty or something like that.

Sadly, I am an uber nerd and a mech snob. Mechwarrior and Battletech are the only 'Mech style games that I'm interested in although I will state that the graphics are very nice!!!

#5 Elpeo Ple

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

Can't wait for this, the more mech related games, the better. :)

#6 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

Yep, looks like a fun game.

I'm a huge fan of the BT/Mechwarrior franchise , but I don't game in a vacuum . I can appreciate other games for what they offer and intend to do. Wether they are Board Games, miniatures, computer games, console games, etc

I enjoy playing ARMA2, yet can turn around and play a "Arcade shooter" like COD.

Just because PGI is serving up Filet mignon with Lobster tails doesn't mean I can't enjoy a hot dog on occasion. Hawken looks like it could potentially be a fun game.

Edited by Helmer, 17 January 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#7 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

It looks great but the mechs are just too small.

#8 AH Warhawk

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 61 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:36 PM

I hope all the hype is true.

#9 DSADragoon

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

I've definitely been keeping my eye on it and will probably check it out. Pretty awesome job that they're doing. I'm not a fan of gundam type hyper robots, I like my mechs to still be machines controlled by people, not crazy-morphing-flying-backlipping-ninja-bots ... so I do like that about Hawken...though it's definitely a lot more arcadey which I'm iffy about.

#10 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

If you guys can't wait to steer a mech and shoot your enemies with fast firing guns you can join the beta for Hawken with this link:

https://playhawken.com/?ref=6yaxukw4

If this is not allowed in the forum mods please delete this post and not me. It's for the fun!

#11 Matchstick

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

it looks cool but to me it looks like a update of S.L.A.I. with the way the mechs look.

#12 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:09 PM

View PostBSK, on 06 February 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

If you guys can't wait to steer a mech and shoot your enemies with fast firing guns you can join the beta for Hawken with this link:

If this is not allowed in the forum mods please delete this post and not me. It's for the fun!

with their beta coming out in December, this game coming out in the Summer... I think I will be well invested with plenty of time here. I will probably still give Hawken a spin. I am sure it is going to be fun, but it being made on the xbox, which means it will probably be ported to the PC... I am not as excited as a PC only Mechy goodness game.

#13 h0UNd

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 81 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostBSK, on 06 February 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

I posted a thread about this 2 days or so ago. It was insinuated by one forum user (unnamed) that the recruitment process to attain your 'pilot' name was quote: 'classless'. Needless to say, with that kind of negativity in the first post I had the thread removed by moderators.

I like the comparison betwen fine dining and a stadium hot-dog. No reason one can't enjoy both, especially since this new 'IP' helps to promote the 'mecha' aspect of the gaming genre - which in y mind has a lot of fails to make up for - Front Mission Evolved I'm looking at you. I doubt it will be very sim focussed and more MP/FPS objective based instant gratification.

Edited by h0UNd.., 09 February 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#14 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Well iirc I am probably that un-named user. I did not say it was classless. I had said that YOU linking your referral link for YOUR pilot to give you an advantage in possibly getting a beta key was classless. That referral link is meant for your friends, not to toss in a public forum so it looks like you recruited 50 of your buddies to sign up for Hawken.

I went and suggested people go to the non referred Hawken pilot registration. Keep it fair.

I did not harp on BSK because his link is half way down the thread so a user would click the non referral link in the OP.

:o

#15 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostMason Grimm, on 16 January 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Mechwarrior and Battletech are the only 'Mech style games that I'm interested in

I'd sell my right torso for a decent Robotech sim! Although given a choice BT hands down every time.

#16 h0UNd

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 09 February 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Well iirc I am probably that un-named user. I did not say it was classless. I had said that YOU linking your referral link for YOUR pilot to give you an advantage in possibly getting a beta key was classless. That referral link is meant for your friends, not to toss in a public forum so it looks like you recruited 50 of your buddies to sign up for Hawken.

I went and suggested people go to the non referred Hawken pilot registration. Keep it fair.

I did not harp on BSK because his link is half way down the thread so a user would click the non referral link in the OP.

:D

IIRC you weren't the individual I am thinking of - I would recognise your user name CoffiNail :wub: . The individual I spoke of used the word 'classless' and did not make an attempt to redirect others to an offical link.

If in fact I'm wrong and you are the individual I'm referring to - I also remember that it was "not personal" , but seeing as the marketing techniques are not what is being critiqued, one can only assume - it is personal.

Ergo, because I started the thread, I was not entitled to post my link to gain the supposed advantage of <shock> a user name?

Niiiice.

I will admit to being home that day when I recieved the news and as such most of my friends were offline - I chose to expedite the process, and conduct a bit of promotion in a place I assumed would be an appropriate and appreciative venue.

Do you have another user account? Perhaps you are mistaken as to which account you were logged in on :D .

EDIT: Drink spelling

Edited by h0UNd.., 10 February 2012 - 07:00 AM.

#17 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

Nope this is my only account. It might not have been me, as I honestly do not think i would have used a word like classless haha now that i think about it. But I did reply to a Hawken post somewhere with my above reasoning hehe.

Oh well, water under the bridge as they say, quiaff?

#18 Zerik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 158 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:36 AM

Definantly looking forward to trying out Hawken...Being the variety gamer that I am, there's just something innately cool about a mech shooter that you can jump in and slap steel.
That said though, I've been itching for a game like MechWarrior Online for almost a decade. That's a pretty powerful itch!
Also, while it's safe to say MechWarrior Online is my most anticipated game now that I've poured a week or two worth of playtime into Skyrim, I love all games I like equally...Some just more equally than others.

#19 h0UNd

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 10 February 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

Nope this is my only account. It might not have been me, as I honestly do not think i would have used a word like classless haha now that i think about it. But I did reply to a Hawken post somewhere with my above reasoning hehe.

Oh well, water under the bridge as they say, quiaff?

In the parlance of the blood of Kerensky: Aff

Edited by h0UNd.., 10 February 2012 - 06:58 AM.

#20 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:41 AM

just leave this here
http://www.pcgamer.c...egends-backers/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users