703 replies to this topic

#181 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Bloody..... All you Innersphere freebirths and your failure to learn the real names. Daishi... NO. say it with me: DIRE WOLF.

#182 Icedpyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

neither personally. I would go with a Timber wolf, a Thor, or a Warhammer if I had the choice. MAYBE a bushwacker depending on the battlefield.

Edited by Icedpyre, 27 April 2012 - 05:31 AM.

#183 Jonas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHot Springs Ar.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:30 AM

Dire Wolf, hands down. The Atlas is a good Mech but I have never really liked it.

#184 Deathsythe

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Dire Wolf - DAISHI - The Great Death Aka Deathscythe

The Daishi is an excellent mech and no they wont crumble easy. A daishi equipped with 2 Clan ERPPC, 2 Clan ERLasers, LBX-10, Clan LRM-15, Narc, 4 Clan Heatsinks, 2 Clan Jumpjets, 4 Clan MedLasers and Clan SRM-12 would kill, but a squad of them would rape. On its own this variant would be capable of 7 consecutive PPC and Laser shots per minute. Just post up in a lake and it would be able to fire 20 consecutive PPC shots in less than 10 seconds with no overheat at all. That is true devastation at its finest.

Clan Tech has stood the test of time and battle, and there is no other tech I would put my trust in. I honestly forgot if there is a clan version of the LBX cannon.

Edited by Deathsythe, 29 April 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#185 Red Scorpella

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationGilroy, CA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

An Awesome with Double Heat Sinks kick the speed up to 4/6 so that more of the Double Heat Sinks are internalized,
AWS-9M but keeping the original 3 PPC's (not ER) & Tagetting Computer LT Opposite the RT PPC. Daishi too Clannish, Atlas too bulky, the Awesome is the perfect middle ground mech with a good punch and longer range. IMO Clan Weaponry for the most part is too heat intensive, smarter to use New Engines & Double Heat Sinks with older weapons that are easier to replace and 10x cheaper.

#186 Red Scorpella

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationGilroy, CA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostDeathsythe, on 29 April 2012 - 10:30 AM, said:

Dire Wolf - DAISHI - The Great Death Aka Deathscythe

The Daishi is an excellent mech and no they wont crumble easy. A daishi equipped with 2 Clan ERPPC, 2 Clan ERLasers, LBX-10, Clan LRM-15, Narc, 4 Clan Heatsinks, 2 Clan Jumpjets, 4 Clan MedLasers and Clan SRM-12 would kill, but a squad of them would rape. On its own this variant would be capable of 7 consecutive PPC and Laser shots per minute. Just post up in a lake and it would be able to fire 20 consecutive PPC shots in less than 10 seconds with no overheat at all. That is true devastation at its finest.

Clan Tech has stood the test of time and battle, and there is no other tech I would put my trust in. I honestly forgot if there is a clan version of the LBX cannon.

LOL yeah sit in a lake waist deep.... when I roll damage I now have twice the chance to roll a head shot, sure you can dish out damage but you also make yourself dead because of the area's that can be hit have been reduced by half, heck run into something with 6 ER Mediums and there is 100% chance a head shot will occur and remove ALL the Cockpit Armor. IDK if you know the rules for a submerged mech but you roll a 1d6 not 2d6 for hit location, any mech above level 1 ignores the partial coverage of the water but you are still vulnerable to Punch Table for damage. Daishi up mate.... I'll take my 40 Ton Zippo with 20 Small Lasers and promise that I would crack your cockpit into so many peices not to mention the club coming down after the 20 Small Lasers pepper your Punch Table locations(not to mention your sitting in water so no movement modifers either... sitting duck comes to mind).

#187 Drakewolff Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationDavenport Oklahoma

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

i would pick the Daishi to me that the best clan mech

#188 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:20 PM

View PostDrakewolff Kerensky, on 30 April 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

i would pick the Daishi to me that the best clan mech

not to be rude, but, if your going to use a CLAN mech, please, use its original CLAN designation of DireWolf.

oh, and while the Direwolf is a wonderful clan mech, I prefer the Timber Wolf or Timber Wolf MK2 or the Stone Rhino or Marauder IIC over the Dire Wolf, even the Warhawk is fun XD

#189 Dwimbles

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

I like the name Dire Wolf... but I am sorry to say that you are wrong in calling it that trashborn. It is a Daishi through and through. Now say it with me, DAISHI. ^_^

#190 Prozone

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

Daishi H... Nuff said!

#191 Rumrunner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

Depends on the gamechanik and the possibilitys to upgrade the Atlas. Without full upgrades to Clantech, an Atlas is no match for a Daishi.

#192 MechRaccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn a dumpster. A walking, nuclear powered, space dumpster with lasers on it.

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

ATLAS.

As tough as a brick wall, very balanced load-out that can work at all ranges, and it looks very intimidating.

No matter what way you look at it, the Atlas can make anyone crap their pants. My dad's roofing company is also called Atlas Roofing.

Not to mention,

Posted Image

Edited by MechRaccoon, 06 May 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#193 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostDirewolffe, on 01 May 2012 - 05:25 AM, said:

I like the name Dire Wolf... but I am sorry to say that you are wrong in calling it that trashborn. It is a Daishi through and through. Now say it with me, DAISHI. :D

you are WRONG freebirth. PROOF: Dire Wolf Production information Manufacturer Wolf Clan Site #1

now, bow before me or be crushed by my DIRE WOLF.

#194 Haakon Valravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 354 posts
  • LocationSWMT

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Atlas or a Daiwhat? Die-she? What?

I'll stick with the Atlas, cuz I know what it is. If the Dire Wolf were an option, that would be a whole other ball of wax.

#195 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

I would imagine when clans become playable, the Direwolf becomes playable! <closes his eyes and hopes as hard as he can>

#196 RM5292

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

If It was between the two probably the Daishi, Atlas may be a classic but I kinda like the Daishi more.
Although iv always had a soft spot for the warhammer.

Edited by RM5292, 08 May 2012 - 10:36 PM.

#197 neodym

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Locationready to help with closed beta

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:10 PM

in my opinion,Atlas is most boring least desirable 100ton mech I know for one and half decade I play MW games,I am clan fan but I love many IS assault mechs but Atlas is he isnt really ballistic beast,he isnt really energy beast,not really missile boat,no jump jets,look so boring

I just dont like Atlas,thats why I was so hoping to get Devastator

Daishi on other hand is terminator in world of mechwarrior,theres 100 ton atlas,then theres even better IS 100 ton mechs,then theres clan 100 tonners and then theres Daishi... slow walking death,that thing was gRape in mw3,4

#198 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 26 April 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Bloody..... All you Innersphere freebirths and your failure to learn the real names. Daishi... NO. say it with me: DIRE WOLF.

Ah yes...considering your signature...well met

Have no problems with the Dire Wolf...but it should primary available for Smoke Jaguars. There are two reason always to choose the Atlas
1 - Ian Davion piloted a Atlas when he died
2 - Victor Steiner Davion piloted a Dire Wolf...

So when you are looking for glory and honor you take the Atlas - when you looking to become a pain you go for the Dire Wolf

#199 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 08 May 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

you are WRONG freebirth. PROOF: Dire Wolf Production information Manufacturer Wolf Clan Site #1

now, bow before me or be crushed by my DIRE WOLF.

*sighs* what are these fake, freebirth clansmen coming to? SURATS ALL OF THEM, CRUSH THEM!!

View PostKarl Streiger, on 08 May 2012 - 11:40 PM, said:

Ah yes...considering your signature...well met

Have no problems with the Dire Wolf...but it should primary available for Smoke Jaguars. There are two reason always to choose the Atlas
1 - Ian Davion piloted a Atlas when he died
2 - Victor Steiner Davion piloted a Dire Wolf...

So when you are looking for glory and honor you take the Atlas - when you looking to become a pain you go for the Dire Wolf

Yes, the pain in the *** that kills the Atlas, and walks away with armor scratched a little, but functional.

#200 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

Guardian you will be the first bloody my Dire Wolf draws.

64 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 64 guests, 0 anonymous users