Your Last Chance is Here & Now (RP) Sign Up

310 replies to this topic

#1 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

This is the SIGN UP thread for the "Your Last Chance is Here & Now" Role Play Story

Starting point: it is in Late July of the year 3049 on the planet of Last Chance in and around the city of Hope.
Last Chance is currently in the holdings of a Pirate Kingdom known as the Greater Valkyrate. http://www.sarna.net...eater_Valkyrate
Two of the most notable traits of this would be the the Garrisoning force of Ryan's Rebels 2nd Battalion
and the fact that the planet itself is more of a Matriarchal society. (Note: Think Drow you D&D players)

Hope is little more than an industrial town with a few canneries and a large warehouse section encumbrancing most of the east side, with docks both for shipping and drop ships, surrounded to the north and west by lack luster farm lands.

To join the Role Play, please send me a personal message with your interest and some personal goals you might like to achieve for your character (I.E his or her Hopes and Dreams) also include in this at least one major and minor fear (example: loosing your family or a fear of fire etc) you are welcome to go ahead and post a BIO here, but please wait until you get approved and the go ahead before posting to the Role Play thread.

This story will be heavily Role Play based, especially starting out. There will opportunities that arise that might allow the characters chances at great success for ****** and grab type actions, but please be aware Character Death is very possible as you'll be stuck right in the middle of the Clan Invasion by the Jade Falcons. Mech to Mech combat will be rare and it is highly suggested the characters don't start out with one but for those of you that insist please note wither you are "just a pirate" or assigned to Ryan's Rebels in your BIO. Combats will all be resolved hopefully fairly quickly and without dice interaction. Example: Reese dove quickly behind the over turned table and let off a few shots at his assailants trying desperately to aim at center mass of the one in the lead.

Rules:

- No clan characters, no spies or any affiliations with said clanners will be tolerated at character creation.

- If you choose to start with a Mech; it will be on planet and in or around the city. It'll probably be damaged in some fashion [GM discretion as to how and what it does] and should be no more than 65 tons. Tank commanders also welcome.

- Use [square brackets] to post Out if Character stuff. If it's short. If you care to elaborate in detail on it please use the tread here to expand on it. Example: Harley couldn't help but think back to that time on the Tharkad with Maj. Cruz [please see "a night to remember" in the Sign Up section]

- No making oneself over powered or grandstanding (This Role Play is about people having fun and being put in sometimes hard and sometimes whimsical moral dilemmas and hopefully come together as a team)

- MOST IMPORTANTLY just have fun, think outside the box and remember it's not real so don't take any or it too seriously, you can always make another character if the worse case happens but please don't rage.

FINAL DISCLAIMER- Also note that there is a slim possibly that the actions and posts herein might later be altered and used as source for an online novel (though chances of such are slimmer than winning the lottery) so all posts will be considered open property in regards to any legal actions against the writer now or future, this also covers the players if they decide publish works based on the content here-in.

Cast of Characters and NPCs

"Heaven's Flight" Crew [could be very important to the characters at a laler critical point in the game]
Julia Robertson - Captain of Heaven's Flight, spikey red head begining to show signs of her age
Samuel Jenkins - unkept roughen whose stingy blonde hair and nervousness puts even buddists on edge
Cinthia Coldwater - short, stout, slim brunet with huge blue green eyes vaguely hidden behind her small framed glasses
Odin McGregor - fiery light redish blonde Irishman full in both girth and kilt. Constant Drunk. "secretly" betrothed to Julia

Clan Jade Falcon Antagonists
Star Colonel - Alexis Visla
Sub Commander - Alexander Hazen
Star Captain - Elizabeth Fhord
Star Captain - Stephanie Brak
Star Captain - Daniel McCraig

Locals
David Dukes - Chairman and Vice Counselor to the High Counsel of Hope [recently lost his Limo :)]
Micheal DuPree - Matriarch's Nephew [Could be an important NPC but depends on the course of events]
Riana - Micheal DuPree's keeper, nanny, and guardian
Candice - One time call girl / waitress [deceased - cause of death incineration]
Mags - Topless waitress at the Blue Bunny
Jimmy Blackthorn - disturbed and dark souled teenager [this family will be returned to as this and other stories as unfold]
Roseland Blackthorn - younger sister to Jimmy and ill fated daughter to a certain raven haired beauty [see above note]
The Tattooed Man - mysterious cyber hacker and possible terrorist?

Comstar HPG Relay personnel
Daniel Jacobson
Danny Jacobson - pimple faced Acolyte wose barely old enough to drink and a bit of a simpleton
Angie Jericho - Security chief / ROM agent - a short and confident woman who enjoys her supremacy over others.
Jimmy Cook - ComStar liason officer / Com Guard / ROM Agent
Williams - ComStar Security
Winter - ComStar Security / Com Guard / ROM Agent
Storm - ComStar Security / Com Guard / ROM Agent
Manning - ComStar Security
Smitz - ComStar Security
Cunningham - Comstar liason officer / ComStar Security
Jenkins - Former Taurian Concordant soldier and one time associate of PC John and his men. Now Comstar Security

Player Characters [For more information please see the wonderful Bios listed within these pages]
Gammadin - Demi-Precentor Herschel Sandtanner & the HPG crew
torgian [player MIA and non-responsive] - Micheal Sandiego [deceased - cause of death Heroism / Rommel tank tracks]
Nomad - Johann Metzger & his tankers
Thom - Louis Jennings Jr & his tankers
Brenden - Bjorn Iisenfaus
guardianwolf - John Christensen & his merry men
DigitalPanther - Malcolm Malloy
RogueSpear - Jimmy Kane & Hank Jones

Edited by Oni Storm, 28 January 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#2 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Finally! someone cool with allowing tank commanders.... I'd really love to join this one, but I'm stretched thin in the RP department right now. ;)

#3 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

I'd be interested in playing along. I'll send you a pm once i get a concept written up.

#4 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

Sounds good Gammadin, and Thom you know you're welcome anytime you have the time. I'm going to try to get something up tonight or tomorrow been having some killer migraines lately so it's making kinda hard to write now, but got an introduction to the starting point brewing amongst them as well. :D

#5 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

'39 or do you mean '49?

#6 torgian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 283 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

I'm up for it! Sent you a pm

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 08 August 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

'39 or do you mean '49?

'49. Clan invasion of that planet occured at that time.

#7 torgian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 283 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

BIO: Michael Sandiego

Michael is the third child in a family of six: His mother, father, two brothers and younger sister. As a child, he grew up on his parent's farm and helped out with the crop fields. Since an early age though, he had dreams of becoming a mechwarrior, as most children do these days. He practiced in the arcade sims and got pretty good with them, but alas, he never did get the chance to go to an academy. His family was too poor and besides, they were more focused on the farm.

Later on, his childlike dreams grew even more, and as soon as he could, Michael left home to work in the city. Now 19 years old, he is living in a small studio apartment, working at a cannery where he is saving his money in the hopes of possibly buying his way into an academy for at least a year. His friends ridicule him, though in a friendly manner, of how he wants to become part of the matriarch's personal guard.

#8 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

View Posttorgian, on 08 August 2012 - 06:16 PM, said:

I'm up for it! Sent you a pm

'49. Clan invasion of that planet occured at that time.

That's what I was thinking but the opening post said '39, so I was curious... Typo?

#9 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

This is what i'd like to play, but if you want me to make a more combat oriented character i can.

Name: Herschel Sandtanner

Bio: A native Terran, Herschel Sandtanner was born on the Isle of Mann in the early half of the 31st century. Raised with in the psuedomystic faith of Comstar, Herschel was the oldest of two children belonging to Gilbert and Jillian Sandtanner, a loving and faithful couple, each coming from families that could trace their heritage back to some of the earliest acolytes of the religious order.

An intelligent young man. Herschel showed a knack for the unique brand of pseudoscience practiced by Comstar during his teenage years, earning respect from his elders and peers despite his relative youth. The proudest moment of his life was when he given a chance to join the ranks of the Adepts Alpha, following in the foot steps of his father.

Unfortunately, a fire caused by a freak lighting strike claimed the lives of his parents and teenage sister Alyssa while Herschel furthered his education on the North American continent. The sudden death of his family hurt Herschel deeply, becoming the defining factor in his choice to leave Terra.

Volunteering for a posting as far away from his birth world as possible, the twenty year old Acolyte made landfall on Hope in late 3038 as part of an effort to reestablish the looted husk of an abandoned Hyper Pulse Generator locate just north of the pirate haven. Finishing the reconstruction after four grueling years of hard work the first test transmission sent from the refurbished HPG was Herschel request for permanent assignment to the Hope Hyper Pulse Communications Monastery. It took three weeks for approval to his request to be transmitted back. Attached was an ordainment to Demi-Precentor Alpha, a promotion that placed Sandtanner in charge of the newly rebuilt HPG's operations.

Seven years have past since his promotion to Demi-Precentor. An uneasy truce existing between the pirate overlords of the Valkyerate and the Comstar Personal, with comstar providing interstellar communications for a nominal fee as long as the pirates keep their hounds at heel. His day to day life consumed by trying to keep the HPG operational despite several of the computer components being over a hundred years old, as well with dealing with the small handful of comstar personal under his ward.

Edited by Gammadin, 08 August 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#10 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 08 August 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

'39 or do you mean '49?

says 49 on my screen, am I mistaken? but yes right at the beginning of the invasion, a few days before actually

btw when you going to just in here, you know you want to :rolleyes:

edit: my apologies you were correct (was looking here not there) thanks for the catch everyone :rolleyes:

Edited by Oni Storm, 08 August 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#11 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

Nice Gammadin welcome (wish you'd have posted your fears privately but it's ok hopefully noone will pull a torch on you :rolleyes:) also give me another ambition or dream if you would in a PM. I'll shoot you a quick overlay of your personal in a day or so I hope, will have to my Blake's hat on, just kidding... anyway nice to have you on board.

#12 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Easy enough, edit it out and no one is the wiser. Hehe.

I'll shoot you a pm before the nights over, can't wait to get my crew assigned to me ha.

#13 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

Continued casting call, the story is underway and I'd really like to have a few more players before the attacks begin. I know it'll be easy to get more recruits once the fire starts to burn, but it's always nice to see the characters from an early start before the spark ignites it.

So feel free to send me an email and post a bio here, get in on the ground floor it so much more interesting than just jumping into a war.

If you're wondering or wavering it'll be about another week or two before things start to get bad for the planet. People will be welcome to jump in anytime, once you've been approved, but there will be a cut off at some point via events or total character count.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Edited by Oni Storm, 14 August 2012 - 04:20 AM.

#14 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

Also as a side note; if you are reading through the role play section and there is a non-assigned (IE: I'm typing for them) character you think you might enjoy to take over. Feel free to PM me and we'll go from there.

Edited by Oni Storm, 14 August 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#15 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Name: Johann Metzger
Command: XO of a reinforced lance of tanks (Prescott's Perpetrators) in 3rd Company, 2nd Battalion of Ryan's Rebels

Vehicle: Rommel Tank ("Dirty Girl") A large pinup art is painted on the side of the tank of a nude woman with very strategically placed oil stains.

Appearance: Johann is heavily muscled, with tribal tattoos running from his shoulders to his wrists. Constantly dirty and covered in oil, he constantly has a sour look on his face. He keeps his hair extremely short on the sides, and slightly longer on top in a sort of short, and very wide Mohawk. For clothing, he either wears camouflaged BDU pants, with combat boots, and a Camouflaged BDU jacket, or his tankers overalls. All of them are extremely dirty and oil stained.

Weapons: Johann keeps a Sternsnacht Python Auto-Pistol strapped in a thigh holster, and a serrated combat knife in a ankle holster in his left boot.

Personality: Formerly of the LCAF, Johann was dishonourably discharged for stealing weapons and supplies to sell on the black market, and for repeatedly groping female service members. Disgraced and abandoned, Johann travelled to the periphery where he met up with Redjack Ryan. Johann signed up immediately and quickly rose to command a Rommel Tank in his 3rd Company, 2nd battalion of Ryan’s Rebels. He’s a rather disagreeable individual, and keeps to himself mostly, though he is very friendly with the members of his tank crew. Despite his criminal background, he’s the consummate professional when in combat, and driving his tank – and he demands the best from those around him. Although he’s had to behave himself in such a matriarchal society, it’s advisable that women not be left alone with him.

Dirty Girl Driver: Kendrick Ortelli

Appearance: A thin wiry individual, he was born on Last Chance on a local farm outside of Hope. With meager food available, his growth was stunted, and stands only around 5’4” which works out perfectly for him as he fits easily in the driver’s cab of the tank. A chronic chain smoker, it’s rare to find him without a cigarette in his mouth. He’s a wizard with mechanical things and often serves as the tank’s mechanic when out in the field.

Personality: As a farm boy, he doesn’t fit in with the other pirates or their culture, and only joined up for a chance to make some money for himself. He loves his girlfriend back in his hometown and talks of her often. He tolerates but does not partake in many of the lewd and hedonistic actions of his fellow tankers. Johann often ribs him about the picture of his girlfriend taped next to the steering column of the tank.

Dirty Girl Gunner/Loader: Xerxes Khyron

Appearance: Xerxes is a monster of a man, with an extraordinarily muscled upper body. His physique was gained from having to hand load the AC/20 rounds into the main gun of the Rommel Tank, as the auto loader has been broken for some time. He often wears tight fitting shirts to show off his muscles, especially when on leave and headed to the local brothels. He keeps his head and face completely shaved, and takes great pride in his personal appearance.

Personality:Xerxes fancies himself to be a ladies man, and spends an inordinate amount of time grooming himself. A simple, but not stupid man, his thoughts focus exclusively on women. He was the one that hand painted the girl on the outside of the tank, and has been rumored to have “christened” the tank more than a few times with local prostitutes. Despite his one track mind, Xerxes’ personal grooming habits transfer over to his care of the tank, and both the main gun, and interior of the turret are kept immaculately clean. He is also a crack shot, and frequently wins informal shooting contests among the other tank gunners. A career pirate, Xerxes was orphaned at a very young age and lived on the streets most of his young life. After stowing away on a dropship, he found himself on Last Chance, before signing up with Ryan’s Rebels for a chance at glory and women.

Edited by Listless Nomad, 15 August 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#16 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Welcome aboard Nomad and my belated thanks to our other contributors Gammadin & torgain. Still waiting to lure Thom in completely and have some interest for a few more but will keep those under wraps to they decide. Anyway welcome and to those reading, there is at least right now room for quite a few more. :P

Thank you again, Your humble (and evil) GM Oni

#17 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Tank commander... dispossessed mechwarrior... infantryman.... choices, choices.....

#18 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:50 AM

Come on Thom - you know you want to be a tank commander...

One of us. One of us. One of us...

#19 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Don't make me send you to the Cornfield Thom. :)

Or do I have to call in "The Claw" and make it choose?

#20 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

A VTOL pilot would be cool too....

And in case any of you were wondering I was looking up old tanks on Sarna, just trying to find one that 'feels right.' I'm being picky, it's not everyday that a GM will let you play a tank commander.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users