Ask The Devs 13!

46 replies to this topic

#21 Raikaze

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Locationusa

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:13 AM

not shure of this is ot but with battle net recently being hacked has i got to thinking what if it happened to mwo ,if someone got hacked and what if anything has it brought any real talks to the table on what we the players can do to recover smoothly if hacked because nothing is totaly secure

second question with the clans far away what kind of incentive to us players aside from rp to join these factions other from paint shemes that will likely be there

and question 3 will we get to put bountys on players for events like solaris with incentive for the player targeted by the bounty to show up for like a match or something could be used as a tool for players to handle griefers that will likely show up

Edited by Raikaze, 12 August 2012 - 02:35 AM.

#22 XMJM

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

How many days before start of the open beta will it be announced?

#23 Xattabyich

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMotherland

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:28 AM

Will you made more graphic settings to change manually (like in World of Tanks: water graphic settings, shadow graphic settings, grass settings and etc. ) or it will be like now (only low, medium, high and very high settings to choose) ?

Thanks for answer

#24 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

With the recent ISN posting hinting at the Arrow IV missile system, will that weapon be available for player use? And if so, how will the crit distribution be handled?

#25 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

1. Where's the Zeus?

2. From what's been said, I have sort of envisioned a MWO galaxy where players belong to Merc Units, Clans, IS Houses and they fight for control of systems at the territorial edges, I guess for XP and other bonus's. This is how PC character storyline RP is developed and breaks MWO out of just team vs team Base Capture gameplay. Is that close to correct and how soon will we see something like that or RP elements?

3. I need a Thunderbolt Missile for my Awesome.

#26 FuriA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationITALY

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Question:

If 0% is the beginning and 100% is a completed game, today MWO at what % is?

#27 Rhyshaelkan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

View PostJost, on 10 August 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Can you please try and get some indication on the direction the devs are planning to go on some of the issues we keep hearing about over and over and over in the forums? I'm not looking for binding promises, just indications.

Questions like [REDACTED].

Actually, it's hard to think of decent questions that don't violate the NDA.

Could we please get a "ask the devs, beta version"?

I too would like to have a Beta version of ask the devs.

#28 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:59 PM

Can we see a list of which variants(of the so-far announced mechs) are planned to be included?

Including the variants currently in beta, for the rest of the folks to see.

#29 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostCharlotte de Wisteria, on 12 August 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

Q2> Could a roadmap of sorts be provided so that players, beta testers or otherwise, will at least be able to know what PGI is doing, instead of the ever-present silence that we are faced with now?

Same as above

also where is the Zeus?

#30 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Can you tell us how many maps are currently planned for Open Beta?
Can you tell us how many mechs are currently planned for Open Beta?

And when I say "planned for Open Beta", I mean actually in the game when the Open Beta launches, not at some point during the Open Beta. In the video reveals we've currently seen a snow map, a foresty map and a volcano map.. so that's 3. Obviously content is going to be pushed out continuously even after Open Beta and the official Retail Launch.. but I'm curious how things are shaping up for the Open Beta launch, which has the expectation of being the unofficial game launch.

#31 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

In the game will you give players the option to switch the controls if it is not fit to the player's liking or just to make it easier for them to play the game?

Edited by Will9761, 12 August 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#32 Gear Devlyn

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Did you look at my post on page 86 of your "help us help you get stuff" thread? You really should cause I had the best suggestions and I think they got buried at the back-end of the thread. :-)

#33 Xathanael

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 710 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona, USA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

Q: Can a Brutha get a Hatamoto-Chi?!!?!?!?

Posted Image

Edited by Xathanael, 12 August 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#34 Rasgueados

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

1. Will we see different gravitational pull on different planets, ex: planets with low-gravity/high gravity? If so, how will the tonnage work then?

2. When can we expect a training/testing ground, so that we can test our builds, weapons etc.

3. Do you have any plans for a day/night cycle (on certain maps/planets, not all) and a dynamic weather system?

Edited by Rasgueados, 12 August 2012 - 08:00 PM.

#35 Marbo

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:50 PM

Hello devs,

I'm wondering whether you will be introducing other "Premium" mechs to the game which we can buy for real money. Say a MadCat for $20 worth of C-Bills. Same thing as the founders, they earn x% more XP and C-Bills per match.

I've bought two Premium tanks in World of Tanks so yes people buy them but the WoT developers are making decisions that will kill the game. Hence I'm here.

I've applied for a Beta access but as of now it's still pending. Can't afford a Founders pack to join early so that's a bummer.

Anyway thanks.

#36 Plasticcaz

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 19 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Would the Timber Wolf or the Mad Dog ever be a consideration as mechs in this game? Or wouldn't that fit with the time in the mech warrior universe?

Those were my favourite mechs from mech warrior 2.

#37 Max Power

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 174 posts
  • LocationSmall haven of semi-sanity in the bible belt

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:39 AM

Any chance we can change the torso twist indicator to something like this?

Posted Image
http://mwomercs.com/...__fromsearch__1

#38 Icedpyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 397 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

1) What is Jordan Weisman/Smith & Tinker's connection to the development of MWO? Aside from having been a major part in the crafting of the battletech universe, how is JW/S&T contributing to this specific project?

2) Is there any plan to ever include some kind of AI force (i.e. the clans kicking our @$$), or player vs. comp type match?

3) Has S&T, or PGI attempted in any way to purchase the rights for the unseen mech designs; If not, could they please? We really want the Warhammer :D

4) Will we be able to switch factions after release?

5) What benefits might a "lone wolf" garner as far as faction benefits (being that a faction of one, is good for none).

Edited by Icedpyre, 13 August 2012 - 04:41 AM.

#39 Eiodalin

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

What made you guys decide on the CryEngine for the game?

#2 Do You think there would be support for modding the Hud ingame?

Edited by Eiodalin, 13 August 2012 - 05:55 AM.

#40 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

there are a lot of great questions here, I really hope that this ask the devs uses some of them, because the last one was a horrible dissapointment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users