Clan Black Sheep [CBS]

32 replies to this topic

#1 HeavyMetal2

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

We live!! This game should be a great opportunity for all us old goats to get back together, sip on some 'schlager, and do some damage just like back in The Registry days!

#2 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

Ahem He@vyMet@l Im actually the last and current Khan, after the mass diaspora of Sheep when MW4 came out. Been representing all these years.

#3 DCleric

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTX

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

He@vy!!!
How's it going? Great to see you!
DCleric

#4 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

....out of the dusty hue of a setting sun and a 1000 ComStar hulks, a strange looking mech approaches from the west. As it gets closer, and enhanced view of the mechwarrior's name can barely be made out... Mota Prefect....

AND A MIGHTY BLEET IS HEARD OVER THE LOUDSPEAKER

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Greetings my old friends! I come bearing gifts of schlager and newly made jenny dolls! Its been along time since I've see the lot of you, glad to know you're all still alive and kickin. I look forward to new schlager induced blackouts in my warhammer! Let us re-live the glory days anew. Oh yeah I need new parts for the on board keg-o-rator asap

Hail Clan Black Sheep!
Mota, Beernamed "Prefect"

p.s. my memory is just as crappy as it was 10+ years ago, but wasn't I saKhan in our last incarnation?

#5 DCleric

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTX

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

MOTA!,
Good to see you! I think I have some spares for the keg-o-rator around here somewhere.( starts kicking piles of parts and avoiding falling debris) Ah! Here you go (holding a dusty rusty part in a chewed up box) You may want to clean that up a bit first.

#6 Mota Prefect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 634 posts
  • LocationAboard Sheep Star 1 Battleship - Location Classified

Posted 21 November 2011 - 02:54 AM

View PostDCleric, on 20 November 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

MOTA!,
Good to see you! I think I have some spares for the keg-o-rator around here somewhere.( starts kicking piles of parts and avoiding falling debris) Ah! Here you go (holding a dusty rusty part in a chewed up box) You may want to clean that up a bit first.

YO DC!

Make sure them keg-o-rator parts are ready to rock ( dirty if need be ) schlager needs to flooooooooooooowwwwwww :)

#7 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:56 AM

Well well well..look what the..huh..cannott think of anything that would be desperate enough to drag one of YOU lot in...except another Sheep..if you owed him money..or had some Schlager hidden somewhere...or had the keys to the Jenny locker...

All of you Inner Sphere scum pay attention, Clan Black Sheep was once the scourge of the Inner Sphere bars..and brothels..and on occasion they were known to climb into a Mech and kill stravags by the score...as long as they were drunk enough to pilot a Mech.

#8 TheRealAsh

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:33 AM

Some of you smell eerily familiar, others not so much, and now several computers later I no longer have the old website with the roster, so it'll be like The Hangover, trying to piece together what happened before and who everyone is. Just not as funny, though hopefully with fewer naked asian men. I blame it on the lack of reliable (and I use that word loosely) 'schlager supplies and the loss of braincells as a result.

This game has been a long time coming, but a few of us have returned, and more shall appear in the year before its release. At which point, the universe shall tremble in fear or a reasonable facsimile thereof! Hide your women! (it's more fun that way), lock up your children (they'll just get in our way), but leave your Goldschlager out (or we'll get really mad). Clan Black Sheep is on the way!

#9 Androclese

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

The old website, in the state it was in from 15 years ago, it back online. Honestly, the only thing really worth checking out is Ash's logo and the Archives... man does that bring back some memories...

#10 Schlag Dog

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

What is the address of the old site? Wouldn't mind cruising through it again for grins.

#11 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

Okay, yet one more time - The use of the term "clan" to identify your team with, unless you are a Battletech/Mechwarrior mileu "Clan", should not be considered appropriate by your team. The term "clan" is okay in any other game BUT in one based on the BT-milieu.

Especially since in the BT-universe, CBS denotes Clan Blood Spirit (CBS), which will, unfortunately, not be making an appearance any time soon in this version of MW.

You should be able to call yourselves simply "the Black Sheep" and caveat that you were previously the Clan Black Sheep in whatever league you were in prior.

And yes, we are all well aware of what gamers know the term clan to mean - it means team, unit, faction, group, etc - it cannot, however, be used as you want it to be in MWO.

Observe the convention and you will have peace and work. The IS would be reluctant to have anything to do with you if you identify yourselves in the game as Clan Black Sheep.

#12 Androclese

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostSchlag Dog, on 31 March 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

What is the address of the old site? Wouldn't mind cruising through it again for grins.

http://ClanBlackSheep.net/

#13 Androclese

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 31 March 2012 - 01:33 PM, said:

Okay, yet one more time - The use of the term "clan" to identify your team with, unless you are a Battletech/Mechwarrior mileu "Clan", should not be considered appropriate by your team. The term "clan" is okay in any other game BUT in one based on the BT-milieu.

Especially since in the BT-universe, CBS denotes Clan Blood Spirit (CBS), which will, unfortunately, not be making an appearance any time soon in this version of MW.

You should be able to call yourselves simply "the Black Sheep" and caveat that you were previously the Clan Black Sheep in whatever league you were in prior.

And yes, we are all well aware of what gamers know the term clan to mean - it means team, unit, faction, group, etc - it cannot, however, be used as you want it to be in MWO.

Observe the convention and you will have peace and work. The IS would be reluctant to have anything to do with you if you identify yourselves in the game as Clan Black Sheep.

...which if you knew ANYTHING about our history, is entirely the point.

Real World? We were founded August 17, 1995 as an initial member of the MechWarrior 2: Registry (which I founded*).

In game, we exist to outside of the canon because we were kept a secret from all the other Clans. The best of their stock was selected to crate us by "the Man" himself. ...too bad he shipped us a few dozen crates of homebrew kits instead of homestead kits. *hic*

Clan Politics? Inner Sphere bureaucracy? We exist to spit in the eye of such things. We are some of the best pilots out there and will happily show you once the power gets turn on in this place.

In the mean time, go read our history; you may find it amusing, or you may not. In either case, we are Clan Black Sheep; always have been, always will be.

http://clanblackshee...he_archives.htm

#14 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostAndroclese, on 31 March 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

In the mean time, go read our history; you may find it amusing, or you may not. In either case, we are Clan Black Sheep; always have been, always will be.

http://clanblackshee...he_archives.htm

Irrespective, your "Clan" is not part of the canon at game start, which is 3049. The Clans in the BT-universe are well established, contrary to your desire to have things your way ("we were kept a secret" - no one will buy that but yourselves).

As simply "The Black Sheep", you will find yourselves the same force you describe above without having the unnecessary trappings of being an IS House or Clan. You are essentially a mercenary force and the appelation of "Clan" in MWO for your team is not apt. Once the game launches, the players can write the fiction - provided everybody colludes and agrees with the reasons behind whatever is created. You might want to consider the community ballyhoo over Clan Wolverine with respect to your desire to enter the game as Clan Black Sheep.

I sincerely respect that you and your fellow players want to name your team so, but it really is out of place and inconsistant with the game at this time. There will be only four Clans represented in the game and noone knows if there will be any consideration for the Homeworlds Clans. As someone who has played the BT/CBT/MW games since the first printing of the TT in the 80's, I recommend you should reconsider taking a hiatus from calling yourself a "Clan" (note the capitalization) for the nonce. You will know the right time when the alternate reality phase kicks in.

#15 Androclese

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 01 April 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

Irrespective, your "Clan" is not part of the canon at game start... blah, blah, big-words, stopped listening a while ago

Uh huh, uh huh, yeah, OK. Thank you for your submission to the [CBS] opinion line, but the comments period on what to name ourselves (that would be [CBS] Clan Black Sheep in case you missed it) ended back in 1995; you missed the window by 17 years.

I've been dealing with canon fanatics my entire time online; hell, even back in the BBS days. Every game I play online has had a segment of the population who makes it their mission to ensure that their vision of the game meets the strict guidelines of whatever rule book the game was spawned from.

...And let us be perfectly clear on this point, this is a GAME, it was INSPIRED by Battletech and the universe that has grown up around it, but at its core, it is still a game, and events within the game, while they may follow the canon at specific key points, will not follow it to the letter. It cannot, otherwise there is no user interaction, it is simply a view-only demo. Is Team Banzai really going to be forced to take the specific missions that were described in the books and nothing else? Will the IS be forced to only hire the mercs that were described in the books, making a fixed number of names available? Sorry, but it isn't going to work that way.

You can do whatever you want to make yourself sleep better at night, but this is a game, it is only a game, what happens here stays here. Call it an alternate Universe, call it whatever you like, but we are here to have fun, not to follow the details of every word of the books. If you want that, go play the RPG version; you'll have a much more enjoyable time.

We are not here to make you happy, we are not here to comply to your version of the way things should be. I am sorry, but that is the reality of it. You can quote the books all you want, hell, I can do the same, and our creation story was crafted to fit in between bits of canon, but does not matter because this is a GAME where people are meant to have FUN. If your version of fun means shooting the canon cannon at people, knock yourself out, but aiming it our direction won't have any effect on us. You go have your fun, we will go have ours.

#16 Mccann

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

And *that*.... my fellow sheep.... is that....

/me salutes Andro! (You better duck!)

Need a bigger "Like" button.... maybe use a blink tag on it or something? :o
*hic*

#17 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

Gremlich I was at one time in Clan Blood Spirit for the Grand Council MW2 League. Back then BSp was ALWAYS Blood Spirits tag, 1. To avoid the obvious crack of 'The TV Channel Guys hawhaw!' 2 The rest of the Clans didnt have C's at the start of their tags (GS,SJ,JF etc) and 3 to avoid being confused with Clan Black Sheep that was in a Planetary League and not GC. The Bandit caste for canonical purposes makes a legitimate cover and whos is to say if Wolfs Dragoon's were the 1st of the Clans forays into the Inner Sphere? There were no prohibitions placed upon the other Clans by the Grand Council regarding sending out a Inteligence Gathering mission, so they could have very likely have done so. Wolf volunteered to send out the Vanguard Dragoons and tactically the other Clans would be foolish to not do so as well. They just didnt make it common knowledge.

Clan Black Sheep has been a part of Meching Online from waaay back, and tho we didnt always have a strong showing in Mech 3 and 4, we were there, even if it was just me representing. Lord the frothing fits had back then but we made plenty of friends amongst our Foes and the hulla-balloo stopped, so let it rest.

#18 Androclese

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostMccann, on 13 April 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

And *that*.... my fellow sheep.... is that....

/me salutes Andro! (You better duck!)

Need a bigger "Like" button.... maybe use a blink tag on it or something? :o
*hic*

Praise the Test Tube that spawned me, McCann is back!!!!

Awesome! Now we can finally trick out our keggerators!

Alright, first round is on me, second round, I'll even pay for! O.o

#19 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

I get what you guys are going for, but don't you think justifying your name by saying "oh, but we're a super-duper secret Clan that overslept the day that.... blah blah" is just a bit corny.

Let's be fair, if you guys want to be an inappropriately turgid gold-plated dick defiantly pointing in the face of all things holy to Battletech/Mechwarrior, who am I to say ni, but at least be more creative with your backstory. The CBS acronym is a nice start. You guys should include something about how the Exodus was actually started over a bad break up between Kerensky and your founder. Something about Kerensky needed "time and space". Throw in something about him being upset over not getting enough "cuddle time" or whatever.

Come on... dig a little deeper :o

Edit:... okay... A.N.A.L is censored, but not dick? I is confused.

Edited by MagnusEffect, 14 April 2012 - 06:18 AM.

#20 Vincent Vascaul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationEverett, Wa

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:29 AM

Dick can be someones name a.n.a.l. can't

CBS Cares

(sorry couldn't resist :o )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users