11 replies to this topic

#1 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

(I think this can be considered fan art)

For those who didn't see this, here are some samples:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Download of the PDF print & play book (version 1.6)

Edited by Odanan, 07 September 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#2 Grumm Esverian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 210 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, kentucky

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

Interesting...

I have to ask though, why make this when there has already been a card game and while there is still the TT game going strong? Why would I go through the trouble of downloading, printing out, and then learning a new rules system when there are others already available and established?

Don't misunderstand, I'm not attacking your idea; I just want to hear the sales pitch for it. Sell me this game :)

#3 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

View PostGrumm Esverian, on 14 August 2012 - 06:03 AM, said:

Interesting...

I have to ask though, why make this when there has already been a card game and while there is still the TT game going strong? Why would I go through the trouble of downloading, printing out, and then learning a new rules system when there are others already available and established?

Don't misunderstand, I'm not attacking your idea; I just want to hear the sales pitch for it. Sell me this game :)

Why should you play MWO if there is already a TT game (or even another Mechwarrior video games)? Because it's a different experience of Battletech.

My MWO Chess is like this, a different experience - different of the board and the card games.

#4 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

Photo of my first play test:

Posted Image

Edited by Odanan, 15 August 2012 - 10:21 AM.

#5 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:54 AM

OK, the game is updated to version 1.5. Lot's of changes.

#6 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

I feel like I'm looking at an amalgamation of the old Battletech CCG (1996-1998) and the Battletech Quick Strike rules from Strategic Operations.

Also, for the sake of keeping the feel of the franchise, I'd recommend ditching the checkerboard in favor of hexes, whether you're using a chessex hex mat, a Battletech Mapsheet, or tiles from Catan.

#7 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

View Postice trey, on 17 August 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

......Also, for the sake of keeping the feel of the franchise, I'd recommend ditching the checkerboard in favor of hexes, whether you're using a chessex hex mat, a Battletech Mapsheet, or tiles from Catan....

Good idea, but I think this was made to be accessible to everybody. More people have a chess/checkerboard somewhere in their house than a hex board or Settlers of Catan tiles.

And if you don't have a Chess Board, you can always use anything from the kitchen tiles to the backyard stone tiles for a little outdoor action.

Either way, this game costs less and a good substitute for BT TT for those who had been late in the BT franchise.

Kudos, Odanan

#8 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

View Postice trey, on 17 August 2012 - 05:07 AM, said:

I feel like I'm looking at an amalgamation of the old Battletech CCG (1996-1998) and the Battletech Quick Strike rules from Strategic Operations.

Also, for the sake of keeping the feel of the franchise, I'd recommend ditching the checkerboard in favor of hexes, whether you're using a chessex hex mat, a Battletech Mapsheet, or tiles from Catan.

You can play it in a larger board, for sure.

I can even think in some alternative rules for a hex board.

View PostStingr4y, on 17 August 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Good idea, but I think this was made to be accessible to everybody. More people have a chess/checkerboard somewhere in their house than a hex board or Settlers of Catan tiles.

And if you don't have a Chess Board, you can always use anything from the kitchen tiles to the backyard stone tiles for a little outdoor action.

Either way, this game costs less and a good substitute for BT TT for those who had been late in the BT franchise.

Kudos, Odanan

That was exactly my intention. Besides, playing in a small board like the chessboard make things more controllable and the game faster.

#9 The Testiclops

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 252 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

I cant find it whont let me save/copy/ or dl this is pretty fricken sweet though good find

#10 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostAthanos Kerensky, on 19 August 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

I cant find it whont let me save/copy/ or dl this is pretty fricken sweet though good find

The link is working fine here... :)

#11 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

The Battletech card game made by Wizards of the Coast and developed by Richard Garfield (Magic: The Gathering fame) was very good. I still have my cards and decks. Go play that. I wish they can restart up that CCG.

Edited by Natasha Kerensky, 20 August 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#12 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

View PostNatasha Kerensky, on 20 August 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

I wish they can restart up that CCG.

Me too. But this time, I wish they do things right from the beginning.
Ah, and no more tons of useless cards, please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users