MPBT Players Thread

379 replies to this topic

#161 Wildwoman

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationChicago Burbs

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:35 AM

Happy Thanksgiving my friends!! I hope you all have someone you love or care about to spend the day with today ;) Off to spend the morning in the kitchen being the Wildwoman I am, tee hee. I am thankful for you all!!

#162 Mustang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 125 posts
  • LocationMargaritaville , Al

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

View PostGargoyleKDR, on 09 November 2011 - 09:33 AM, said:

I have the game staff manual in my files. I'll look it up later tonight after I get home.

- Garg.

Aka MPBT Bayne

found my old MPBT stuff tonight even got the talk them through the suicide procedure

#163 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

View PostMustang, on 27 November 2011 - 10:33 PM, said:

found my old MPBT stuff tonight even got the talk them through the suicide procedure

Anyone got a copy of the MB training guide I wrote for the Indians? I'd love to get a copy of that. Might see if Cynthia has a copy still :)

#164 WhiteTiger

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hail all, Tiger reporting, been a long time seeing all the warriors again.

It's good to see everyone's still kicking.

#165 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

hmm, just found my old save file from 2002, with all the mech images from 3025, shame i only have 1 low res pic of Smauther, Habu, Bad Elec and Ahriman (all HH pilots) kickin the pants out of a Drac team, namely Wraith and Riffled (the 2 others from the DC team arent viewable)

#166 Merlin DRAAGUN

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

It has been a long a time my friends. I assure you I am alive and very well. I remember a time when we all had a game that moved thousands of people. I also remember a time when we were one with each other. (Gencon '99) I remember a time of 3025 and the dreams that it held. I also remember a time of that dream being snatched out from under our feet. I hope this is a new era, an era of rebuilding, and new dreams and legends.

For those that do not know, my name is Merlin®.... there will never be another.

****Merlin DRAAGUN

#167 King Cobra

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:07 AM

<S> Major Mouse of the 1st Davion Guards reporting in, but i havent seen Col. Firestorm yet....... Its great to be back everyone!

#168 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

Ok so I'm kinda flappin in the breeze out there on the main boards. If ya'll want a real strategic shell I can use some support. 99 out of 100 threads are about physics and match game mediocreness. 2 of the 3 threads on strat I started and only bout 7 people even seem to have a clue or a care. The people HERE know how good the game could be done. If you don't speak up your askin for a Zone Lobby match up or MW4 match up or at BEST an ISWars clone. SPEAK UP WE are the ones who've seen a good strategic game or at least the idea of it.

#169 WMC Gomez

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, WA

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

<poking head in the door> wow, it has been a very long time since I have seen the names of Metro, Gargoyle and Rush. Never fear though, the Warpig Mercenary Company has found their way back to the fold. (well i have anyway)

Good to see so many people back.

Fear the Moo!

#170 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

Merlin I remember you trying to keep me in line when I first joined DRAAGUN on AOL. I think I was about 9 and I went by the handle stalker. Im 26 now! I think I used to fight with some guy mustang all the time. Man that was before DRAAGUN was in the AFFS. I also made a logo at that age in paint with some clip art images for the stable. Hahah good times.

#171 GargoyleKDR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 404 posts
  • LocationBlaine, WA

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

View PostWMC Gomez, on 02 December 2011 - 09:50 PM, said:

<poking head in the door> wow, it has been a very long time since I have seen the names of Metro, Gargoyle and Rush. Never fear though, the Warpig Mercenary Company has found their way back to the fold. (well i have anyway)

Good to see so many people back.

Fear the Moo!

Great to see you and the WMC, Gomez. ^_^

- Garg.

#172 WMC Gomez

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, WA

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

Hey Gargoyle! So glad to see people poking back in the fold. Now if we can just get that lag cannon back online from MPBT..... <sounds of tinkering>

#173 xMarshallx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 01:56 PM

View PostKyll Long, on 02 December 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

Ok so I'm kinda flappin in the breeze out there on the main boards. If ya'll want a real strategic shell I can use some support. 99 out of 100 threads are about physics and match game mediocreness. 2 of the 3 threads on strat I started and only bout 7 people even seem to have a clue or a care. The people HERE know how good the game could be done. If you don't speak up your askin for a Zone Lobby match up or MW4 match up or at BEST an ISWars clone. SPEAK UP WE are the ones who've seen a good strategic game or at least the idea of it.

Agree 100% Kyll. Remember back in the days when the game use to hold IRC meetings? It might be time to follow suit, but in a manner that aligns with the technology we have at our disposal - hold a meeting with old MPBT vets and see how we can't let our voices be heard.

#174 Shadowstarr

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

I got the original MPBT 3025 design specification. Legally speaking, I am not sure if i should share internal Kesmai Corp documentation. I so pose could make a long summarized post on how it was to work.

-SS

Edited by Shadowstarr, 03 December 2011 - 02:11 PM.

#175 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

NDA and non competes are out of date. Especially if it was from Kemsai and not EA :)

#176 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:11 PM

View PostThe Sniper, on 03 December 2011 - 01:56 PM, said:

Agree 100% Kyll. Remember back in the days when the game use to hold IRC meetings? It might be time to follow suit, but in a manner that aligns with the technology we have at our disposal - hold a meeting with old MPBT vets and see how we can't let our voices be heard.

I'm up for it but not sure everyones paying as much attention as we are currently :). thats my fear is we're gonna get short cut out of a game because we're not being vocal or we're waiting on more details. The way the boards are going it may be too late by the time we get details.

#177 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

Thats the issue for sure and I think that there will be some of those who fizzle out and may not pay that much attention after awhile. After all, we could be facing a year...tough to admit but, the reality is there.
Our guild just did a preliminary meeting this past weekend and to my surprise a good chunk of the roster turned out. Although really what did we have to talk about? Not much...but it was very cool to hear voices from those who have been on our team for nearly 15 years.
But really the truth still remained and our conversations were dry. We just dont have much to go on. It really is still to early.

#178 TC DragonMaw

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGulf Shores, Al & New Orleans, La

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:15 AM

Guys, I feel it pudent that we discuss the statigic portion, and design chacarteristics for this game and bring it to the attention of the developers. I truly hope this is not going to be like the Zone MW or even the MW4. I do hope for an economy, mech production, supply chain, etc...
I was not in on the EGA game so I can not speak about how they did it. I am very famililar with the ISW shell and how it worked, and the flaws encounter there.
I agree with a meeting with the ole MPBT hands to discuss the statigic portion of this planned game. Of course asking for comments from the developers in this matter may open the discussion even further.
I enjoyed the statigic part of of the game tremendously and hope a true planet conquest game is in the works.

TC

Edited by TC_DragonMaw, 04 December 2011 - 01:16 AM.

#179 Shadowstarr

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:56 AM

started a thread about 3025 game mechanics / strat engine so jump on in. http://mwomercs.com/...game-mechanics/

#180 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:57 AM

View PostKyll Long, on 02 December 2011 - 08:09 PM, said:

I am with you on this Kyll...and TC and everyone else who wants to get in on the action. We need to get the DEVS to recognize the importance of these aspects to the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users