Depressing Mech Choices

483 replies to this topic

#481 wargonglok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationIowa, training my urbie combat skills in the sacred temple of the urbies

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

Need mo urbie !!!

#482 Gamgee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • LocationCanadia's Royal Reservation

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hands have a special middle digit that can be utilized for emergency morale shocks on the enemy to psychologically dampen them, I say they're awesome.

#483 Kagekun

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

If you really want to see what hands on a battlemech are for read the third book of the warrior trilogy and Hanse Davion's defense of the NAIS from a surprise attack.

#484 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostWhirlpoolBrewer, on 27 January 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

I've been playing the computer games since Mech Warrior 2, and I have always preferred mechs that don't remind me of gundams... like alomst every inner sphere mech does. I prefer the war simulation side of it all, not the arcade Mech Assault meets Gundamwing thing that most inner sphere mechs scream. Nobody can claim that they want Mech Warrior to be more sim than Mech Assault was and like mechs with hands. For pete sake the last mech to come out had a Mohawk. It looks like instead of shooting me, he is going to pull a guitar out and play heavy metal rock.

There are respectable Inner Sphere mechs out there that I'm praying they come out with. I'm happy to hear about the catapult, and I really hope they put the uziel in as well. There are acceptable mechs on the Inner Sphere side, but whenever a mech with hands comes out everyone just gets all excited about it, and my hope for a good mech warrior game drops a little more.

Don't get me wrong I still plan on playing it, specially when Clan mechs become available, but until then its just a little depressing. Heres to hoping for less 50 ton jokes and more 50 ton machines of war.

I'm confused. Of the few mechs that have hands nearly all of them are used solely for the purpose of mobility on the mech (assisting the mech in climbing etc. and aren't generally use in combat). Few if any resemble Gundams so I have no idea where your getting this notion from. I believe you remarked on the centurion and it's "mohawk" but in all honesty it looks amazing, especially compared to the original design.

Nearly every redesign has been amazing and I am confident the future ones will be just as good if not better. Heck, the redesigns are so good it actually has me contemplating piloting a Raven! When on earth does that ever happen?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users