For the fans of the unseen

24 replies to this topic

#1 Evex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Well for those unseen fans out there who want there Marauder, and other unseen mechs. I've conveniently found a way to give you such mechs, since we have little idea of what piranha and IGP are doing with such mechs. Now Lets begin shall we.

MAD-3R Marauder Build

Spoiler

RFL-3N Rifleman Build

Spoiler

WHM-6D Warhammer Build

Spoiler

#2 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

It's a good sentiment, but for me it's mostly the looks and not the weapon loadout. :rolleyes:

#3 Elessar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:21 PM

As the Rifleman was mentioned ...
not only would it be an interesting view on the battlefield
but (if implemented) it would also have interesting tactical options,
due to its ability to flip the arms backwards and therefore fire his main weapons rearwards

#4 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

Elizander, I want to agree with you that it's the looks that are more important than the loadout, but I hope when/if we see the Unseen's in-game, it will be either Flying Debris' or Shimmering Sword's designs... those are the only renders of the classic 'Mechs that are better than the Unseen's themselves, IMNSHO.

#5 Enig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 594 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Agreed with Elizander.

I want my unseens for their appearances, not for their loadouts. I don't care about clantech, lostech or anything like that. I want my clan mechs because they look better.

Atlas vs Kodiak in a beauty contest, it's the Kodiak all day.
Timber Wolf vs Dragon, Timber Wolf wins.
Jenner vs Uller?

You see where I'm going with this.

#6 empath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 228 posts
  • LocationUTC - 3:30

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'm strangely with Eliz. AND Kay. I really hope PGI/IGP's legal team are better than whoever Jordan for their suit against Playmates, and HG/a judge deems FD &/or SS's work to be sufficiently distinct from Studio Nue's source material that later went into SDF Macross so they can return! :ph34r:

...but my Inner Cynic™ says that this will only come about when the great slothful IP squatter-demon is appeased with gobs and gobs of settlement money &/or % of gross. :rolleyes:

#7 Enervation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 161 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

I too agree that it's the looks not the loadout. Heck, the battlemaster is outclassed by some heavies, but when you look at it you say... dibs.

#8 l33tworks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

I think stone rhino.is one of the most unique looking well designed mechs, so i would not be happy with just a same loadout as well

#9 Diplominator

• PipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostEnervation, on 28 July 2012 - 06:39 PM, said:

I too agree that it's the looks not the loadout. Heck, the battlemaster is outclassed by some heavies, but when you look at it you say... dibs.

Uhh...which heavies? A heavy 'Mech might be faster, but it will have less guns and armor, and if it's the same speed...it will still probably have less guns and armor.

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostEvex, on 28 July 2012 - 11:39 AM, said:

Well for those unseen fans out there who want there Marauder, and other unseen mechs. I've conveniently found a way to give you such mechs, since we have little idea of what piranha and IGP are doing with such mechs. Now Lets begin shall we.

MAD-3R Marauder Build

Spoiler

RFL-3N Rifleman Build

Spoiler

WHM-6D Warhammer Build

Spoiler

Well, they say it is the thought that counts......

That said, as many have pointed out, it si the look of the designs as much as the payloads. Especially since many, like the Rifleman were never particularly effective. I am still gonna keep pushing for re-designs of them, and hope eventually someone listens, and does a better job than the crappy phoenix mechs.

#11 Wolf 74

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

As a fan since the 80's for Battletech I would like to see the originals back (damn you Harmony Gold). The mechs mentioned above are stand alone version by themselves and not replacements. The Maruader is a 75 ton mech, not 65.

I would love to see something old school return to the Battletech universe.

Wasp RIP
Stinger RIP
Archer RIP
Warhammer RIP
Riffleman RIP
Marauder RIP
Phoenix Hawk RIP
Valkyrie RIP

And what ever happened to the Battlemaster? That mech used to be the flagship mech for Battletech.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

View Postdiplominator, on 28 July 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Uhh...which heavies? A heavy 'Mech might be faster, but it will have less guns and armor, and if it's the same speed...it will still probably have less guns and armor.

Actually, most good heavies outgun the battlemaster.

At short range, it's 4 medium lasers and SRM 6 are solid, but hardly unmatched. But at long range it has a single PPC, for a total of 10 pts damge, whereas the Archer can drop 40 LRMs, the Catapult and Crusader, 30, the Warhammer and Marauder both have dual PPCs, the Orion has similar armor, and an AC/10 and LRM 15, the Grand Draogn is faster and has a PPC and LRM 10, and the Thunderbolt has a Large Laser and LRM 15.

So all well outgun it at range, and move at least as fast, while most have similar armor levels, or not enough less to make up for the firepower difference.

#13 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

View Postempath, on 28 July 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

I'm strangely with Eliz. AND Kay. I really hope PGI/IGP's legal team are better than whoever Jordan for their suit against Playmates, and HG/a judge deems FD &/or SS's work to be sufficiently distinct from Studio Nue's source material that later went into SDF Macross so they can return! :rolleyes:

...but my Inner Cynic™ says that this will only come about when the great slothful IP squatter-demon is appeased with gobs and gobs of settlement money &/or % of gross. :rolleyes:

No offense meant, but I would rather see the unseen rot in hell, than have that lard bottomed rosanne barr heap of crap "marauder" SS made. SS is a great artist, but that mech in no way captures ANY of the feel of the Marauder. Maybe a Marauder 2, that was supposed ot be clumsy, and fat, but not the lean, menacing lines of the MAD-3R.

II have seen few redesigns I hate more than that one.

#14 CharlieV

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

I have one question: is design of unseen mechs placed on wiki that redesign from project phoenix or original design?

Sample: Marauder http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder

#15 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

View PostCharlieV, on 02 August 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

I have one question: is design of unseen mechs placed on wiki that redesign from project phoenix or original design?

Sample: Marauder http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder

That is the original unseen artwork.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

View Postdiplominator, on 28 July 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Warhammer pack @ PPCs 2 Medium lasers, 2 MGs... (been a while)2 Sm lasers and a 6 rack. That is pretty much all the firepower at 15 tons less. Yes it gives up a few tons of armor, but the second PPC (double the long range throw weight) is fair compensation for the armor loss.

#17 Gail Piazzi

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

I most assuredly want a Marauder because it's a gorgeous piece of machinery. I'm a strictly heavy/assault jock and that is definitely the prettiest of the bunch.

Mine and dad's philosophy is just that the mech should be able to run and alpha and stay off the heat scale.

Speaking of which - HI DAD.

#18 Slab Squathrust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle, WA or Billings, MT

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Hmm I have always loved the warhammer. Unfortunately like most of the people here, I have always enjoyed the feel of the mech as much as I liked the loadout. It just felt fun riding in the cockpit of the thing. Although its not like i can see much of my exterior from the cockpit.

#19 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostElizander, on 28 July 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

It's a good sentiment, but for me it's mostly the looks and not the weapon loadout. B)

Exactly, the build has nothing to do with the unSEEN.

#20 ZnSeventeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

I like this. I like PPC's, one of the two reasons I liked the Marauder, and I will try that Catapult out I think. Thanks!

B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users