Until they come, what will you pilot?

42 replies to this topic

#41 Moorecroft

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:18 AM

Raven, depending on customisation options.

Probably a Raven either way though. Such a sexy mech.

#42 Camelskinner

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Black Knight with double heat sinks and making room for a targeting computer(minus med laser). or the upgrade package with two large ER lasers, ER PPC and ER med lasers. Now we are talking about a sexy beast.

#43 Tifalia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationBoardwalk, Capellan Confederation

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostTifalia, on 24 January 2012 - 12:26 AM, said:

If the Crab will be included in the MOD, then I will pilot that exclusively. It is a Medium 'Mech, but the speed it packs makes it one of the best Scout 'Mechs available, especially when I can customise it with (M) Pulse Lasers and either a (M) Laser or (S) Laser.

But once the Clan Invasion starts of the Inner Sphere, if the Fire Moth will also be included (which somehow I think it will be) then if I am fortunate enough to salvage one, then I will be switching between the Crab and Fire Moth OmniMech - but only between certain campaigns.
The Crab has served me well in MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries and it is not surprise to most to everyone who posts here that it is my 'mech of choice and it has become my "baby" - the 'mech that I prefer above all others to pilot, even in slug-fest matches.
Still, the Clan Fire Moth is my second favourite 'mech that I have masetered piloting and would be using that as well, if I could somehow salvage or buy one (most notably because of its MASC system (which ups the Fire Moth speed from 1 60.2 kp/h to 2.16.0 kp/h) and its armaments of two x Medium Lasers in addition with the 1 x SRM-6 and 1 x SRM 4 is a 'mech that can cause havoc on the battlefield and still not get damaged as much (unless I caused an error in my piloting skills to stupidly let a flight of LRMs, SRMs/ MRMs or Autocannot or Gauss slugs hit me when I am not paying full attention.
But with the Fire Moth, I like to sacrifice some of the weapons (mostly the SRM maounts so I can equip jump jets) which make me a threat on the battlefield to all those who do not know just what I like my 'mechs to equip in battle situations.

I do not go for the Heavy or Assault Class of 'Mech. I spent 20+ years honing my skills as a Scout 'Mech pilot and prefer to pilot those over any other 'Mech Class.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users