Atlas or Daishi?

703 replies to this topic

#121 mulkosaur

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

There are only two Clan Assaults mechs i will ever pilot. The Kingfisher, or the Bloodkite. I want toughness not found on road dead!

#122 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 24 January 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

Dire Wolf, I'd only use it to annoy the Smoke Jaguars.

+1 big time

#123 THE 4thbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 67 posts
  • LocationN.Y.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

If you put two average pilots against each other, one in a Timberwolf, and one in a Atlas the pilot in the Timberwolf would win. This Being said It would not be worth it to the Timberwolf's pilot because of all the damage he would take trying to take down the Atlas. the Timberwolf would be in the repair shop for a month if the timberwolf were to go against an atlas.

#124 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Depends on the Atlas variant and if the Timber Wolf get close enough to be hit by the short ranged weapons.

#125 JakeTheLate

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

Daishi. If I recall, it carries roughly the same armor, moves at an equivvolent speed, and has MUCH more fire power than the Atlas. A Daishi will usually take apart most Inner Sphere Mechs in a stand up fight.

#126 TimberJon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:41 PM

Great death for me. My reason is superior internals.

It can probably carry about 10-15% more tonnage than it weighs. When you build something like a walking tank... You over engineer all the components to take stress, heat, impact, etc... So you should comfortably be able to carry additional weight in the form of ammo or exterior weapons. That pretty much goes for everything except maybe light chassis.

#127 Sigmund Sauer

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

Diashi, I remember many a time shooting the enemy with SRMs and AC rounds while I charge in a full speed and ram into the enemy mech knocking it to the ground before finishing it off

#128 tacobellkiller

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

Give me an Atlas, let the vat-born keep their fancy toys, the Atlas has style and class unlike the walking weapon pods of the clans. The restricted load-outs of I.S. mechs forces a more interesting purpose driven design as opposed the one-size fits all clan assaults.

#129 EDMW CSN

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

Atlas II. Because it is angry :)

Posted Image

Edited by [EDMW]CSN, 29 February 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#130 Nighthound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 146 posts
  • LocationGermany - Düsseldorf

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

Ok i lets see,
3025 :
There is no Dire Wolf so the Atlas wins by default, but I would rather have the old Battlemaster 1D if its all the same to you.
3050 :
Well there is no beating the Atlas' style and optics, if I am allowed to modify my Dire Wolf though .. ah well not realy a choice then. Quineg?
Later :
May I have a Thunder Stallion please *eg*

#131 golem87653

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Daishi, Because of Clan omni mech technology and other advanced systems,plus the weaponry which is well worth the C-Bills if u ask me. Not only that, but you don't see alot of daishi's in the area, but the downside is thier probably pretty expensive due to the advanced tech, like clan auto cannons for example. Don't get me wrong the atlas has incredible armour and firepower (plus due to the industrial capacity of the innersphere, this is also why the clans lost), but the daishi has decent speed for it's size, good armour, and enough firepower that dwarfs a centurion by a long shot.

All in all, the daishi has very powerful tech and it is a powerhouse on the fiel, and this is why I choose it

#132 Bren

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

This question is akin to asking an Iraqi tanker if he'd rather pilot a T-72 or an Abrams.

#133 Rabid Wolf

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

Kodiak anyone? The atlas and the dire wolf can't really be pitted up against each other. The atlas is a desgin thats a few hundred years older then the dire wolf. The inner sphere lost most of its tech through the constant slug fest it had. While the clans lost some of its tech, there where still able to hold onto most of it, refine it, and improve it. yes, the atlas saw some upgrades, but nothing compared to the tech of the dire wolf. Lets see the atlas up against a kodiak, that should be a even fight. :ph34r:

#134 Reinhardt Drescher

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

Atlas, rain some hell down on those arrogant cods.

#135 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

ew too both, my choice of inner sphere assault is either a highlander or a fafnir

and for a clann assault, its gotta be a kodiak or the 100T version of the timber wolf muahahahaha

atlas has its place in history, and is still a viable unit, but the daishi or dire wolf, is just fugly, and most of its builds were boats.

my prefered loadouts have ppcs or large lasers for reach, and then some heavy lbx or uac 20s with some srms to round out the up close punch.

ps to all the atlas haters, eventually the atlas gets a full tech makeover into the atlas II when the lostech is found, which can go toe to toe with anything the clans have and win, but thats a late 31st early 32nd century setup using clan weapons omni mounts and all that.

Edited by LordDeathStrike, 04 March 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#136 William Cowboy Wilkins

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

Is there any chance of seeing a devastator DVS-2? I mean its brand new in 3048 i believe, and man on man it hits like a mack truck running over a smart car

#137 FACEman Peck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationB.F.E.

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostBluey, on 23 February 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

Atlas is good choice for anything even tho I love Clan wolf ,Dire wolf is so slow ......with full combat load.....

And the Atlas isn't?

#138 Jyi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostTaemien, on 11 February 2012 - 01:36 AM, said:

Have to go with the Lyran Scout Mech of choice:

Posted Image

That's a Warhawk/Masakari you're punching. It's only 85 tonnes :ph34r:

I wonder why everyone is doing their comparison based on MW4, where mech variants were not very accurate compared to their original BT versions and you could put pretty much any weapons on them. In that game Dire Wolf was inferior because it was just easier to hit. In BT Clan Tech is in so many ways ahead of IS tech that most of the time Dire Wolf would pound an Atlas down to ground in seconds. And during the Clan Invasion the Clans actually kick some major butt before losing anything. And they definitely don't lose because of inferior mech design, but because of arrogance and incapability to adapt and use "dirty tactics" instead of warrior code.

Don't get me wrong, Atlas is a magnificent and iconic looking mech, and in many situations in the hands of a good pilot it could take out a Dire Wolf. But there's a reason IS people named Dire Wolf "Daishi" or "The Great Death". It's simply superior overall. It's just one of the most kick *** assault's you could get your hands on. And don't give me that "there are other great clan assault mechs" -crap, because you all know the greatest and brightest of Clan warriors piloted a Dire Wolf. It's a bit like Timber Wolf, Summoner and Hellbringer; iconic, superior mechs that were piloted by only those who understood their greatness and could put their whole arsenal to use.

So, in conclusion: Daishi is my choice, but I love Atlas too, because IT'S JUST GOT SOME BALLS!

#139 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

Quoted for truth. We're playing before the Clan invasion, people! Get to know your Inner Sphere 'Mechs!

Edited by Youngblood, 06 March 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#140 Arthurial

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Atlas, the original 100-ton killer. Designed I might add by the creator of the Clans himself. So check mate lol.

41 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users