69 replies to this topic

#61 greywolf79

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

Well, I am able to play again... At 4gb Ram now. Waiting for last 2gb stick to make it 6gb.

#62 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationLike I would tell you!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

Man o' Man I am excited, I'v been register to play since sign up but never had a good enough machine to play.

Been Jonesing for a year, aft the old MekTek sites went black.

Anyway, this thread has been super helpful to me when it came to picking what I could and could not afford cash wise, and game play wise.

So thanks for all the excellent posts on gear, I look forward to getting blown-up by you all quite soon,

Saturday cant arrive soon enough!!!

#63 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

Well dont be shy and post questions of the build or fit. There are more than a few tech smart pilots of robot doom in here, That are always willing to steer fellow pc users to computation greatness......lol

#64 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Thanks a ton mate!

I have a i7, 8g ram, 350g 7200rpm drive, radeon HD 6770 coming.

from what I have read here, I will need to overclock, and the radeon looks like it will be a little underpowered.

On the bright side, my bar is low.... very low to make me happy!

#65 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

At what resolution do you plan to play?
Which i7?

So far the system sounds like it can handle MWO at least at low settings. If you don't play in full HD it might even be a little bit more.

In any case: I'd try stock clocks at first and see how it runs. You can still do some OC, if you aren't satisfied with the results. ;)

#66 Jonny Slam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

12 hours to go!!!!

Ego, I will let you know as so as I got it mate!!!

#67 Oldmanv

Rookie

• Star Colonel V
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:24 AM

So, reporting.

After my post at the previous page here i bought an MSI GTX 650 OCv1 (with 1 gig gddr5).
Played-tested it for almost two month now.

Right before 2014 i had solid 60fps with v-sync and all settings high on 1366x768 monitor.
Before the patch (5th of march 2014, it's reported to cause some framedrops, so i can't tell now) i had to tweak the settings as the fps dropped in january-february. So, my settings are "high" except SHADOWS, POSTPROCESSING and other blurry and glare stuff. Usually i have not less than 45fps, and over 50 in general.

P.s. As i bought a GTX i understood what a pain was playing with Intel HD 4000.

P.p.s. As i start to cry about not having all very high @ 60fps - i just go to the forum and see, that many of mechwarriors with far more powerful vcards also do not have this priviledge.

#68 Ruuki

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Eh, I just recently got my new gaming computer. Handles it perfectly.

Though, not sure about the specifications, I can give what I know, even if I already know I can run MWO.

4gb DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
3.5GHZ Six core processor
Liquid cooling
1 TB SATA harddrive
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I'm well within the maximum requirements, I know.

But, the reason I'm posting is if you're on a budget; you can try CyberpowerPC. This monster of a PC was quite cheap at $719

#69 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostRuuki, on 18 March 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

Eh, I just recently got my new gaming computer. Handles it perfectly.

Though, not sure about the specifications, I can give what I know, even if I already know I can run MWO.

4gb DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
3.5GHZ Six core processor
Liquid cooling
1 TB SATA harddrive
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

I'm well within the maximum requirements, I know.

But, the reason I'm posting is if you're on a budget; you can try CyberpowerPC. This monster of a PC was quite cheap at $719

that's pretty decent bang for your buck the only thing I would add is another 4gb of ram rite out of the box IMHO

#70 mastabomba

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

View Postthekler, on 05 November 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

I have 3.6 ghz processor (AMD FX™-4100 quad processor)
8.00 gb ram (3.25 usable)
32 bit windows 7
ATI Radeon HD 5400 series display adapter (video card)

I have turned the game on lowest settings and brought my resolution (usually 1920x1080) to the lowest the game offers, and it is still too laggy to play, also used game booster which improves FPS on my games, still, very hard to play. Walking around with nothing going on is ok, but with mechs fighting and moving it becomes pointless Posted Image
Upgrade here I come!

I think this is why my rig with Win 8 32-bit (4 GB RAM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 3.0 GHz) always get blackscreen if I change to fullscreen or edit video settings from default.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users