Weapon Models and Variation

6 replies to this topic

#1 Slyck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

I'd like to see some variation in the weaponry. In TT rules weapons were meant to represent classes of similar weapons, mostly for simplicity, and this has been carried through all the MW game to this point. But the canon describes several different models of each class of weapon each with their variations, like machine-gun ACs and single shot ones. I think MW:O would benefit from seeing these classes broken down into several models and providing us with some options and variation with each weapon.

To expand on this, and this is where I definitely lose some of you, I think its these variations we should see as options in the Mechlab. Rather then letting the Dragon swap out his ac/5 for a ppc and more heat sinks, I'd like to see us able to switch the single shot sniper model used in open terrain for high powered machine-gun more effective in the tight quarters of a city.

#2 Liam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:41 PM

Do you mean extended version of BT canon weapons?
Something for experimental tech ...
On the other hand some kind of sniper AC (Hyper AC?) would be probably effective enough not being experimental.

#3 Azantia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

You didnt lose me, and this was indirectly referenced in another post. According to the sourcebooks, the Autocannon classifications are the universal evaluation of the overall destructive power of an Autocannon based upon the shell size and rate of fire. I would definately support this model and i think it would bring a great deal of personal play style and depth to the game. I really really like this idea. The same would go for laser systems and even PPCs. I love some of the expanded TT rules that included Heavy and Light PPCs because you get the idea in the novels that there are "heavier" and "lighter" PPCs. I mean, when the Free Worlds League gets their hands on LosTech in the form of upgraded laser technology, it isnt properly reflected as just being ER lasers. Their lasers have increased effeciency across the board, from heat management, to range to destructive power. At least thats the sense I got when I read the lore.

Edited by Azantia, 27 January 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#4 Slyck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 27 January 2012 - 03:55 PM

Nothing quite so dramatic as experimental tech, but look at the med. laser page at sarna, there are over a dozen different models of medium laser and they don't all have to behave identically. Once could have a 5% improvement on range and a 5% reduction of damage because it has finer optics. Each weapon could have all sorts of little variant models as long as it doesn't drag the weapon into a different class.

Edited by Slyck, 27 January 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#5 Liam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationStuttgart

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

this would be nice.

#6 chill1ray

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSome Back Water Planet!

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

How about rotary auto lazer cannons utilizing chemical laser rounds!! its both a laser and ammo and produces heat!!

#7 Slyck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

I think I had one of those in a Munchkin game once. But I doubt a bananaphanaphophaser will do much to a mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users