• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Atlas II anyone?

#502 Alairia

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Direwolf "daishi" all day long! Although the Warhawk "masakari" was fun too.

#503 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'm a big fan of both Atlas and Dire Wolf "Daishi". But I'm a much bigger of Atlas than Daishi, because Atlas is more versatile and more heavily-armored than Dire Wolf; even though Dire Wolf has a superior firepower, but I still think that the Atlas' firepower is quite comparable with Dire Wolf depends on the customization.

#504 Razor Kotovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 754 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussian Death Legion, Golden Lion lance lieutenant

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

My signature holds the answer.

#505 MaliceWolfe

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Daishi. Pretty sure it is jappanese for "I love watching an Atlas explode from an ammo hit." (Pre 3050 the Atlas was great. But nothing matches the fear of a Daishi showing up on the board.)

#506 Gabrielpendragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

People talk about CT shots...Who wastes their time or ammo on torso shots at all? if you can shoot that precise you will kill a lot faster aiming for a leg. if you can't shoot that precisely then spray and pray into the torso is the way to go.

#507 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Dire Wolf/Daishi is a monster that is feared but if i could get a modified Behemoth or Behemoth II i wont be unhappy Behemoths are just as scary as a Daishi and pack power and armor the Atlas and its counterpart the Warlord models just look dum with those stupid skull faces that says shoot me im a walking timebomb lol though if setup right the Warlord is better than its Atlas predecessor

Edit: And yes im aware the Warlord is a 80ton mech origionally built to be a smaller battlemaster but when the final product hit it looked like a 80ton atlas even though made by different companys however if i was to say any IS Assult needs credit over the clan it would be a Fafnir

Edited by Banekane, 06 September 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#508 Ulysses Jacobi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 52 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBelingham, WA

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Warhawk, please. Preferably Charlie loadout.

in 3049, I think a Banshee BNC-3S would be the better choice.

#509 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,374 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

Give me an Annihilator anyday

View PostDraken X, on 06 September 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

I'm a big fan of both Atlas and Dire Wolf "Daishi". But I'm a much bigger of Atlas than Daishi, because Atlas is more versatile and more heavily-armored than Dire Wolf; even though Dire Wolf has a superior firepower, but I still think that the Atlas' firepower is quite comparable with Dire Wolf depends on the customization.

How is the Atlas more versatle than a full-on 100 tonne OMNIMECH!! You do know what an Omnimech is right?

#510 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

View PostStonefalcon, on 06 September 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

How is the Atlas more versatle than a full-on 100 tonne OMNIMECH!! You do know what an Omnimech is right?

Relax... What I mean is, if your have an IS assault mech platform, and you got some Clan techs, you could replace the existing IS techs with Clan versions. Then, the remaining free tons for other additional customization for an extra flexibility. I mean versatile, in terms of customization.

If you got a Clan mech, you don't have much choice as you do with the IS platform.

PS: Of course I know what Omnimech is, but if you customize a Clan Omnimech by replacing between Clan weapons, it wouldn't be that flexible. If it's IS Omnimech, you got more choices for modifications.

View PostMaliceWolfe, on 06 September 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Daishi. Pretty sure it is jappanese for "I love watching an Atlas explode from an ammo hit." (Pre 3050 the Atlas was great. But nothing matches the fear of a Daishi showing up on the board.)

You're maybe right, but I still say that Atlas' firepower is by chance comparable to Dire Wolf.

PSS: Look up Atlas with ERPPCs, Gauss Rifle, and LRMs. If an Atlas stay far away from a Dire Wolf, Atlas may get the edge. If brawling near against the Dire Wolf, obviously the Dire Wolf gets the upper hands. But still, skill wins.

Edited by Draken X, 06 September 2012 - 11:13 PM.

#511 Mithius

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

Can I have a Kodiak instead? I love my bear...

#512 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

Of the two named in the thread title, I would prefer the Atlas. B)

Of the currently-announced 'Mechs (BattleMechs 1-15), I would choose the Cataphract (BattleMech 11; specifically, the CTF-3D). :)

Of any 'Mech known to BT canon, I would choose the Marauder. B)

#513 Vaengar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDeer Mountain, Poland

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

Daishi is like nu metal

Atlas is like classic hard rock

This is the obvious choice - ATLAS :)

#514 BreezySkink

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Dire wolf... gimme one of those and i'll pay stenier a visit..

#515 Dymitry

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationSibko

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

The Dire Wolf is possibly the only Clan mech for whom his IS designation is more representative of his role than the original name.
If the sighting of an atlas does not scare you, a DW will.
In his prime configuration it outguns every other mech out there. Plus the wolf comes with 19.5 tons of armour and a 300 rated engine as standard.
The "lower armour/slower than an atlas" is another of those lovely MW4 creations. In terms of everything but cost of operation it is way superior to any Atlas.

This said, I am a sucker for the skull head commissioned by the great father himself, always have been!

#516 Viper528

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

Have to say if I have to pick one of the two I would go with the Daishi... always preferred the configurations over the standard Atlas. If I had my pick though I would go with a Devastator!

#517 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:24 AM

Atlas or Daishi (?)

Wait a sec... we're compaing a single IS Mech against plural Clan Mechs? That's not fair...

#518 dave1

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

Daishi, weapon loadouts were much better. If you'll be able to upgrade motor it will be awsome.

#519 Valkaryie

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 60 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Great Death is a double meaning and the Atlas is so slow give me a Highlander or a Victor hands down.

#520 Bolo Nike

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

honestly i choose the Dire Wolf but what i really want is a Masakari w/ 4 ERPPCs and heatsinks to accomodate. I win.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users