Where Is My "mad Cat" & Other Associated Clan Tech Faq

235 replies to this topic

#181 BadassZalor

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew Kent

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 17 October 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

So awesome intro. If you do a quick search on YT you will find a few nice remakes of that intro and some of the other ones in MW2 ;)

I'll have to check that out. MW2 always had the best intro.

Also dayum has it been a long time since I looked at this thread.

#182 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

well sadly.... the clans got moved to "eventually™", so all the information there is good, except for them using the 1:1 ratio which was apparently thrown out the window..........into a moving dump-truck and taken god knows where.

#183 General Godmode

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

I love the fact that the game is sticking to cannon and bringing out mechs chronologically. Big kudos and my advice for clan war make larger maps and let the inner vs. outer etc fight in their clan mechs. Imagine that! ***** I just shed a tear* There better be at least 2 hero mad cat versions!! Ya'll better not fake on the Mad Cat!!!

#184 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

View PostGeneral Godmode, on 26 October 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

I love the fact that the game is sticking to cannon and bringing out mechs chronologically. Big kudos and my advice for clan war make larger maps and let the inner vs. outer etc fight in their clan mechs. Imagine that! ***** I just shed a tear* There better be at least 2 hero mad cat versions!! Ya'll better not fake on the Mad Cat!!!

They stated they will not use "canon" custom variants for their hero 'Mechs because their stats are not explained (or because characters use prime variants of such 'Mechs).. So no Vlad Ward's Timberwolf.

#185 Chuffter

Rookie

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

MW2 and 3 were the best, MW4 was pants imho,

I want to see some classic mechs from the inner sphere, the Annihilator was always fun in MW3 which is bang on the time line with MWO.

To incorporate clanger (oops sorry Clanner) Mechs will be worth seeing, a Clan add on would be good or random BOT Clan mechs dropping into public games to menace both teams would be funny but I'm guessing problematic

#186 Jarii246

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

Thanks, I was looking for this!

#187 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

rude, no mention of star adder? i issue you a bachall, i bid 65 tons.

#188 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

View Postzudukai, on 01 December 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

rude, no mention of star adder? i issue you a bachall, i bid 65 tons.

Its amusing that no one has noticed, including myself until now lol. so no silly clan playground romp will occur because i accidentally missed it lol

#189 Phantom360

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 92 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOver where the grass is greener.

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

Where are the clans hmmm ?
Logs in to MWO
Oh their they are
for $30-$250

#190 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Made 2 amendments to the FAQ, in regards to the new update about "Operation Revival" packages

#191 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 16 December 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Made 2 amendments to the FAQ, in regards to the new update about "Operation Revival" packages

I'm curious where you saw that clans will become playable factions? So far all I see is that we can buy and use clan mechs. I want to believe they'll actually be factions distinct, but I'm having a hard time seeing it.

Edited by Prezimonto, 16 December 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#192 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

View PostPrezimonto, on 16 December 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

I'm curious where you saw that clans will become playable factions? So far all I see is that we can buy and use clan mechs. I want to believe they'll actually be factions distinct, but I'm having a hard time seeing it.

I cant tell if you're trolling or that naive

#193 PawPaWuFF

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

holy scrappy doo we have clan mechs incoming !!!!!!!!!!!! wow those teir prices make my head spin think this one i can only buy the lowest :)

#194 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 17 December 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

I cant tell if you're trolling or that naive

Honest question. They've said nothing about adding a pile of Clan factions to CW that I can find. I'm honestly worried that clan mechs are going to arrive 1 month after CW comes out and just be added as extra mechs for the IS factions to play.

#195 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

View PostPrezimonto, on 17 December 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

Honest question. They've said nothing about adding a pile of Clan factions to CW that I can find. I'm honestly worried that clan mechs are going to arrive 1 month after CW comes out and just be added as extra mechs for the IS factions to play.

From the timeline expectations, it looks like the first stages of CW are slated to come out before the Clans. This includes player groups. Now, will this be tied into LOCKED CLAN or LOCKED IS options? No clue. At least you will be able to officially be a unit as far as the game is concerned.

My question about CW is "what does it change?" Hear me out for a sec.... If CW gets released tomorrow, the games will still play out the same way as it has. Attacking a planet? Play MWO. Defending a planet? Play MWO. Yes, it seems that holding certain territory and having certain loyalties will mess with the prices of mechs on the black market, but if you can buy the mechs with cash anyways that is not a barrier anyways. Really the reason I am rather apathetic about the whole CW thing. MW3 and MW4 lasted a long time on a combination of player made leagues and the ability to host private matches. Those two tools are just about all MWO needs, really. Anything else is fluff IMO.

So, we might very well see Clan mechs in IS hands day one of their release. Supposedly tighter tonnage limitations will be set in place for Clan mechs. If it is 60 tons per player per IS mech, it might be 50 tons per player per Clan mech when the team total available tonnage is tallied up.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 17 December 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#196 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

So when do y'all expect the f2p Clan mechs will arrive? A month after shot-to-your-wallet clan mechs are released? Longer? Earlier?

#197 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

View PostDarth Futuza, on 18 December 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

So when do y'all expect the f2p Clan mechs will arrive? A month after shot-to-your-wallet clan mechs are released? Longer? Earlier?

Longer I think. The sooner the F2P Mechs come, the sooner we can stop giving them our money.

#198 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:59 PM

They stopped selling Phoenix and Saber (December 3rd) before Saber was released (December 17th). I would expect them to stop selling the Clan package before they release it. Maybe a Clan Reinforcement package (available only to those who purchased at least some part of the original) would be announced after that.

I would expect at least some of the Clan 'Mechs to be available for C-Bills/MC within two months of package release. The Locust was available for C-Bills/MC on Phoenix release day, so it makes sense.

#199 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 10 January 2014 - 08:59 PM, said:

They stopped selling Phoenix and Saber (December 3rd) before Saber was released (December 17th). I would expect them to stop selling the Clan package before they release it. Maybe a Clan Reinforcement package (available only to those who purchased at least some part of the original) would be announced after that.

I would expect at least some of the Clan 'Mechs to be available for C-Bills/MC within two months of package release. The Locust was available for C-Bills/MC on Phoenix release day, so it makes sense.

And in the name of hope, I shall "like" your post.

#200 Airwind

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

These kind of lore should have came from pgi. Nicely done.

All mechs in mwo are light, medium, heavy and assault. There is no lore for them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users