Your Ideal Configuration

68 replies to this topic

#1 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

Following the Hardpoint and the Critical rules, i used REMLAB to make my ideal Atlas with 18 double heat sinks, 2 large pulse lasers, a AC20, and 2 SRM6's all with ample ammo. I kept standard engine and had 19 tons of armor.

What are your guy's configurations following the Hardpoint and Critcials?

BTW, for hardpoints, i replaced one for one though you can probably thro in a extra slot or 2 in the place where the weapon is, like for the hunchbacks AC20, i think their was 3 balistics slots if you were just doing AC2's.

http://remlab.source...mlab30/mech.lab

Edited by Chunkymonkey, 27 June 2012 - 10:20 PM.

#2 Eiki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 262 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

I don't know what I am going to do. I am going to end up spending a lot of time in the MechLab experimenting. Hopefully I break something and up with a FrankenMech.

#3 Xandre Blackheart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationIn the "cockpit".

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

I'm resisting the impulse to max the speed out on the atlas and make a 100 ton charger....

Resisting.

#4 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 27 June 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Following the Hardpoint and the Critical rules, i used REMLAB to make my ideal Atlas with 18 double heat sinks, 2 large pulse lasers, a AC20, and 2 SRM6's all with ample ammo. I kept standard engine and had 19 tons of armor.

What are your guy's configurations following the Hardpoint and Critcials?

BTW, for hardpoints, i replaced one for one though you can probably thro in a extra slot or 2 in the place where the weapon is, like for the hunchbacks AC20, i think their was 3 balistics slots if you were just doing AC2's.

http://remlab.source...mlab30/mech.lab

I like this setup, though personally i would be tempted to use the standard model LL and put the extra weight into spare ML and HS or a bit more ammo.

#5 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

Thanks for the link to that online mechlab Chuncky. It's really usefull. Made me realise that my Commando was slightly overweight.
Gotta work on it.

#6 Earthtalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 133 posts
  • LocationBack in the Saddle.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

I am also making an Atlas variant. Unfortunately, the variant I need is the K3 and that appears in 3083. It jumps.....

#7 Future Perfect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:44 AM

Can't allocate the LRM 20 to the chest area which is just fail.

And my weapons allocation often gets undone after clicking on the various other tabs.

I'm done with this crappy version of a mech lab, someone bring a decent one because this is just rediculus.

Edited by Future Perfect, 28 June 2012 - 01:58 AM.

#8 Braedin

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

energy weapons, energy weapons, energy weapons, energy weapons and more energy weapons. did already mention energy weapons?

#9 Philipe von Rohrs

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

Gotta look at the 'mechlab setup and hardpoint options for my fave catapult variant.

I'm not sure I can set it up here...

#10 Ricama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:32 AM

I went with more of an homage to their traditional enemies by putting the armament of both the Catapult and the Jenner on my Atlas design ... and then added a gauss rifle because it's my favourite weapon in TT. I only ended up with room for 6 med lasers (I know the Atlas only comes with 4 but there was mention of extra slots so I'm hoping there will be room for 6) so not quite there but I did double the lrm ammo. The 14 double heatsinks will be fine as long as you don't try to fire the short ranged weapons at the same time as the lrms.

#11 JokerACE

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

AS7-MWO; 100t, 3/5 SFE, Endo Steel, 12 DHS, 19t/304 armor, Gauss (RT) w/3t ammo (RT, RL, RL), LRM15 (LT) w/Artemis w/3t ammo (LT), ER PPC (RA), 7x ML (CT, CT, HD, RT, RT, LA, LA), SRM6 w/Artemis w/1t ammo (LT), CASE RT + LT, 2491 BV.

Gauss/ER PPC/LRM at range, ML barrage + SRM up close. Yeah, you reduce the IDF capacity with the 15, but it also has ammo for 24 rounds. (so does the Gauss)

And yes, command mech.

Edited by JokerACE, 28 June 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#12 Murku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

my ruleset is prolly out of date, but I was hoping for:

Centurion with 300xl and MASC (6/9, 12 running with MASC)
Gauss Rilfe in Arm, 3 tons Gauss Ammo in RT
Small Pulse Laser in CT
Endo Steel + Ferro Fib Armor

All slots used I think, Aiming to use it as a Flanker, Heavy Scout and Scout Hunter

#13 JokerACE

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

Oh and for all of you screaming foul at the level2tech.

AS7-MWO; 100t, 3/5 SFE, 19t/304 armor, 20 SHS, AC/10 w/3t ammo (RT), LRM20 w/3t ammo (LT), 4x ML (CT, CT, LA, RA), SRM6 w/1t ammo (LT), SHS (HD, LT, RT, RT, LL, LL, RL, RL), 1888 BV.

#14 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts
  • LocationReady to make war on Romano Liao for the true chancellor, Candace Allard-Liao

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

I dont think their is a energy hardpoint in the head.

This is the only free flash mechlab i could find, you could go download MegaMekLab it works better but is a little more confusing and takes longer.

#15 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

View PostFuture Perfect, on 28 June 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

Can't allocate the LRM 20 to the chest area which is just fail.

And my weapons allocation often gets undone after clicking on the various other tabs.

I'm done with this crappy version of a mech lab, someone bring a decent one because this is just rediculus.

Of course you can't put such huge weapon in the center torso. :( The engine and gyro is located there.
Unless i'm mistaken that only leaves 2 critical slots available for stuff and the LRM 20 takes up 5 crits.

#16 Chunkymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 657 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

Did everyone remember the hardpoint rule?

What do you guys think is a better scout, Cicada or Jenner?

#17 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

I am planning on taking my Founders Atlas and trying the following:

- 400XL engine upgrade (may have to stick with standard 300 engine, if engine types are not interchangeable)
- Max armor
- 4 Large Lasers
- Enough heatsinks to keep from ever having heat issues (can't recall the exact number needed; plan on using doubles)
- 2 x AMS, each with 1-2 tons of ammo
- Maybe ECM as well

The hardpoints should allow for the four energy weapons: one in each arm, and one on each side torso. This would only be a problem if the torso medium lasers are actually in the CT, in which case I will have to rethink things a bit :)

The idea here is to surprise enemies with a fast-moving (relatively) Assault mech. Heavy protection from both close-in weapons and missiles. No ammo dependency (other than for the AMS).

I plan on going somewhat down the Command path, if it works out to make sense and actually let me lead a combat lance.

Edited by WardenWolf, 28 June 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#18 An0n3

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'd love to take the lasers out of a CPLT-C1 and replace them with a brace of UAC/5's, but dem energy slots.

The CPLT-C2 mounts ballistic weapons (two LB-X AC/2's), so maybe if I can get my hands on that variant somehow I could modify it a little into the Catapult I want.

#19 Blackfire1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

That website is soooo limiting. :\
I prefer to use Solaris Skunk works or the MechLab in MegaMek.

Hatchetman + TSM +x2 PPC's + OVERheating + Hatches = DEATH

#20 FaustianBargain

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostChunkymonkey, on 28 June 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

Did everyone remember the hardpoint rule?

What do you guys think is a better scout, Cicada or Jenner?

The Jenner has the JJ, but I plan on using a Cicada for my scout mech. The 3M with a slightly reduced engine rating has plenty of room for a NARC and more armor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users