Your favorite enemy faction(s)

38 replies to this topic

#21 Cong Min Voronkov

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Posttrycksh0t, on 16 January 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

Most hated all-around: Liao. Stop sending Mercs against me you sissies.

It’s not easy being green. :)

#22 Dlardrageth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationF.R.G.

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:15 PM

Infidel unbelieving scum that cannot see the true wisdom in the immortal words of Jerome Blake. Thus basically most of the IS... :)

#23 Undead

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostAlaskan Viking, on 16 January 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

And some of the "trueborn" posters on here come off as being really elitist snobs, who kind of make me angry and sad for them at the same time because they have no real reason or right to be elitist or snobby at all.

Well, some people enjoy roleplaying on the forums too, no biggie. I'm guilty of that, but I keep it in the Clan forum.

OT, favorite enemies are Clan Wolf and the Draconis Combine. Honorable warriors. Most hated is the Word of Blake. Not a fan of the jihad era at all, so that doesn't help.

#24 Kooroush Azartash

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostAlaskan Viking, on 16 January 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

IS the word of Blake going to be in the game though? I thougth that came later? And Yeah, from what I know about them I don't like them either, but just because it seems like a really weak story, doesn't even deserve to be cannon as far as I'm concerned.

No, I don't think so. I believe the game will start in 3049 kinda on the onset or just before the clan invasions take full swing. Word of Blake reveals itself 3057ish, so it is quite a bit later. I just really don't like their philosophy. And I like how so many factions united to defeat them, IS and clan.

#25 Glorius

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationPesht, Pesht Military District, Draconis Combine

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

My first option was FedSuns, but after reading some posts here, I with pleasure choose Rasalhague Military District.

*roleplay off* Actually I hate WoB *roleplay on*

#26 Starne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:45 AM

My favorite enemies in the order that I'll be able to fight them:

Draconis Combine: Neo-feudalist(Yes, the whole IS is neo-feudalist, but they take it beyond the impossible) samurai wannabes. I just want to take them down a peg. Or two. Or three.

Capellan Confederation: Space Commies. All of the other successor states at least pretend to give their citizens individual liberty, not these guys. Plus, the whole 'The few must sacrifice for many' bit really puts me off.

All of the Clans(Except Ghost Bear and Diamond Shark): I've made my hatred of the Clans quite evident, there's no need to repeat it here.

Word of Blake: Crazy religous fanatics that kill billions of people in the name of a freaking TeleCommunications mogul. There's a special place in hell reserved for them.

Edited by Starne, 17 January 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#27 DFDelta

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

1. House Davion.
Dragged us into their wars while calling themselves our "allies", forcing us to police their conquered hostile worlds and then when we were facing annihilation and needed them the most they were of absolutely no use to us. Not to mention that when we finally got rid of them again their prince came and dragged us into a civil war.

2. Jade Falcon
Hostile invaders attacking us without any prior provocation, but still claiming the moral high ground by talking about bringing us peace and the star league. Almost as bad as those abusive treacherous Davies.

3. House Marik
The enemy I have fought most over my years as a loyal lyran pilot. I don't really have anything against them, they just happen to be my most fought enemies.

#28 God of War

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationGermany/Stuttgart

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

Left Jab - Lioa
Right hook - Kurita

#29 proktor

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Locationthe netherlands

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

the bottlebabies(clans) are my favorite enemies.
can not wait to put my crosshairs on those arrogant, overconfident, cool mech owning thrashborn.

#30 Elpeo Ple

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

View Postproktor, on 17 January 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

the bottlebabies(clans) are my favorite enemies.

That made me chuckle.

I personally dislike the WoB, though they have some pretty sweet mech and battle armour designs.

#31 IxxxI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

2 topic starter: Thanks for the topic, I really enjoy reading the replies))

I have meet enough fanatics in my life to afraid and hate them greatly. Any type of narrowminded idiots, doesn't matter what they do believe in: Word of Blake, "justice" of Davions, "right" of Steiner, "the only way" of Kurita, "law" of Liao or anything else are my sworn enemies, giving me joy in destroying them. I sympathize Liao and Kuria though, these houses are poorly described in vast majority of BT novels by unpretentious authors, what makes them to be choosen enemies of dull-witted folks mostly (IMO, of course, I do accept the free choice of any faction by mature humans). So, in general, I prefer to fight against specific people (specific by point of view) behind the pixels in any MMO, not against exact Great House, Clan, faction, whatever. Forum and such topics just help me to find my "preferred enemies". See you all in battle!

P.S. Arghhh, forgot to mention Marik, I don't like that House too. Lets say they are too faceless.
P.P.S. Rasalhague Rebuplic is OK for me, the only faction I feel neutral with, but it's just a future feud of Ghost Bear Clan, nobody sees it like anything else, I believe. Speaking about MWO launch period, I will try to fight both FRR and DCMs side to find out most intriguing option.

Edited by IxxxI, 17 January 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#32 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

I can't stand Wolf's Dragoons.........Anytime I can line up against them I will.

#33 CPTAmerica

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTEXAS

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

I have to admit that I cut my teeth in Battletech with the Cresent Hawks. That kind of pushed my hatred toward the Dracs. As I became more educated in the "universe" that is Battletech, I tended to favor how the Suns emphasized tactics and combined arms over the Lyrans throwing their weight on to the field and seeing who lasts longer. Still, my hate still burned for the Kurita loyalists. After learning the "world" around me, I began to mature in how I viewed actions and motivations. This cooled my hate into a hard and durable respect for those who fight under the Dragon Banner and pointed my guns elsewhere....The Clans. I simply cannot respect any who will not, as a general rule, respect me or my battle buddies in the fight. Second behind the Clans are the Caps but, at least I can understand their motivations and give them some respect. Thirdly would be anyone who throws in with Katherine Steiner-Davion. I only hold them down on the list because, I still view them as brothers-in-arms.

The era that this game is set in though: The Dracs would be my favorite to fight because I respect their warrior nature and would enjoy the fight. The Caps would be second just because I would like to stick my 10 ton metal foot up their butts. :)

#34 Traejun DiSanctis

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

Always enjoyed fighting against Kurita. But I truly relish killing Liao.

#35 PewPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationUS - East

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostAlaskan Viking, on 16 January 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

I have always hated the Draconis Combine, ever since I played MechWarrior2: Mercenaries back in the mid 1990's. Since then I have come to despise overrated "Samurai" warriors, their evil feudalist order, and the idiotic American suburban boys who idealize them for god knows why, so I have only grown to hate the DC even more.

And then there is the totalitarian Liao, which I was just kind of "meh" on from playing Mechwarrior games, but the more I read about them in the lore the more I hate them too.

They seem to embody every anti-liberty, anti human dignity, ideology I despise. And their followers, whom I cannot tell if they are only role playing, or if they really want to live in some communist dictatorship and forsake all personal liberty for emtpy promises of "equality"...One poster on here, admited to being a real life communist, and then chose the Cappellan Confederation because "it fit his ideology". That is better than the ultimate endorsement for me to hate something.

The Fed Suns I actually kinda like, but they are just so goody two shoe and arogant that I feel this strange erge to knuck them down a peg or two.

I was kind of a Clan Wolf fan boy from Mechwarrior 2, I didn't hate the Jade Falcons, but I liekd Clan Wolf more. Now after reading some of the actual lore about the clans, I kind of dislike them all because of the totalitarian, and rather stupid, way their society is organized.

And some of the "trueborn" posters on here come off as being really elitist snobs, who kind of make me angry and sad for them at the same time because they have no real reason or right to be elitist or snobby at all. At least a high school Jock is a real athlete, so when he looks down on people he is actually better than them, at something, like running, etc. But these guys have just decided to become self proclaimed "trueborn" and to look down on everyone else for being worse at....using fewer contractions?

So I kind of hate the clans now too.

I guess mt favorite enemies would be, in order:

1. Draconis Combine.

2. Cappellan Confederation.

3. The Clans, in general.

The Kurita and Liao are really kind of tied, but I chose the FRR so I kind of have to hate the Dranois Combine more, if I would have Chosen the FWL, then they would be reversed and house Liao would be enemy number one.

Can't tell if serious...
or just ignorant

You're projecting your (flawed) perceptions of the real world on this sci-fi universe which is INTENTIONALLY morally ambiguous. If you're buying into the intentional Fed propaganda, I can't imagine what kind of political beliefs you have in real life.

#36 PewPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationUS - East

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

In this thread: Western white folks identify with who they see as the good, white guys and express how much they like killing the only two non-white factions, which are painted as more-evil than any other faction for god knows why.

#37 Nik Van Rhijn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • LocationLost

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

Clans, especially Green Chickens.

#38 Snowcaller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHiding in FRR space after defecting. (UK)

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

The Bathborn, except for when i pry their tech' from their smoking remains.

#39 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostPewPew, on 17 January 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Can't tell if serious...
or just ignorant

View PostPewPew, on 17 January 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

In this thread: Western white folks identify with who they see as the good, white guys and express how much they like killing the only two non-white factions, which are painted as more-evil than any other faction for god knows why.

Yeah, everyone who disagrees with you is a white supremist...give me a freaking break, are you really that idiotic? Every faction has members of every race, no mater what kind of cutural aesthetic the various "great houses" espouse over their domain.

You really think the Russians and Chinese would be a minor spacefaring faction while the Germans would somehow become a galactic super power with trillians of Germanic people, a small and declining population like Japan will turn into some massive militant space empire, and a tiny place like Scandinavia will have it's own interstellar empire?!? lol No, there are billians of Chinese and Indians in the Fedcom, I'm sur ethere are Europeans and South Americans in the "Japanese" Draconis Combine, and the "Waco Rangers" who are clearly portried as a bunch of Texas cowboys, work for the "Chinese" Cappellan Confederation.

Edited by Alaskan Viking, 17 January 2012 - 08:11 PM.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users